Like many I arrived at the match yesterday thinking that a draw would be a good result. Walking to the stadium I said to my son “if we were to win it would be a fantastic result”. Well, fantastic it was.
We started looking to get forward - what a change that was. We pressed and showed some pace - two more huge changes. We looked as if we wanted to win! The first half was very encouraging and by far our best first half performance of the season.
My concern at half time was that we would see the usual raft of substitutions. Until their goal, we were seeing less of the ball and falling back too much. Their goal seemed an inevitability. At that point my thoughts were that if we lost the performance was still a big step forward. I was disappointed to see Turnbull go off and Bowler stay on. Grant came over to the right, where I believe he should always play and the momentum picked up again. It wasn’t Ipswich sitting back, it was us pushing them back. Getting the equaliser was great and well deserved. Seeing the winning goal go in produced not only a fantastic win but the most exciting moment of the season so far. The drive home was the best this season!

I thought all worked hard and played better yesterday, even Wintle��.
My only criticism as already mentioned relates to Bowler and Grant playing on the wrong side. Time to give Bowler a rest and start with O’Dowda on the left.