+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls signs new contract

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe Ralls signs new contract

I would have had him on a 'Pay as you play'..........

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I would have had him on a 'Pay as you play'..........
    Now are you being serious there I wonder? I’ll be serious and say the use of the words “appearance based” about the further one year extension suggests there is an element of pay as you play to it.

This time last year, I would have said Joe Ralls was on his last contract at City as he was missing lots of games and struggling when he did play. He’s missed quite a few games this season, but it seems to me that, first, he’s in better form than he was in 22/23 and, second, whatever it is which causes him to miss so many games is not affecting him as much when he plays as it once did - he’s been able to play the occasional full ninety minutes this season and going back a year again, I’d have said such things were beyond him.

Very good news regarding someone who has been such a great servant of the club - testimonial games are almost unheard of these days, but Ralls has more than qualified for one now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Now are you being serious there I wonder? I’ll be serious and say the use of the words “appearance based” about the further one year extension suggests there is an element of pay as you play to it.

This time last year, I would have said Joe Ralls was on his last contract at City as he was missing lots of games and struggling when he did play. He’s missed quite a few games this season, but it seems to me that, first, he’s in better form than he was in 22/23 and, second, whatever it is which causes him to miss so many games is not affecting him as much when he plays as it once did - he’s been able to play the occasional full ninety minutes this season and going back a year again, I’d have said such things were beyond him.

Very good news regarding someone who has been such a great servant of the club - testimonial games are almost unheard of these days, but Ralls has more than qualified for one now.
    Am i being serious?