Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
I had to set up the email on my manager's phone the other week. It works both ways.

There's plenty of posters on here who can't add up or spell, so I wouldn't say that's limited to young people either! Young people have it harder than ever, how about we cut them some slack?!
Maybe the posters on here with poor arithmetic skills aren’t’ working behind a counter. Bar and shop staff seem to prefer customers tapping a card or a phone rather than having to work out how much change to give out of a tenner. As I say, it’s quite sad, simple maths is a thing that every person should be capable of. We’re heading for a world with a majority of unfortunates who’ve been press ganged into relying totally on technology for the simplest of things. It isn’t a good thing, the human brain needs constant activity not beep, beep, beep otherwise we’re f*cked.
It seems crackers to my generation that the teacher is ridiculed for doing his/her job, ie correcting wrong spelling or maths. Or is it that mythical ‘those in power’ are quite happy to lord it over nations of thickos? Perhaps, not so mythical.