+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CASH IS KING !!!!!! Confirmed

I haven't used the Internet for a few years now. Don't regret it.

I rarely take cash out, having a bulgy wallet in the same pocket as my keys after not carrying one the majority of the time just feels like an inconvenience now. I had 2 sets of keys and my car keys on me yesterday and decided to take my wallet with me as id been paid back cash by one of my mates (that I transferred to) and the wallet is one of them small ones that's basically a card holder with a money clip and an apple Airtag on it.. and it just annoyed me all day. Was handy at 23.40 to get grub from the kebab shop..

I worked a bar 20 years ago, was east to work out the drinks and stuff and id have it sorted in my head as I poured the order, but even then shit tills back then had the prices on and gave you the change due once you'd bashed it all in, also like to add it was easier to get change from the bank than it was 5 pound notes, so all the old fellas standing there with their £10.60 to get a fiver change weren't always doing the place a favour, as when you ran out of fivers you'd have to use the change anyway (where I worked and many other pubs in the area said the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I rarely take cash out, having a bulgy wallet in the same pocket as my keys after not carrying one the majority of the time just feels like an inconvenience now. I had 2 sets of keys and my car keys on me yesterday and decided to take my wallet with me as id been paid back cash by one of my mates (that I transferred to) and the wallet is one of them small ones that's basically a card holder with a money clip and an apple Airtag on it.. and it just annoyed me all day. Was handy at 23.40 to get grub from the kebab shop..

I worked a bar 20 years ago, was east to work out the drinks and stuff and id have it sorted in my head as I poured the order, but even then shit tills back then had the prices on and gave you the change due once you'd bashed it all in, also like to add it was easier to get change from the bank than it was 5 pound notes, so all the old fellas standing there with their £10.60 to get a fiver change weren't always doing the place a favour, as when you ran out of fivers you'd have to use the change anyway (where I worked and many other pubs in the area said the same)
    Who the f uck takes keys out with them, when they’re going out on the piss ????

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Who was going out on the piss Tone? I was at work yesterday.

How do you get back in your house? Don’t tell me people have got card entry systems on their front door now

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How do you get back in your house? Don’t tell me people have got card entry systems on their front door now

It’s a magic key, called a wife

I've got a few mates with them key safe boxes. Was in absolute hysterics one night watching one of them try to get in, I'd seen him failing to walk home and basically spun the van around early hours on a Sunday morning after I'd gotten an early dart from work..so I gave him a lift to his house (in the right direction) I stopped in the street and stayed sat in the van to make sure he got in alright, he stood there for 5 minutes repeating the code over and over looking bemused as to why it wasn't working, I eventually got out and tried and also failed but he's shouting this pin out rather loud as he thinks hrs whispering to me, after a while I put him back in the van and dropped him to his parents house 10 mins away.

Why anyone wouldn't carry a key is beyond me. My other mate who has one of them boxes has had to climb in through an open window multiple times after forgetting his code. It's the same as his PIN code on his phone, which he manages to unlock to phone multiple people to day he is locked out and can't get in, neighbours love him.

Cash is definitely “King” if you want to avoid paying tax on any income you might receive….just saying.

Sainsbury’s…online payments have one bad day and the grey posters overload the internet everywhere shock

I’d understand as father Dougal alluded to if they voiced it in the pub

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Sainsbury’s…online payments have one bad day and the grey posters overload the internet everywhere shock

I’d understand as father Dougal alluded to if they voiced it in the pub
    I thought you were up for the 99p coin the other day. Splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I thought you were up for the 99p coin the other day. Splitter.
    I’m still on board with the 99p coin!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Cash is definitely “King” if you want to avoid paying tax on any income you might receive….just saying.
    I don’t think tax ‘avoiding’ billionaires have wads of cash under the bed, in sock drawers etc. They’re the big time tax avoiders, all it seems, with the government’s blessing.

The ‘normal’ person using cash trains them to be sensible with their finances. If you go out with £100 and your taxi home is £20, once you’ve spent £80 it’s good night, God bless. Card users can carry on beeping their card regardless. I fear for some people who are being suckered into debt. I doubt they know how much they’re spending……until the worrying letters from their bank start arriving. They end up captured by the system. Overdrafts, credit cards etc, while helping some, can be a financial disaster for many.

Oh and as long as you change up under £900 for foreign currency they dont ask for your name or ID ( by all accounts )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oh and as long as you change up under £900 for foreign currency they dont ask for your name or ID ( by all accounts )
    They don't.

so far every person ive met that is passionately for cash and aggressively opposed to anything else seems to fall into this category...just saying :)

i just enjoy flashing my plastic to these individuals

i take similar pleasures with the covid conspiracy theory jokers..they are potentially more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    so far every person ive met that is passionately for cash and aggressively opposed to anything else seems to fall into this category...just saying :)

i take similar pleasures with the covid conspiracy theory jokers..they are potentially more fun
    It’s not that we’re passionate for cash, we’re passionate for choice, places should be neither all card or all cash.

It’s not that we’re passionate for cash, we’re passionate for choice, places should be neither all card or all cash.
    Nail on the head. People already falling for the 'it's to avoid tax' line spouted by our paymasters. Bollox. It's about control. But f*ck it. Let's get chipped eh?

... But f*ck it. Let's get chipped eh?
    lol you are very much in the bellend group i mentioned above..oh wait..i guess im a sheep that cant stand for my own values right? i guess my opinion suddenly doesnt matter too right? lol..the hypocrisy - comedy at its finest

International

Nail on the head. People already falling for the 'it's to avoid tax' line spouted by our paymasters. Bollox. It's about control. But f*ck it. Let's get chipped eh?
    It's true though, we need to keep cash to pay less for builders ad tradesmen it keeps costs down for everyone.

or its both

fair enough. That means you dont stand in the group i outlined as "passionate for cash and aggressively opposed to anything else". Of which there are some bellends in my outer circles

International

Anti vaxers were usually, anti global warming measures, anti any form of ID cards, pro cash, and belive in that Davos stuff.

Can you use card to pay on away day coaches ? ….Just asking.

Can you use card to pay on away day coaches ? ….Just asking.
    NO

NO
    Too early on a Sunday morning for SHOUTING Tony.