+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Karl Wallinger.

Karl Wallinger.

Welsh musician Karl Wallinger dies at 66.

Played World Party's Goodbye Jumbo album continuously when it came out back in the early nineties.

Particularly loved these two World Party tracks

RIP

Re: Karl Wallinger.

Saw Karl live with the Waterboys a couple of times back in the mid-80s. The Waterboys of '85 & '86 with Karl, Mike Scott and Anto Thistlewaite were probably the best live band around in those days. Well, to my ears they were. Wasn't so fussed on his solo stuff though. He suffered a brain aneurysm in 2001 which could have lead to his passing, as the cause of death hasn't been announced yet.

R.I.P. to a wonderful musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Saw Karl live with the Waterboys a couple of times back in the mid-80s. The Waterboys of '85 & '86 with Karl, Mike Scott and Anto Thistlewaite were probably the best live band around in those days. Well, to my ears they were. Wasn't so fussed on his solo stuff though. He suffered a brain aneurysm in 2001 which could have lead to his passing, as the cause of death hasn't been announced yet.

R.I.P. to a wonderful musician.
    Seen them few times and (to me) Private Revolution was a revelation in what could be written about rather than all the usual metal / disco / punk rubbish.
    Met him once for a very brief chat - well he had said hello , I said hello, I bought a t shirt and a dvd etc. Sadly missed Karl Edward DeVere Wallinger (to give him his full name)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lD_...rldParty-Topic

As well as those already posted, this was a favourite of mine. RIP.

Private revolution is in my top 5.
    Every track is gold.
    Thanks Karl.