https://apple.news/AQktp2cxNTzKrLAfaGSZOOg

Sainsbury’s suffers major meltdown across UK leaving frustrated customers without deliveries & unable to pay with cards
Customers raged online as trolleys were seen abandoned and shoppers queued for ATMs
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury’s is suffering from a tech meltdown leaving customers furious and venting online.
Shoppers can’t pay with cards in-store leading to them dumping trolleys and lining up for ATMs outside stores.

The supermarket chain is also unable to fulfil online deliveries cancelling thousands of orders that should have been sent to homes today.
Customers were furious online and vented on X, formerly Twitter, at the supermarket.
One said: “No one told us till we got to tills. noone told us about it..only had fiver on me.. unfortunately mobile phones don’t give out cash.”
Another said: “Proactively contacting customers?? Sat on hold for over an hour to find out what’s happening with my order, no hold music so not even sure sat in a queue.”
While a third posted: “You have made an enemy in me today.”
Sainsbury’s said the supermarket was having issues with contactless payments due to an overnight software update.
A spokesperson said: “All of our stores are open as usual today, accepting chip and pin and cash payments.
“Unfortunately, this also means we will not be able to deliver the vast majority of today’s Groceries Online orders and we are currently unable to contact customers directly, but will contact them as soon as we can to rebook orders.
“We apologise to customers for the inconvenience and are working hard to fix the issue.”
One shopper queried the supermarket on X asking if their personal data was safe.
Sainsbury’s replied: “Your details will still be safe and secure even with the issues going on.”