+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Probably our worst Derby defeat ever. Considering how bad that swansea team is. To lose like that v them is absolutely appalling. At least when they normally beat us they have some tidy players and neutrals say they are good. This swansea team is awful yet can flick us aside with no issues. Pathetic.
    I actually thought they played some tidy football today. Made us look crap for sure....but then.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I actually thought they played some tidy football today. Made us look crap for sure....but then.
    They did look good. But we know from the previous 40 odd games this season they really aren't.

They did look good. But we know from the previous 40 odd games this season they really aren't.
    Yeah...it was just that they cut us apart on so many occasions with some clever through balls. Composure in midfield. Grimes was always going to get the better of our midfield without Ramsey to contend with. We were so lucky they missed the pen and we still had a vague chance of grabbing a point. But they could have stuck a cricket score on us if they'd had a better side. That's what's scary.

Probably our worst Derby defeat ever. Considering how bad that swansea team is. To lose like that v them is absolutely appalling. At least when they normally beat us they have some tidy players and neutrals say they are good. This swansea team is awful yet can flick us aside with no issues. Pathetic.
    Think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, I agree that it’s not a very good Swansea side and we were very poor, but there’s been worse in recent years - the two defeats in 21/22 for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, I agree that it’s not a very good Swansea side and we were very poor, but there’s been worse in recent years - the two defeats in 21/22 for a start.
    As individual games yes. But in 2021/22 season they finished 8 point's above us so were undoubtedly better than us. While those games were particularly bad at the end of the day if both teams played their best then they were going to win out.

However looking at those squads today and the league table with a win taking us 13 points above them the context makes today's defeat more embarrassing. A neutral would never in a million years have picked us as the side who would be 13 points clear of the other with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I am still waiting for consistency from him but I thought he was pretty good when he cam on today.
    Hard to have consistency when he starts the odd game now and again then given 20 minutes to do something.

Turnbull and Bowler have had plenty of opportunities recently weeks and done nothing. Why can't we give one of our own a chance to start

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Best line of the day, 'We were never in it' let's talk shit about personnel, selection etc. All futile in my opinion. Players who don't match the opposition in terms of desire, and a manager who allowed certain aspects of the game to fail time after time after time, without doing a thing about it.
    This sums it up for me. The same tired, lazy start (which usually goes on for 70 minutes). The only ones with flare are stuck on the bench with the hope that it’s 0-2 or less with 20 minutes to go. That’s no way to set up for competitive football.

....and Wales awful too...losing 0-11 to Itay....

At least season over now and hopefully we never see the likes of bowler again. So bad. Got to play some youngsters now they literally can not be worse.

At least season over now and hopefully we never see the likes of bowler again. So bad. Got to play some youngsters now they literally can not be worse.
    I hope so....

Can we just for once not have an argument about Colwill after a defeat? I don’t get how anyone could have watched that and concluded that Colwill’s performance was the thing above all that deserved criticism. What about the scores of things we did wrong in the first half before he came on for a start.
    Because our fans would rather criticise our own academy players. Then they will moan we never produce anyone.

Waste of ****ing time.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Because our fans would rather criticise our own academy players. Then they will moan we never produce anyone.

Waste of ****ing time.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What did grant do?

Colwill released us 2-3 times with a quality pass for our only attacks. And he was the only player attempting anything. He should start every single game.

Totally agree and bowler should never bother our ground again - time for Ashford and colwell junior to see if they have what to takes

Still want bulut to stay but I think he won't of his own desire and we will be back to square one and god help us then -another season of stagnation

Having Ramsey and colwill on the pitch gives us a different dimension the former we have missed massively obviously - he buys us time for other players

Ah well at least we stemmed the double trend

Off to have a break from the board for a couple of weeks cos we all know that was massively poor but there will be so many negative over reactions that it is not worth hanging around for with a few toxic negative posters derailing every single thread even if it is about under water basket weaving repeating the same angst over and over and over - so not worth it for me - be back after the international break - now where's Eric

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    22 is hardly old is it. Outside of a handful of players, how many have every been worldclass before 21.

So what about the rest of the so called professionals that have played at this level???

Turnbull, played for Celtic and can do **** all. Bowler offers nothing.

Colwill was the only one who created opportunities for us in the 90 minutes.

We must be the only fans who are more than happy to criticise our own academy players rather than want to see them given a chance.

How can a young player grow and develop if they are only ever getting 20-25 minutes a match.

I would rather give our academy players a chance to develop then constantly rely on journeymen.
    Well said.

What a feeble ****ing attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    We made them look good. Siopis and Wintle just chased shadows for 90 minutes it was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What a feeble ****ing attempt
    At least get stuck in ff sake

Can we just for once not have an argument about Colwill after a defeat? I don’t get how anyone could have watched that and concluded that Colwill’s performance was the thing above all that deserved criticism. What about the scores of things we did wrong in the first half before he came on for a start.
    I agree, but maybe people shouldn't bang on about him like he's some wonder kid, plenty did initially when they should have known better, especially in terms of development with young players. Nobody actually says what he does well either.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We made them look good. Siopis and Wintle just chased shadows for 90 minutes it was embarrassing.
    I don't think it was those twos fault though

They were left with no option

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    So that brings us back to the question - should Bulut be given a new contract?!!
    No

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think it was those twos fault though

They were left with no option
    Go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Go back to bed
    Try and be pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post