+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

With just 8 months to go until the USA make a decision that could also impact NATO and the conflicts in the Middle East & Ukraine, the internet is red hot re the completion of an "X" drawn by two rare eclipses that have been seven years in the making, particularly with it's completion arriving in 2024, a critical time in American history.

As is always the case, there's a lot of drivel being shared on this too; yet is ALL of it froth? Or is this a warning that as this X marks at area known as "Little Egypt" - which is overdue a major seismic event and sits smack on top of the 'New Madrid Seismic Zone' - does this mean that the USA is due for more than just political world headlines in 2024?

pillar-of-enoch-ministry-blog-a-revelation-concerning-the-great-1-1024x702.jpg

Re: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

'As is always the case, there's a lot of drivel being shared on this too'

True, so true, so very truthpaste!

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    With just 8 months to go until the USA make a decision that could also impact NATO and the conflicts in the Middle East & Ukraine, the internet is red hot re the completion of an "X" drawn by two rare eclipses that have been seven years in the making, particularly with it's completion arriving in 2024, a critical time in American history.

As is always the case, there's a lot of drivel being shared on this too; yet is ALL of it froth? Or is this a warning that as this X marks at area known as "Little Egypt" - which is overdue a major seismic event and sits smack on top of the 'New Madrid Seismic Zone' - does this mean that the USA is due for more than just political world headlines in 2024?

no, no it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no, no it doesn't
    I'm not saying otherwise, however the outcome we would prefer isn't actually addressing the issue?
    So why do you say 'no' (?)

LOL

What's all this about?

In English? Or even Welsh, perhaps?

I think he's suggesting the end of the world is nigh because a total eclipse occurred on some fault line and it's about to happen again in exactly the same place. I mean, there's no other explanation for it, is there? We're all doomed (unless you believe in Jesus of course, then it's fine).

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What's all this about?

In English? Or even Welsh, perhaps?
    It's mainly about the intersection of the 2017 & 2024 total eclipses and any potential significance given the fact that it is in an area which is overdue a significant earthquake. That area is known as 'little egypt' and it's on the New Madrid Fault Line.

FYI - the 2017 eclipse was the first Eclipse to completely cross the States from coast to coast since they first came to be in 1776AD!

The Most Dangerous Fault Line in The United States
    The New Madrid Seismic Zone, sometimes called the New Madrid Fault Line, is a major seismic zone and a prolific source of intraplate earthquakes (earthquakes within a tectonic plate) in the southern and midwestern United States, stretching to the southwest from New Madrid, Missouri.

The New Madrid fault system was responsible for the 1811–12 New Madrid earthquakes and has the potential to produce large earthquakes in the future. Since 1812, frequent smaller earthquakes have been recorded in the area.

Earthquakes that occur in the New Madrid Seismic Zone potentially threaten parts of eight American states: Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Mississippi.

Definitely Thatchers fault

We have a replacement for Organ Morgan, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I think he's suggesting the end of the world is nigh because a total eclipse occurred on some fault line and it's about to happen again in exactly the same place. I mean, there's no other explanation for it, is there? We're all doomed (unless you believe in Jesus of course, then it's fine).
    Oh dear. I think this is another type of “Millennium Bug” situation. You know, “We’re all going to die / end of the planet” narrative. These people promoting this stuff remind me of the old geriatrics who used to roam the streets of Cardiff with “The End Of The World Is Nigh” placards hanging off their back. If it weren’t acid rain, it was warnings of aliens landing or nuclear wipeout. Something was going to kill humanity and they were certain of it, poor dabs. None of it happened. The only “end that was nigh” was their poor ageing spinal cord from carrying those things like Jesus Christ carrying the cross to his crucifixtion.

I remember working for a company around 1998-99, when armies of bearded looking hippies were being paid 400-600 a day to check a load of geek code in computer systems to make sure there was no gremlins. It was The Millenium Bug gory story. I’ll be damned if I understand the details as frankly the details would cure my insomnia, as anything to do with IT leaves me needing matchsticks between my eyelids to keep me awake. But needless to say, an estimated hundreds of millions were paid in fees to these previously-retired sandal-wearing keyboard-tappers in Europe and US to panic and fuss about it.

