+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post

2 Peter 3:3 "Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”
    The above is one of the Biblical prophesies that has definitely come to pass!

I have refrained from entering into the “eclipses vs earthquakes” debate because to me it seems a pointless exercise really, as indeed does a lot of speculation about “signs” pointing to the end times.

The Bible is quite specific about the end times:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father”. (Matthew 24: 36).

The key question for all of us, especially Christians, is, are we ready at all times? Jesus went on to say:

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24: 42 – 44).

The events happening around the world are admittedly pretty scary (geopolitical turmoil, climate change, droughts, floods, earthquakes, wars etc) but it is not too difficult to imagine that things can get very much worse yet. How much worse will they have to get before Jesus returns – as above – who knows?!

Re: Dark Clouds Gathering over America?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The above is one of the Biblical prophesies that has definitely come to pass!

I have refrained from entering into the “eclipses vs earthquakes” debate because to me it seems a pointless exercise really, as indeed does a lot of speculation about “signs” pointing to the end times.

The Bible is quite specific about the end times:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father”. (Matthew 24: 36).

The key question for all of us, especially Christians, is, are we ready at all times? Jesus went on to say:

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24: 42 – 44).

The events happening around the world are admittedly pretty scary (geopolitical turmoil, climate change, droughts, floods, earthquakes, wars etc) but it is not too difficult to imagine that things can get very much worse yet. How much worse will they have to get before Jesus returns – as above – who knows?!
    I agree, and Jesus introduced the image of childbirth in that same passage. My first grandson was due to be born just over ten years ago. His mother began feeling birthpains on the Friday. Nobody could say the day or the hour he would arrive, not even the midwife or the doctor. As it turned out he decided the weekend saw the UHW a little light on medics and so he arrived on the Monday.

So what do we take from Jesus words in Matthew 24:7-8 "Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come."

You see, we didn't know the actual day my grandson would arrive, but firstly we did know he was on the way, and the frequency and the intensity of those birth pains indicated how close the time for his arrival was.

Even people across the secular world have noticed that our planet is bursting in more and more natural disasters year on year, that humans are pressing the most dangerous 'buttons' in multiple locations across the world when it comes to war, and with the world gradually focusing their anger on Israel we have the required scenary for Psalm 83 & Ezekiel 38.

Yes it could still get worse, but bibiblically speaking at this juncture, it doesn't need to