Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
That's a brave statement. Sounds like a conspiracy theory

Here are some quotes from the BBC report on what's been happening:

At the Sainsbury's store in Beeston, Nottinghamshire, the in-store bakery produced bread as normal, but the store has been unable to sell it as the technical issues prevented labels from being printed.

Connor Hassan, 25, a tourist from New Zealand, was turned away from the branch because he did not have cash. Frustrated, he said: "I just want to buy food right. Maybe it's just my generation but whenever someone only takes cash it feels seedy, like why can't you take card. "If no one took card I couldn't eat today." [a classic this one!]

Another customer tweeted: "Avoid Sainsbury's at Pepper Hill. The shop is in absolute chaos, cash only, no contactless, chip and pin intermittent, no self-checkout without cash, cash machines not working, horrendous queues at checkout."
That's scary. To hear those comments. This has happened very quickly too. The misinformation about 'notes' being dirty and spreading Covid was unhelpful (but deliberate IMO). The dependence on a phone and one system for all transactions will be cited by historians in the future as the reason our civilisation collapsed.