Midnight 2000 loomed. We all waited with baited breath to see if lights went out. Perhaps the party at the Millenium Dome would end as DJ systems shut down or lazer strobes died. Would Bank ATMs fail and could we get our money? Would tills still work at checkout - perhaps we couldn’t feed our kids. Nope. Nothing happened. Not a peep. Kids got their food. ATMs served cash. People danced and got pissed. The world survived. Nowt happened. It was the biggest let-down ever.

As always, someone got the Swag Bag, but by then they had long scarpered. A shit load of old COBOL programmers, who from what I could tell were previously struggling to pay for a decent jumper, now drove around in Ferraris and had 3 or 4 houses in Roath rented out. They did alright out of it. Create a panic story. Full media assault. Make people shit their drawers over a non event. Someone somewhere is having a Toffee Crisp and a full bank account. Mugs get mugged. Oldest playbook in town. Mugs still fall for it.

If this “New Real Madrid Seismic Zone” or whatever its called creates the disaster people say it will I’ll let an XL dog nosh my nuts live and post the link on here. But if I am correct the person recycling this nonsense gets my award for Numbskull Of The Year

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    An extremely rational response, but sadly typical.

Firstly nobody here, even me, has suggested any of those things.

Secondly as science is the go-to 'god' for the majority of people in South Wales, there's not even a consideration of the historical scientific data in that region.

Thirdly, and as it only requires a 15 second attention span, let's just scoff and get back to more serious matters, like Big Brother, sorted

So, what are you suggesting then?

An extremely rational response, but sadly typical.

Firstly nobody here, even me, has suggested any of those things.

Secondly as science is the go-to 'god' for the majority of people in South Wales, there's not even a consideration of the historical scientific data in that region.

Thirdly, and as it only requires a 15 second attention span, let's just scoff and get back to more serious matters, like Big Brother, sorted
    Is there a precedent for two solar eclipses a few years apart crossing over a fault line, and an earthquake occuring in the year of the second eclipse?

If so, put some money on it. Bookies will happily accept it.

If not, what is based on?

Dark clouds are gathering over Grangetown this morning too. Should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is there a precedent for two solar eclipses a few years apart crossing over a fault line, and an earthquake occuring in the year of the second eclipse?

If so, put some money on it. Bookies will happily accept it.

If not, what is based on?
    A bit like the guy who sells his house and puts all his money on the end of the world you mean?
    I think there may be a slight flaw in that limited material outlook on life.

On your first point, you are actually the first person to ask the correct questions:-

1. Is there an evidence that Solar eclipses have been married to noteable events on earth? (or to put it another way....)
    2. Is there a correlation between unusual solar eclipses and big changes to the country or area that is touched by the path of darkness?

A bit like the guy who sells his house and puts all his money on the end of the world you mean?
    I think there may be a slight flaw in that limited material outlook on life.

On your first point, you are actually the first person to ask the correct questions:-

1. Is there an evidence that Solar eclipses have been married to noteable events on earth? (or to put it another way....)
    2. Is there a correlation between unusual solar eclipses and big changes to the country or area that is touched by the path of darkness?
    Total Eclipse Cornwall 1999 nothing happen then.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Total Eclipse Cornwall 1999 nothing happen then.
    It just caught the edge of England, hardly comparable with a coast to coast event?
    Also the fact that we all remember 1999 as THE key UK Eclipse of our lifetime shows how rare they can be.

77.jpg

So, Truthpaste - are you going to enlighten us then or not?

It's brightened up now in Grangetown. We were all getting worried but it seemed they were just rain clouds and not some pre-apocalyptic event.

It just caught the edge of England, hardly comparable with a coast to coast event?
    Also the fact that we all remember 1999 as THE key UK Eclipse of our lifetime shows how rare they can be.

77.jpg
    Well it did go across a lot of Europe and in to Asia.

77.jpg
    Looks like a coast to coast event to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well it did go across a lot of Europe and in to Asia.
    Correct, it passed over Turkey on 11th August, then less than 1 week later this happened:-

17th Auhust 1999
    A 7.4-magnitude 1999 İzmit earthquake named earthquake strikes İzmit, Turkey, killing more than 17,000 and injuring 44,000.

Correct, it passed over Turkey on 11th August, then less than 1 week later this happened:-

17th Auhust 1999
    A 7.4-magnitude 1999 İzmit earthquake named earthquake strikes İzmit, Turkey, killing more than 17,000 and injuring 44,000.
    A crow landed on my mothers roof and she died a week later.
    Any thing can be linked to any time scale to suit.

17th Auhust 1999
    Any other examples to make this statistically significant?