+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ...and Wales lose 21-24 to Italy (with two very late tries for Wales) to earn the wooden Spoon.....but at least I can see what Gatland is doing in playing the youngsters...one I think who has only played 5 game for Cardiff rugby from the bench.

Bulut now needs to do the same....there is nothing to play for this season...give our youngsters a chance to sink or swim.
    I agree because the prospect of watching this lot performing with nothing on the game is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well said.

It's probably been said as well but we idon't have 11 players better than Rubin Colwill, and there is no way Turnbull should ever start over him.
    Some sense at last.

Colwill has his faults but he at least offers us something and in fairness to him almost always looks to go forward.

I can say any of that about Turnbull yet. He just looks like the next Richard Langley to me.

My final word on Colwill in this thread, he got City man of the match on Wales Online with seven out of ten, but I’m surprised that no one appears to have mentioned that he missed what I thought was our best chance of the match - his finishing is an aspect of his game which appears to going backwards..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Some sense at last.

Colwill has his faults but he at least offers us something and in fairness to him almost always looks to go forward.

I can say any of that about Turnbull yet. He just looks like the next Richard Langley to me.
    Come on Bobby....stop sitting on the fence. Tell us what you really think about Turnbull!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    But Turnbull looked great against Ipswich. I agree with you about not having 11 players better than Colwill but probably not for the same reasons! I just think they are all....the same.
    I’m sorry but Turnbull did not look great against Ipswich. He really didn’t - he merely ran about and contributed almost nothing.

He was subbed in the second half and surprise surprise we looked a lot better and scored twice.

Swansea are a dreadful side and they completely bossed today. Williams ran rings round Bulut. He's had 8 games and they have a clear idea of what they're doing. What are we? 38 games in and I don't really know apart from insipid. In possession, we are a complete and utter joke. The players aren't this bad, this comes down to tactics and a complete lack of identity.
    100% ab-so-feckin-lutely

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My final word on Colwill in this thread, he got City man of the match on Wales Online with seven out of ten, but I’m surprised that no one appears to have mentioned that he missed what I thought was our best chance of the match - his finishing is an aspect of his game which appears to going backwards..
    Said it before but would like to see Rubin as the 9

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I like Bulut, but what's the point of that. Just accept the result was deserved due to a poor performance and being completely out thought by the opposition manager.

Hate it when managers try to shift some of the blame in results like this, where it really didn't make any difference.
    I thought the officials got most the calls right.

Meite would have walked with most refs

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    'Some of my players went hiding'. Bulut gave a brutal assessment of his team's performance in the derby defeat against Swansea - particularly their dire first half showing

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...ng-derby-game/
    Try taking the blame for once Bulut, with you negative starting 11 and awful tactics. It was case, well if we can frustrate the jacks for 70mins then we can throw on a couple of flair players and nick a goal and win. Sadly for us, Luke Williams: had you sussed out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He needs to f uck off.
    When he finally got the players on he should have started with, as usual….

Some sense at last.

Oh come on, you've now condemned Turnbull to having to be subbed because he's fallen over and poked himself in the eye!

I’m sorry but Turnbull did not look great against Ipswich. He really didn’t - he merely ran about and contributed almost nothing.

He was subbed in the second half and surprise surprise we looked a lot better and scored twice.
    I may have overused the word great.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I thought the officials got most the calls right.

Meite would have walked with most refs
    Agreed, though Darling was an absolute prat, Meite is off in most games. One of the better officiating performances I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For someone who is a good striker of the ball, it seems to desert him when he needs it most. I agree with you, it is going backwards too but he does tend to lean back when he strikes the ball. I remember him nearly clearing the ball out of the back of the Canton stand vs Huddersfield in the Moore comeback win.

Agreed, though Darling was an absolute prat, Meite is off in most games. One of the better officiating performances I've seen in a while.
    Darling was a prat but it's his job to be a professional prat. He played Meite brilliantly and anyone else who came near him. Ng has done the same for us many times. It's part of the game and for players to deal with it. They played as a team. Even to the point of targeting Meite after the yellow.

Swansea are a dreadful side and they completely bossed today. Williams ran rings round Bulut. He's had 8 games and they have a clear idea of what they're doing. What are we? 38 games in and I don't really know apart from insipid. In possession, we are a complete and utter joke. The players aren't this bad, this comes down to tactics and a complete lack of identity.
    Trying to be impartial here, I agree he was completely out thought by Williams - but you look at who we have in midfield and attack... Wintle, Tanner, Bowler, Meite, and then the injured Etete and Robinson are all absolutely bang average. Our 3 best midfielders have been injured or injury prone all season. Diedhiou and Turnbull only arrived 6 weeks ago. You work with what you have, the players that have featured most prominently wouldn't be picked up by a team pushing for promotion, which we never were, because of the embargo. Simple as that.

