+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading FC set to sell Bearwood their training ground, to Wycombe Wanderers

Reading FC set to sell Bearwood their training ground, to Wycombe Wanderers

What a sad state of affairs, really feel for Reading fans

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/n...mbe-wanderers/

Re: Reading FC set to sell Bearwood their training ground, to Wycombe Wanderers

Seems a little odd to do a sale and rent back deal with another football club who will no doubt have priority in any use of the facilities. Wycombe have been looking to expand or replace their current site so it makes a great deal of sense for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What a sad state of affairs, really feel for Reading fans

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/n...mbe-wanderers/
    When did Pearcey last post on here?

Good poster - hopefully back with us for the Wales games.

He must be beyond despair with his club.

another nail in the coffin

That Wycombe fans view is spot on, wouldnt it have been nice if the football world ( inc Wycombe ) said " we are not touching this, its wrong " then whats Dai going to sell ? he would have anything to sell as the players have gone, whats he going to do then, disappear ? ? walkaway and let the fans pick up the pieces ? ?

Football have really let reading down, the EFL have just stood on the sidelines watching and issueing points deductions

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He is absolutely spot on. Hope more people speak up, but it'll probably fizzle out into nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    another nail in the coffin

That Wycombe fans view is spot on, wouldnt it have been nice if the football world ( inc Wycombe ) said " we are not touching this, its wrong " then whats Dai going to sell ? he would have anything to sell as the players have gone, whats he going to do then, disappear ? ? walkaway and let the fans pick up the pieces ? ?

Football have really let reading down, the EFL have just stood on the sidelines watching and issueing points deductions
    Although another way of looking at it is they have thrown a lifeline to a neighbouring club in difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Although another way of looking at it is they have thrown a lifeline to a neighbouring club in difficulties.
    Different opinion, but that doesn't sit right.

I'm exhausted with it all. If this goes through we are dead. Yongge is a disgusting creature. He will pocket the money. No one will be interested in buying the club if it doesn't include rhe training ground. That's our prime asset.
    As a fanbase we feel its all over. I'm 60 next month and this has reduced me to tears. It's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Dai will just pocket the money, the club will look alot less appealing to any purchaser

Dai owns the Ground, Wycombe the training ground, the previous owners the land around the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm exhausted with it all. If this goes through we are dead. Yongge is a disgusting creature. He will pocket the money. No one will be interested in buying the club if it doesn't include rhe training ground. That's our prime asset.
    As a fanbase we feel its all over. I'm 60 next month and this has reduced me to tears. It's that bad.
    good luck

I know a ST holder ( his dad used to be a sponsor of the club during the Madejski era ) he feels exactly the same as you, he feels its over and its like watching something you love slowly Die

No football club fans should be let down this bad, the EFL have to look at themselves and ask why it happened

The whole thing stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Dai will just pocket the money, the club will look alot less appealing to any purchaser

Dai owns the Ground, Wycombe the training ground, the previous owners the land around the ground
    I don't see how he can "pocket the money" given that it is the football club that owned the training ground. It may mean he can put off providing any additional funding while (more importantly) helping them avoid further points deductions.

Sad state of affairs.

I thought naively, that they scrutinised club owners these days. How is this still happening. Wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The whole thing stinks.
    Yup! All clubs are vulnerable under the current corrupt EFL and the suits. Fans own nothing. We should all remember this. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been a supporter you are just a punter really.

Points deductions just punish the fans who’ve done nothing wrong. It’s why I don’t like seeing any club in that position or wish it on any club.

Really feel for you mate. Wish you all the best.

Bloody awful that the fans suffer while the owner, who has no historical or passionate feeling for the club, f*cks about with no regard whatsoever. He can walk away later not giving a shite. Horrible situation, sincerely hope it works out somehow

Reading's training ground is pretty new and looks great and is about 15 mins and just under 7 miles away.

It is also over 20 miles away from Wycombe's ground and nightmare of a drive.

This is pure nonsense for so many reasons.

Can't believe how poor old Reading have plumetted and know many ST holders.

Dreadful situation. Shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Bloody hell! Reading are ****ed!

I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone within the next few seasons.

Its frightening, really. Clubs are struggling financially and with that comes redundancies and people's livelihoods, so it's more than just a football team being in the shit.

A connected local business, owned by fans, has been loaning money for wages and offered bridging loans to stop the training ground sale. One of the main issues is the owner wanted £28m for the club then Wycombe owner offered £22m for the training ground alone so now the owner holding out for even more and his CEO is a clueless muppet

It also means their academy which I believe is still category 1 will fold almost instantly. Which for the club is a large revenue drop.

Feel sorry for you mate you have always been a decent poster on here.
    People with no real affinity to football clubs have absolutely no idea how these things can effect supporters.
    Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Here lies the crux of things...
    The majority of people who live life and celebrate precious things, will get trampled over by someone looking for a quick buck. The larger the stakes, "the Man" with the money will see an opportunity. This Man will say all the correct words to placate the concerned, and people will be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he sounds convincing and has a plan.

Then when things begin to go belly-up, the Man disappears along with the money he has made, on to his next project, but left behind is a hundred years of history.

I don't blame the Man, he is doing what he wants, the people who regulate these things are the people to blame, they present the opportunity for the Man.