+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

https://apple.news/AQktp2cxNTzKrLAfaGSZOOg

Sainsbury’s suffers major meltdown across UK leaving frustrated customers without deliveries & unable to pay with cards
    Customers raged online as trolleys were seen abandoned and shoppers queued for ATMs
    SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury’s is suffering from a tech meltdown leaving customers furious and venting online.
    Shoppers can’t pay with cards in-store leading to them dumping trolleys and lining up for ATMs outside stores.

The supermarket chain is also unable to fulfil online deliveries cancelling thousands of orders that should have been sent to homes today.
    Customers were furious online and vented on X, formerly Twitter, at the supermarket.
    One said: “No one told us till we got to tills. noone told us about it..only had fiver on me.. unfortunately mobile phones don’t give out cash.”
    Another said: “Proactively contacting customers?? Sat on hold for over an hour to find out what’s happening with my order, no hold music so not even sure sat in a queue.”
    While a third posted: “You have made an enemy in me today.”
    Sainsbury’s said the supermarket was having issues with contactless payments due to an overnight software update.
    A spokesperson said: “All of our stores are open as usual today, accepting chip and pin and cash payments.
    “Unfortunately, this also means we will not be able to deliver the vast majority of today’s Groceries Online orders and we are currently unable to contact customers directly, but will contact them as soon as we can to rebook orders.
    “We apologise to customers for the inconvenience and are working hard to fix the issue.”
    One shopper queried the supermarket on X asking if their personal data was safe.
    Sainsbury’s replied: “Your details will still be safe and secure even with the issues going on.”

Re: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

All orders placed for Saturday will now be cancelled and the supermarket said payment would not be taken from cards, the company said on X.
    Sainsbury’s has also advised shoppers to place new orders on Monday, but has not spoken to refunds or re-deliveries.
    Pimlico Sainsbury’s had yellow warning tape around the SmartShop stall on Saturday morning.
    A note stuck to the tape told staff the store was cash payment only.
    It read: “We apologise, we’re currently unable to accept contactless or card payments.
    “We’re working to resolve this issue.
    “Please pay using cash. Thank you.”

LMFAO..anyone who uses a card to pay for every day items is mad! Use it or lose it. CASH IS KING!!

Did a lot of IT work on Sainsbury systems way back in the 1990's.....seems like they are blaming a software update last night...bloody hell...who authorised that the night before the busiest day of the week??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    LMFAO..anyone who uses a card to pay for every day items is mad! Use it or lose it. CASH IS KING!!
    oh yes very crazy to use a card to pay for groceries. Btw i use my phone for contactless and never had a problem since i started when it came out. That must really anger you

that satisfaction from just tapping my phone on their card holder..oo i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    oh yes very crazy to use a card to pay for groceries. Btw i use my phone for contactless and never had a problem since i started when it came out. That must really anger you nt

Lol, it takes a lot more than someone using their phone for contactless. However, I do feel it is foolhardy as it leads to more and more banks closing down, the government to be able to snoop and view your bank account to see what you have spend your hard earned cash on. Something the useless feckwits will be doing more and more over the years. Aslo there is the problem when the internet fails or goes down...

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    oh yes very crazy to use a card to pay for groceries. Btw i use my phone for contactless and never had a problem since i started when it came out. That must really anger you

Something I actually agree with you on lol.

I do keep a pound now for trolly. Younger people in work go out now with no wallet and purse.

What if you lose your phone? Or if you rely on cards, lose your wallet? Lose your wallet with just notes in it, it’s a sickener but much less of a headache. Cash every time for me.

Don't use cash any more

Another thing about new technology is that kids aren’t able to add up, subtract or tell the time from a clock or watch. Pretty sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Another thing about new technology is that kids aren’t able to add up, subtract or tell the time from a clock or watch. Pretty sad really.
    Indeed..I agree.....I still make my two young sons learn their times table.....read a non digital clock etc..>!!!.

Lose cash, you lose your independence. We've been sleepwalking into a disaster waiting to happen for years now. No internet. F*cked. No electrical power. F*cked. Everyone using Smart Phones with no idea how Smart Phones work. Crazy world. What could possibly go wrong?

Welcome to the Brave New World. Dear old McDonalds had a worldwide shutdown yesterday also.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Lose cash, you lose your independence. We've been sleepwalking into a disaster waiting to happen for years now. No internet. F*cked. No electrical power. F*cked. Everyone using Smart Phones with no idea how Smart Phones work. Crazy world. What could possibly go wrong?
    Imagine the chaos (anarchy) if a hostile state hacked all our supermarkets simultaneously!