I don't expect us to sign like madmen this summer, but we will have more free reign to sign players Bulut actually wants. I do agree tactically he has been exposed a few times this season, but he's also done a number on a few teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Darling was a prat but it's his job to be a professional prat. He played Meite brilliantly and anyone else who came near him. Ng has done the same for us many times. It's part of the game and for players to deal with it. They played as a team. Even to the point of targeting Meite after the yellow.

Meite should have had a red for the head butt- it was embarrassing from darling but we all know the rules and if it wasn't a Derby he'd have been off.

However then that 2nd yellow! You won't see a much clearer yellow than that! He should definitely have been sent off at least once if not twice.

How the ref can even be mentioned by anyone when looking at why we lost is beyond me.

Trying to be impartial here, I agree he was completely out thought by Williams - but you look at who we have in midfield and attack... Wintle, Tanner, Bowler, Meite, and then the injured Etete and Robinson are all absolutely bang average. Our 3 best midfielders have been injured or injury prone all season. Diedhiou and Turnbull only arrived 6 weeks ago. You work with what you have, the players that have featured most prominently wouldn't be picked up by a team pushing for promotion, which we never were, because of the embargo. Simple as that.

I don't expect us to sign like madmen this summer, but we will have more free reign to sign players Bulut actually wants. I do agree tactically he has been exposed a few times this season, but he's also done a number on a few teams.
    They had Liam Cullen and Platecha in the front 3, Joe Allen can't move and Paterson isn't special. We didn't get outclassed by a team of world beaters, far from it.

I don't want to give Bulut money because I don't trust him to use it well. I think this is the style he wants to play and it doesn't work. The majority of our wins this season are where we've done a job on sides. A goal from a set piece and then we've defended resolutely. There's more to football than that, and it also won't work long term. I don't think we've come away from too many defeats thinking "we were unlucky there" but there are a load of our wins when you think, how the hell did we win that? PNE, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland etc.

I don't want us to have to rip up and start again but I literally cannot be bothered to watch that for another season. It isn't fun and before anyone says it, Warnock had a clear plan and the football was a lot better than this.

They had Liam Cullen and Platecha in the front 3, Joe Allen can't move and Paterson isn't special. We didn't get outclassed by a team of world beaters, far from it.

I don't want to give Bulut money because I don't trust him to use it well. I think this is the style he wants to play and it doesn't work. The majority of our wins this season are where we've done a job on sides. A goal from a set piece and then we've defended resolutely. There's more to football than that, and it also won't work long term. I don't think we've come away from too many defeats thinking "we were unlucky there" but there are a load of our wins when you think, how the hell did we win that? PNE, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland etc.

I don't want us to have to rip up and start again but I literally cannot be bothered to watch that for another season. It isn't fun and before anyone says it, Warnock had a clear plan and the football was a lot better than this.
    I just don't see how he can be ousted having done what was expected with minimal finances. I don't believe we'd get anyone better, nor do I think anyone else could've got this club to safety with 8 games to go. I couldn't care less about the style of football if it's working, it has worked this season, as the objective was stay up.

I just don't see how he can be ousted having done what was expected with minimal finances. I don't believe we'd get anyone better, nor do I think anyone else could've got this club to safety with 8 games to go. I couldn't care less about the style of football if it's working, it has worked this season, as the objective was stay up.
    Our wage bill is enormous, this is a fallacy that we are doing it on the cheap. Also, everyone is skint. Nobody is spending money and we've spent 3m on Turnbull and Horvath. The objective wasn't just to stay up either. That's why he got the job.

Our wage bill is enormous, this is a fallacy that we are doing it on the cheap. Also, everyone is skint. Nobody is spending money and we've spent 3m on Turnbull and Horvath. The objective wasn't just to stay up either. That's why he got the job.
    If the objective was to go up, I'm not holding this seasons effort against Bulut.

Did we really spent 3m on two players out of contract in the summer? I have huge doubts on that.

I’ve seen the 2m bouncing around n turnbull but surely it was a minimal fee with add ons if he does well. Same with the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Did we really spent 3m on two players out of contract in the summer? I have huge doubts on that.

I’ve seen the 2m bouncing around n turnbull but surely it was a minimal fee with add ons if he does well. Same with the keeper.
    The initial fee for Turnbull was around £500k with hefty additional payments

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The initial fee for Turnbull was around £500k with hefty additional payments
    At 24 I don’t think that’s a bad fee but he needs to do a hell of a lot more in the final third for an attacking midfielder.