Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
We only ever had one average attendance in the 2nd division below 5k and I'd be interested in the context of the whole of the 70s in terms of attendances.

1969-71 - in two seasons we averaged 21.5k. We then had 3 seasons dodging relegation, before finally succombing to the drop in 1975, averaging 9k. We put nearly 3k on that attendance in winning promotion back at the first attempt (another time we averaged more in a successful 3rd tier season than relegation from the 2nd), then saw crowds drift away in the early 80s, going from nearly 13k to 5.5k in the 2nd division in 5 seasons. Most of those seasons saw us struggle and crowds across the UK dwindled in the 80s, even with some of the biggest teams. Villa's crowd dropped by nearly 20k in 5 seasons after winning the league in 1980/81 as an example.

As for Bradford, you fail to mention many rubbish crowds in the 1990s and even in the mid 2000s. They've obviously got things right, and comparing League 2 with us in 2003 is a completely unfair comparison, given how crowds have kept increasing.

You try at every possibility to put down our support. You reckon I'm negative towards Bulut. You're fecking worse towards our current fans. I feel you can't wait for a crap crowd just so you can mouth off about how shit our support is. You should be disgusted with yourself.

What I try to be is realistic and I never slag off our fans as you erroneously suggest I do , I think you as an occasional fan , even when we were doing well and someone I have never seen away from home are biting off a bit more than you can chew with that

I would love us to have great support but the south wales public just don't back the club in the numbers they should

We have a hardcore of great fans , home and away but we just don't have them in enough numbers

The fans we do have are great

It's the plastic fans who support the plastic clubs and the general apathy of South Wales people that are the problem