+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City's Attendance Record Under Threat

City's Attendance Record Under Threat

89,826 City v Pompey is the new Wembley record .

Will FA plan to potentially introduce safe standing blow that out of the water ??

Biggest in old / new was 1923 final Bolton v Hammers allegedly 126,047

City v Gunners 1927 was 91,206 , in 1925 it was 91,763 and Katie Tunstall scored the winner for the Blades

Re: City's Attendance Record Under Threat

With safe standing there are still seats though. Unless they are expanding the seating capacity it's not going to change much.

I wonder why ours is the record football attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    89,826 City v Pompey is the new Wembley record .

Will FA plan to potentially introduce safe standing blow that out of the water ??

Biggest in old / new was 1923 final Bolton v Hammers allegedly 126,047

City v Gunners 1927 was 91,206 , in 1925 it was 91,763 and Katie Tunstall scored the winner for the Blades
    Some say more like 200,000 in 1923, fans were all along the touchline a la a parks match.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    With safe standing there are still seats though. Unless they are expanding the seating capacity it's not going to change much.

It is odd, guess real fans wanted to go for once not just tourists

International

Because that was the day that most people attended, perhaps!

It was only the second year of Wembley hosting finals wasn't it?

Maybe after a few games they’d identified a few adjustments that needed to be made that took out a few seats. Disabled seating, more/wider access routes, a change to segregation, expanded subs bench/technical area, layout change to hospitality boxes, etc.

The 2007 and 2008 finals both had crowds of 89,800. Since then, the highest crowds are 89,400 or 89,300. So I’m guessing after our final a few hundred seats were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Maybe after a few games they’d identified a few adjustments that needed to be made that took out a few seats. Disabled seating, more/wider access routes, a change to segregation, expanded subs bench/technical area, layout change to hospitality boxes, etc.

The 2007 and 2008 finals both had crowds of 89,800. Since then, the highest crowds are 89,400 or 89,300. So I’m guessing after our final a few hundred seats were removed.
    Spot on, additional security gaps between fans , more boxes for the filthy rich , we were seen as the Guinea pig FA Cup event , after the video evidence was taken away, and top end psychologists scrutineers viewed the behavior's of raging opposing fans they decided a bigger gap was needed between seats .

They also preferred less club fans and more rich metropolitan elite hospitality boxes for non sporting types to sup away on their free buffets , G & T 's , scoff Brasserie type foods , whilst chatting about stocks /shares , looking and nodding at the well healed ladies who are always invited to these events as it hits the equality quotas ..

Spot on, additional security gaps between fans , more boxes for the filthy rich , we were seen as the Guinea pig FA Cup event , after the video evidence was taken away, and top end psychologists scrutineers viewed the behavior's of raging opposing fans they decided a bigger gap was needed between seats .

They also preferred less club fans and more rich metropolitan elite hospitality boxes for non sporting types to sup away on their free buffets , G & T 's , scoff Brasserie type foods , whilst chatting about stocks /shares , looking and nodding at the well healed ladies who are always invited to these events as it hits the equality quotas ..
    The only raging fans I saw that day were some of our own, racist coked up little tossers!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Does anyone know why the old Wembley was restricted to 92,000 for night games?

Less corporate?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    The only raging fans I saw that day were some of our own, racist coked up little tossers!
    I encountered some Pompey on the tube, fat wankers abusing 'shirters'. All clubs have them.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Does anyone know why the old Wembley was restricted to 92,000 for night games?
    I could be on police advise ,as Met are needed elsewhere , dealing with the magical protest City that is London , getting in and out of wembley requires a lot of horse , manpower ,helicopters and that just for the other gender games

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I encountered some Pompey on the tube, fat wankers abusing 'shirters'. All clubs have them.
    I encountered Pompey at an away game tick tock

I encountered Pompey at an away game tick tock

Yep
    All the Pompey fans i met were good lads.

Of our 4 Wembley games the Portsmouth fans were the worst I encountered, also on the underground, it was an uncomfortable journey.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yep
    All the Pompey fans i met were good lads.
    That's always good

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Of our 4 Wembley games the Portsmouth fans were the worst I encountered, also on the underground, it was an uncomfortable journey.
    Same here Des, they were looking for stragglers on the tubes and just waiting for any excuse to pounce.