Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post

2 Peter 3:3 "Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”
The above is one of the Biblical prophesies that has definitely come to pass!

I have refrained from entering into the “eclipses vs earthquakes” debate because to me it seems a pointless exercise really, as indeed does a lot of speculation about “signs” pointing to the end times.

The Bible is quite specific about the end times:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father”. (Matthew 24: 36).

The key question for all of us, especially Christians, is, are we ready at all times? Jesus went on to say:

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24: 42 – 44).

The events happening around the world are admittedly pretty scary (geopolitical turmoil, climate change, droughts, floods, earthquakes, wars etc) but it is not too difficult to imagine that things can get very much worse yet. How much worse will they have to get before Jesus returns – as above – who knows?!