+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Apathy towards the egg.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Apathy towards the egg.

Carrying on from the theme above, I didn’t play competitive football until after I left school. The school was entwined with the local rugby clubs, so there was zero opportunity. I watched & supported City from the age of 9, so the effective ban on football, made me resent rugby.

The situation in my extended family is very gender divided. The lads are all football oriented, the girls rugby.

Re: Apathy towards the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Carrying on from the theme above, I didn’t play competitive football until after I left school. The school was entwined with the local rugby clubs, so there was zero opportunity. I watched & supported City from the age of 9, so the effective ban on football, made me resent rugby.

The situation in my extended family is very gender divided. The lads are all football oriented, the girls rugby.
    Wales international games have become a ‘girls event’. The photos you see the day after games seem dominated by women in various pseudo Welsh themed regalia gurning at the camera. Strange how the supporting of those international days have turned out, I won’t say how supporting rugby as a sport has turned out because barring Wales games I doubt they realise that there are club fixtures throughout the season. It’s become a 5 or 6 times a year women’s piss up.