Why are all these right wing conspiracies coming true?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...tm_source=push

Tesco down also. This calls for some panic buying I feel.........

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Imagine the chaos (anarchy) if a hostile state hacked all our supermarkets simultaneously!
    Yup!

We're fine in Grangetown. We've still got some open-all-hours corner shops (they even still sell blu-tack). Get yerself a good mattress and stuff some reserves under that.

How do we know they're not already?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    How do we know they're not already?
    That's a brave statement. Sounds like a conspiracy theory

Here are some quotes from the BBC report on what's been happening:

At the Sainsbury's store in Beeston, Nottinghamshire, the in-store bakery produced bread as normal, but the store has been unable to sell it as the technical issues prevented labels from being printed.

Connor Hassan, 25, a tourist from New Zealand, was turned away from the branch because he did not have cash. Frustrated, he said: "I just want to buy food right. Maybe it's just my generation but whenever someone only takes cash it feels seedy, like why can't you take card. "If no one took card I couldn't eat today." [a classic this one!]

Another customer tweeted: "Avoid Sainsbury's at Pepper Hill. The shop is in absolute chaos, cash only, no contactless, chip and pin intermittent, no self-checkout without cash, cash machines not working, horrendous queues at checkout."

That's a brave statement. Sounds like a conspiracy theory

Here are some quotes from the BBC report on what's been happening:

At the Sainsbury's store in Beeston, Nottinghamshire, the in-store bakery produced bread as normal, but the store has been unable to sell it as the technical issues prevented labels from being printed.

Connor Hassan, 25, a tourist from New Zealand, was turned away from the branch because he did not have cash. Frustrated, he said: "I just want to buy food right. Maybe it's just my generation but whenever someone only takes cash it feels seedy, like why can't you take card. "If no one took card I couldn't eat today." [a classic this one!]

Another customer tweeted: "Avoid Sainsbury's at Pepper Hill. The shop is in absolute chaos, cash only, no contactless, chip and pin intermittent, no self-checkout without cash, cash machines not working, horrendous queues at checkout."
    That's scary. To hear those comments. This has happened very quickly too. The misinformation about 'notes' being dirty and spreading Covid was unhelpful (but deliberate IMO). The dependence on a phone and one system for all transactions will be cited by historians in the future as the reason our civilisation collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I had to set up the email on my manager's phone the other week. It works both ways.

There's plenty of posters on here who can't add up or spell, so I wouldn't say that's limited to young people either! Young people have it harder than ever, how about we cut them some slack?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I had to set up the email on my manager's phone the other week. It works both ways.

There's plenty of posters on here who can't add up or spell, so I wouldn't say that's limited to young people either! Young people have it harder than ever, how about we cut them some slack?!
    Maybe the posters on here with poor arithmetic skills aren’t’ working behind a counter. Bar and shop staff seem to prefer customers tapping a card or a phone rather than having to work out how much change to give out of a tenner. As I say, it’s quite sad, simple maths is a thing that every person should be capable of. We’re heading for a world with a majority of unfortunates who’ve been press ganged into relying totally on technology for the simplest of things. It isn’t a good thing, the human brain needs constant activity not beep, beep, beep otherwise we’re f*cked.
    It seems crackers to my generation that the teacher is ridiculed for doing his/her job, ie correcting wrong spelling or maths. Or is it that mythical ‘those in power’ are quite happy to lord it over nations of thickos? Perhaps, not so mythical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

You're right, but in the sense that through no fault of their own - this is what they have been born into and growing up with. I suspect if this technology had been around when I was a teenager in the sixties I would have been in the same position. I grew up using mental arithmetic wherever possible (which I still do) and log tables and a slide rule where not!

I probably won't be around much longer but I do worry for the future for my grandchildren in our "Brave New World".

You're right, but in the sense that through no fault of their own - this is what they have been born into and growing up with. I suspect if this technology had been around when I was a teenager in the sixties I would have been in the same position. I grew up using mental arithmetic wherever possible (which I still do) and log tables and a slide rule where not!

I probably won't be around much longer but I do worry for the future for my grandchildren in our "Brave New World".
    Using mental arithmetic was the norm for all walks of life until the tap, beep, beep revolution. The old barmaids were a prime example, Christ, they’d be able to serve about four punters at once, with the four pints in different stages of ‘fullness’, whilst taking the money and working out four different amounts of change, remarkable skill really. Also, off point, they knew who was next to be served, solving the argument their side of the bar. It’s shite knowing your turn and some ignorant bugger muscles in before you and the bar person serves them through not having a clue how to ‘work the bar.

I haven't used the Internet for a few years now. Don't regret it.