+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "It's their cup final"

"It's their cup final"

Well, just for once, I'd like to see my team show the desire, bravery and determination you get from a team that wants to win a cup final.

Also...

We've heard it said many times that we have no system and today showed that very starkly. Swansea are already adopting a style of play, after only a handful of games under this manager.

Re: "It's their cup final"

Rightly or wrongly man for man, woman for woman or whatever in between they are just invested in it more. You see it with every player that scores doing the swim away.

Tbf I thought we did very well in the home match but today was the polar opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp White Lines View Post
    Well, just for once, I'd like to see my team show the desire, bravery and determination you get from a team that wants to win a cup final.

Also...

We've heard it said many times that we have no system and today showed that very starkly. Swansea are already adopting a style of play, after only a handful of games under this manager.
    We’ve got a style of play, albeit it’s one that at least three of our last six managers have tried to wean us off. The Sky commentators were saying that Bulut tried to implement more of a passing game, but was forced to give up(like Neil Harris and Steve Morison before him - my guess is Lamouchi would have wanted to change things if he stayed) because the players were unable to play as he wanted. What I’d like to know is does it really take other teams four years, and counting, to change from a direct approach to a passing one?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Rightly or wrongly man for man, woman for woman or whatever in between they are just invested in it more. You see it with every player that scores doing the swim away.

Tbf I thought we did very well in the home match but today was the polar opposite.
    It was, but whereas we were marginally the better side at home and deserved the win, today Swansea battered us us from the first minute to the last and could have scored 4 or 5. Any credit Bulut retains from beating the jacks at home has disappeared after that shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp White Lines View Post

Also...

That’s the best they’ve played at home all season I hear, not surprising….theyve had no style and were awful at Bristol last week. There for the taking, but out manager is too inept to tap into that weakness. Starts with the wrong team, again. Gave them belief and they took it

Their celebration of cooper winning a late free kick tells you all you need to know. Made arsenal celebrations seem mild.

They were "up for it\2 - we weren't.

The South Wales derby has always meant more to our West Walian cousins. They enjoy hating Cardiff more than the enjoy supporting their own club. That mentality feeds into their players. It’s part of their culture. Gotta feel sorry for them, really.

Thank god we are safe this season

Because if that had been a relegation 6 pointer it could have sent us on our way

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    It was, but whereas we were marginally the better side at home and deserved the win, today Swansea battered us us from the first minute to the last and could have scored 4 or 5. Any credit Bulut retains from beating the jacks at home has disappeared after that shambles.
    Should have been 4 nil

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’ve got a style of play, albeit it’s one that at least three of our last six managers have tried to wean us off. The Sky commentators were saying that Bulut tried to implement more of a passing game, but was forced to give up(like Neil Harris and Steve Morison before him - my guess is Lamouchi would have wanted to change things if he stayed) because the players were unable to play as he wanted. What I’d like to know is does it really take other teams four years, and counting, to change from a direct approach to a passing one?
    We play like the Turkish fans said we would under Bulut. This is his style of play. He's signed lots of players on big money like Siopis, and has renewed players like Wintle and Ralls who apparently are part of the issue. I could accept this style of play if we played it aggressively and on the front foot but for the most part, it is God awful.

Two things stick in my mind - the most mind-numbingly ridiculous kickoff (just ballooned aimlessly into the air!) which set the tone, and the lack of desire to attempt any kind of press. The Swansea 'keeper will never have it so easy, he just stood there with the ball at his feet, casually rolling his boot over the top of the ball whilst picking his options for an outlet (there were many because we weren't closing down their defenders).

What do they practice in training?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We play like the Turkish fans said we would under Bulut. This is his style of play. He's signed lots of players on big money like Siopis, and has renewed players like Wintle and Ralls who apparently are part of the issue. I could accept this style of play if we played it aggressively and on the front foot but for the most part, it is God awful.
    I mentioned a few weeks ago that I read that Bulut was a defensive, counter attacking manager a day or two after we appointed him and it kind of set alarm bells ringing. I speculated that this may have had something to do with why he left Fenerbache so soon - given that clubs standing in the Turkish game, his approach was akin to Celtic or Rangers going to a place like Ross County hoping to nick a 1-0 win on the break.

