+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Life’s Lessons: What have you learned, and would pass on to youngsters?

Life’s Lessons: What have you learned, and would pass on to youngsters?

Not my idea. More Tuerto’s. A lot of middle aged and oldies here that have good and bad experiences, with lessons learned to pass on. Imagine when you were 18-25: what do you wish you had known? Feel free to essay here. It can be on any topic.

Hopefully someone can learn from them mistakes, avoid them, or take positive tips and lead a happier life. Make a positive difference!

Good shout, Tuerto 👍👏

International

Re: Life’s Lessons: What have you learned, and would pass on to youngsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Not my idea. More Tuerto’s. A lot of middle aged and oldies here that have good and bad experiences, with lessons learned to pass on. Imagine when you were 18-25: what do you wish you had known? Feel free to essay here. It can be on any topic.

Hopefully someone can learn from them mistakes, avoid them, or take positive tips and lead a happier life. Make a positive difference!

Good shout, Tuerto ����
    Don't flounce off message boards, as everyone takes the p!ss and you have to read it but are unable to reply

International

That making mistakes is ok, and you'll make plenty more of them in life, so don't dwell on them, learn from them.

It's not a race. If you haven't got a Uni degree by your early 20s, a high flying job by your mid 20s and your life in order by the time you reach 30 that is completely normal. Even at 30 you've got time to do something with your life, you've got over half of it left to live.

Don't compare yourself to others, in work, or your personal life, most people only tell/show you what they want you to see and how they want you to perceive their life.

You can't chose family, don't be afraid to cut ANYONE off if its for the best.

You'll have multiple different friend groups as you go through the ages, you won't keep in contact with them all, but look after the ones you do, even if you only speak every few years!

Don't reply seriously on a MB because someone will always get in there first and ruin the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    It's not a race. If you haven't got a Uni degree by your early 20s, a high flying job by your mid 20s and your life in order by the time you reach 30 that is completely normal. Even at 30 you've got time to do something with your life, you've got over half of it left to live.
    I usually refrain from comments other than match-day.....but would just wish to agree with the above. Left school at 16 a few 'O' levels including Scripture and 'special arithmetic..' Had a decent job soon after ...BUT changed career when I was 30...started from scratch in the IT industry.....eventually a Director with software company in London working with major supermarkets and banks.

Good shout, Tuerto 👍👏
    Isn't the standard answer here: 'to buy shares in Amazon/Microsoft etc.' ?

International

Two pieces of advice;

1, An old Yorkshire one 'Drink all and pay nowt, hear all and say nowt, and if tha does owt for nowt do it for the sen.'

2. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Never interrupt your enemy when he is doing something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Two pieces of advice;

1, An old Yorkshire one 'Drink all and pay nowt, hear all and say nowt, and if tha does owt for nowt do it for the sen.'

2. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Never interrupt your enemy when he is doing something stupid.
    Bloody hell I got the jist of some of it, but that must be a mix of Viking or Danish. Luckily I found a translation!

'Ear all, see all, say nowt; Eat all, sup all, pay nowt; And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt – Allus do it fer thissen.

Translation: 'Hear all, see all, say nothing; Eat all, drink all, pay nothing; And if ever you do anything for nothing – always do it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Two pieces of advice;

wisdom.jpg

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Don’t wear your daps when it’s raining

Make the most of what you’ve got, while you can because nobody knows what’s around the corner. Also, there’s no such thing as an ordinary person, we’re all special in different ways and getting through life is an outstanding achievement.

Never eat anything bigger than your head.

International

Bloody hell I got the jist of some of it, but that must be a mix of Viking or Danish. Luckily I found a translation!

'Ear all, see all, say nowt; Eat all, sup all, pay nowt; And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt – Allus do it fer thissen.

Translation: 'Hear all, see all, say nothing; Eat all, drink all, pay nothing; And if ever you do anything for nothing – always do it for yourself.
    I thought that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I usually refrain from comments other than match-day.....but would just wish to agree with the above. Left school at 16 a few 'O' levels including Scripture and 'special arithmetic..' Had a decent job soon after ...BUT changed career when I was 30...started from scratch in the IT industry.....eventually a Director with software company in London working with major supermarkets and banks.
    I was 28 when I retrained and stopped bumming about going dead end job to dead end job. Doing rather well in my new line of work and ive worked/trained my way up nicely. I had a considerable period in between where I wasn't exactly taking it seriously as well, needed to sort my life out outside of work which ive now done.

I'd say it's reasonable to retrain at 40 and make a good go of things.

Good shout, Tuerto 👍👏
    Always get the best brief you can afford

Be nice to people.

Take better care of your records (or vinyl as youngsters prefer to call them)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Never eat anything bigger than your head.
    Party hard.

Work less.

Work hard
    Play even harder
    Never take your friends for granted
    Family comes first
    One crack at life live it the best you can
    Help people less fortunate than yourself.