+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would make half time more interesting?

What would make half time more interesting?

I have often thought the dead down time can be such an energy killer. I think more laughs and humour are needed. Throwing to the floor, but a starters for ten..

1. More beaver and boobs. 5 women, local prozzies or nightclub dancers get them off and get them out. Compare and contrast. Vote for the best bird via a polling app. Bird gets some free publicity.

2. Substitute arm wrestle between two opposition benches. An app allows Cardiff fans to choose their sub, and oppo to choose theirs. Both players arm wrestle in the centre circle with a commentator. Local bookies open a book on it.

3. Fans from the crowd onto the pitch for a game of five a side, refereed by one of the City subs. Lets see who piles into who

4. As above, fans to play a game of darts with pictures of Huw Jenkins, Lee Trundle or Scott Murray, or another twat of your choice, as a dartboard covering. A famous darts player to ref it

5. A fan booze-off to see who can down the lagers best with the first puker losing. and a free Peters Pie “flavour of your choice” for the winner

Any more for any more? Maybe we can send this list to Kenny Choo Choo train and get him to liven it up a bit

Re: What would make half time more interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂👍💪

The first two wouldn't work for me, my phone signal is awful during a match.
    Anyway, by the time I have wondered down for a pee (having waited for the initial rush to die down) and then check the half time scores on the screens on the concourse there isn't much time for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I have often thought the dead down time can be such an energy killer. I think more laughs and humour are needed. Throwing to the floor, but a starters for ten..

1. More beaver and boobs. 5 women, local prozzies or nightclub dancers get them off and get them out. Compare and contrast. Vote for the best bird via a polling app. Bird gets some free publicity.

2. Substitute arm wrestle between two opposition benches. An app allows Cardiff fans to choose their sub, and oppo to choose theirs. Both players arm wrestle in the centre circle with a commentator. Local bookies open a book on it.

3. Fans from the crowd onto the pitch for a game of five a side, refereed by one of the City subs. Lets see who piles into who

4. As above, fans to play a game of darts with pictures of Huw Jenkins, Lee Trundle or Scott Murray, or another twat of your choice, as a dartboard covering. A famous darts player to ref it

5. A fan booze-off to see who can down the lagers best with the first puker losing. and a free Peters Pie “flavour of your choice” for the winner

Any more for any more? Maybe we can send this list to Kenny Choo Choo train and get him to liven it up a bit

Cut the price of the beer to half price for an hour before the start.
    That would make all of the above very interesting.

International

Swansea fans randomly around the ground take off their coats to show their shirts and do the swim away, you'd have to guess where they are and we could laugh when they get thrown down the stairs?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Swansea fans randomly around the ground take off their coats to show their shirts and do the swim away, you'd have to guess where they are and we could laugh when they get thrown down the stairs?
    Sounds like free advertising for Ben Sherman shirts or Kappa tracksuits.

Better hope the local ground has GPS Satellite or widescreen cameras though to capture the fullness of their physical dimensions

Who remembers in the 60’s at Ninian Park, the people walking around the pitchside with trays of pasties and mars bars for sale

Boob Olympics

Monkey Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Boob Olympics

Monkey Tennis
    Yeah hurdles!! From touchline to touchline hurdles to clear every 10 metres. Knockers bouncing up and down like a Benny Hill Show. That would cheer us up if we’re 3-0 down at half time. Brilliant! 😂

Yeah hurdles!! From touchline to touchline hurdles to clear every 10 metres. Knockers bouncing up and down like a Benny Hill Show. That would cheer us up if we’re 3-0 down at half time. Brilliant! 😂
    There is no place for sexism on here but if this was brought in I would be pitchside to provide medical care

We are all in this together

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There is no place for sexism on here but if this was brought in I would be pitchside to provide medical care

We are all in this together
    Of course. I hear that athletics can do untold damage on a woman’s body. So I would offer gynaecology support as well, for health and safety reasons.

I am not qualified at all, but more than happy to take a good look for their peace of mind.

What are you saying you aren't entertained by the game where you need to roll the ball from the penalty area and it land precisely on the centre circle for a average family car for a year?

They have had some absolute dog shit games over the years but this one takes some beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What are you saying you aren't entertained by the game where you need to roll the ball from the penalty area and it land precisely on the centre circle for a average family car for a year?

They have had some absolute dog shit games over the years but this one takes some beating.
    Whoever designed that ought to be guillotined. Most boring game ever. About as appealing a pork schnizel in a mosque.

2 - definitely
    3 - definitely
    4 - nah
    5 - nah

1. It's a bit 1970s isn't it? Not very enlightened. The new york giants don't even have cheerleaders - they are far too modern and aware for that. Instead they have monkeys riding dogs. That is not a euphemism. So maybe we could have that. But if you were going to go "NSFW Benny Hill style" as you are suggesting: surely it would be home vs away?

Bulldogs. Home v away fans. 200 a side. No weapons.

An eavesdrop audio feed from the away changing room played to the whole stadium and concourses.

They could start by making the announcements understandable.

A race with someone from each stand - each game a random seat number is selected from each stand, they come down and race on the half way line from the Grandstand to the Ninian. Stand with most wins at the end of the season gets a discount voucher each for the club shop/ or a free pie

Shithousery encouraged https://youtube.com/shorts/JpKef-YED...mn8Jj1uyLUUinK

City being 3-0 up, then we could relax!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    City being 3-0 up, then we could relax!
    I'm never relaxed at 3 - 0 up.

Forever scarred by 0 - 4 at Peterborough - December 2009.

I want a minimum of 5 - 0 up to achieve a state of calm and chill!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Who remembers in the 60’s at Ninian Park, the people walking around the pitchside with trays of pasties and mars bars for sale
    And fans wearing rosettes rattling their rattles

There have been times when the 3.45 - 4.00pm slot has been the most entertaining part of the afternoon.

Otherwise, how about a plastic chair throwing competition between both sets of fans. Obviously we'd need a head start as English fans are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    And fans wearing rosettes rattling their rattles
    With their jackets & ties on.

A group therapy session.