I’m pleased that Bulut is less into long ball football than many of our recent managers, but the point I was making in my post was that the Sky commentators were right to say that he has had to adjust his approach somewhat because he has a squad that’s not best suited to playing more of a passing game. This is exactly what was being said about Neil Harris’ attempt to play more football and during Steve Morison’s first season, but that was four and three years ago respectively - apart from Joe Ralls I think, our squad is completely different from the one Harris had and yet the same problem exists, why?

It was Tuerto who first mentioned that even if Bulut has a lot of money to spend in the summer he would use it to bring in slightly better versions of the same sort of players we have now - no one on here can say for sure he was right in that view, but I strongly suspect he is. You mention Siopis - at his best, he’s a bit of an upgrade on Ralls and Wintle, but I often wonder why we signed because, essentially, he’s just more of the same. Yesterday, Siopis reminded me of Will Vaulks on a bad day - always arriving where he should be slightly too late to have any influence on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I mentioned a few weeks ago that I read that Bulut was a defensive, counter attacking manager a day or two after we appointed him and it kind of set alarm bells ringing. I speculated that this may have had something to do with why he left Fenerbache so soon - given that clubs standing in the Turkish game, his approach was akin to Celtic or Rangers going to a place like Ross County hoping to nick a 1-0 win on the break.

I’m pleased that Bulut is less into long ball football than many of our recent managers, but the point I was making in my post was that the Sky commentators were right to say that he has had to adjust his approach somewhat because he has a squad that’s not best suited to playing more of a passing game. This is exactly what was being said about Neil Harris’ attempt to play more football and during Steve Morison’s first season, but that was four and three years ago respectively - apart from Joe Ralls I think, our squad is completely different from the one Harris had and yet the same problem exists, why?

It was Tuerto who first mentioned that even if Bulut has a lot of money to spend in the summer he would use it to bring in slightly better versions of the same sort of players we have now - no one on here can say for sure he was right in that view, but I strongly suspect he is. You mention Siopis - at his best, he’s a bit of an upgrade on Ralls and Wintle, but I often wonder why we signed because, essentially, he’s just more of the same. Yesterday, Siopis reminded me of Will Vaulks on a bad day - always arriving where he should be slightly too late to have any influence on the game.
    I completely agree with what you’ve said. Siopis is a luxury we didn’t need, and I don’t think he’s that much of a luxury as he isn’t that good in truth.

I think this is what he wants us to be set up like, and like Tuerto says, he’s just going to try to get similar players to what he’s got. I know I keep banging on about it but if Bulut can’t develop what he’s got, then he shouldn’t be here. Swansea buy and improve player, you’re going to have to get extremely lucky to find players that you can flip without turning a profit.

Re the players, I hope Bowler’s played his last game. Ashford is waiting, as is Tanner. Let’s give those two a run. We might as well see what we’ve got.

International

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    The two games were similar, we were a fair bt better in the first game, and they were a fair bit better in the second.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thank god we are safe this season

Because if that had been a relegation 6 pointer it could have sent us on our way
    If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle, what a load of nonsense, they've struggled all season and raised their game because they hate us more than we dislike them, and the celebrations were ridiculous.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I completely agree with what you’ve said. Siopis is a luxury we didn’t need, and I don’t think he’s that much of a luxury as he isn’t that good in truth.

I think this is what he wants us to be set up like, and like Tuerto says, he’s just going to try to get similar players to what he’s got. I know I keep banging on about it but if Bulut can’t develop what he’s got, then he shouldn’t be here. Swansea buy and improve player, you’re going to have to get extremely lucky to find players that you can flip without turning a profit.

Re the players, I hope Bowler’s played his last game. Ashford is waiting, as is Tanner. Let’s give those two a run. We might as well see what we’ve got.
    The players let us down, they were all bad even NG had a bad game, which is rare for him.