+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apathy towards the egg.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Apathy towards the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Domestic rugby is a bit of a joke. What should have happened is a total merger of the English and Welsh leagues 25 years ago, with the best rising to the top. The lack of promotion and relegation makes the league a real struggle. That said, I do enjoy watching Cardiff Rugby, but mainly cos it's a special ground and nice to stand with mates and watch it

I love international rugby. No fan of the WRU though. It's been an absolutely fantastic six nations and when rugby is good it is a very entertaining game in my opinion
    Cardiff Rugby seems very white middle class

Solicitors, Accountants , Dentists , Medics

Re: Apathy towards the egg.

I only caught the tail end of the “amateur” era but the older I get it’s the club game I wish still existed in its previous form. Of course it’s still there, I enjoyed a cold afternoon out watching Pontypool v Newport over Xmas with a few thousand others at Pontypool Park.

At the top level, played in the right spirit, it still can have its moments. The France/NZ game at the WC recently for example.

But something about professionalism has changed the game, arguably not for the better. Sheer physicality, focus on defence, bit of a quagmire on rules to compensate, serious health concerns for players safety, etc.