Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Maybe. The way i look at it is more simplistic. He's playing already, and at a very good level. He's getting his chance, it's happening right now, and he's on for 100 league appearances. It really is up to him to show his ability and consistency, there will always be excuses i suppose, but that's probably the case for all footballers, all industries where we see top end performers. You may well be right about a loan, it's a fair point.
Mainly because as he's "one of our own" as this thread shows we can't discuss him objectively as a fan group. Some will defend him whatever he does. Others treat him harsher as sometimes happen to our own. It's just not objective.

I'd be fascinated to hear what fans of say Derby County or Charlton etc thought of him if they had him for a few months as they wouldn't have that baggage.

It wouldn't surprise me if he thrived and they thought wow what a player we have got here imagine if we can keep him- or if they thought yeah some nice touches but doesn't offer enough for what we need.