+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction v Swansea: “Fathers of Failure” to be wrapped up like Fred West

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Prediction v Swansea: “Fathers of Failure” to be wrapped up like Fred West

Love it bring it on!

https://jackarmy.net/forum/threads/d...-pieces.14679/

From swansea message board

Defending set pieces

I make that the 4th game in a row where we've conceded directly from one.

All preventable.

Pathetic.

Scum next week who score plenty from them.

From then on everyone agrees they are terrible at defending corners and dead ball free kicks, Turnball and Wintle should be perfecting them and have great fun

Re: Prediction v Swansea: “Fathers of Failure” to be wrapped up like Fred West

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Love it bring it on!

https://jackarmy.net/forum/threads/d...-pieces.14679/

From swansea message board

Defending set pieces

I make that the 4th game in a row where we've conceded directly from one.

All preventable.

Pathetic.

Scum next week who score plenty from them.

From then on everyone agrees they are terrible at defending corners and dead ball free kicks, Turnball and Wintle should be perfecting them and have great fun
    Nice find, and a funny read. Look at the sheer array of problems they have. Incredible. They have squeaked that three-game run before Bristol, by fannying around against junk opposition. Only a minority of their fans are clinging onto that like a comfort blanket.

If you look at the general statistics between Cardiff v Swansea the average Joe would conclude a likely close game. The set pieces data they are talking about 1 data point indicates a super-soft underbelly, and against our very big team it is a huge issue. But looking at the deeper statistics, the set piece defending of Swansea is just 1of 6 key items that indicate to me that their team is in big, big trouble. I think that Cardiff ripping them apart kick starts a new downturn of form and results that will send them hurtling into a relegation fight.

The Swansea fanbase’ confidence is absolutely shot to pieces. That plays into their crowd support and lack of atmosphere, that their players will feed off.

I don’t blame Luke Williams for trying to paint us as a “different game”, as he seems like a decent guy just trying to do his job. I have a quiet respect for him. But in doing his job, he is just putting on a brave face. Lipstick on a pig. Finger in the dyke. Because the data I have for Swansea’s recent performances, including their three wins, shows a rapid deterioration in some key areas that often have accuracy in predicting wins from losses. If I can see it, then Luke definitely sees the same data from Opta.

Luke Williams must know that his team are surely f*cked, rapidly running out of capacity, and they are likely to sink into a slow, painful, struggle for survival.