+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Ratings according to WOL

Re: Player Ratings according to WOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Colwill wants to add to his game then i reckon that he should **** off somwhere else, even if it's a 'Backward' step.
    This won't be popular....but leaving CCFC is probably a forward step for any of our players atm. Especially attacking forwards. It's a graveyard.

If Colwill wants to add to his game then i reckon that he should **** off somwhere else, even if it's a 'Backward' step.
    To be fair, Colwill has definitely improved defensively his season, his general awareness and decision making is better as well

Although it is rather telling of our manager's priorities that he's focused on improving an attackers defending

Turnbull is a good player

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair, Colwill has definitely improved defensively his season, his general awareness and decision making is better as well

Although it is rather telling of our manager's priorities that he's focused on improving an attackers defending
    I agree, but imo it’s what he needed. For me I never seen the the fuss for him that other did although clearly had talent. I think Bulut has improved him or he has improved massively this season. He looks a much more rounded player although still plenty to do. I think he did well recently starting and shame he picked up a knock.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

He has, although it looks so forced. Not his fault by the way. And he has stamina issues, not surprising with his shape and style. I think it's quite simple really. He needs to be that good in the final third that all the other stuff (His weaknesses) become a by product, his ability and contributions forces the manager to let him play his game, because he's making things happen and winning games for us. He's not doing that, and until he does managers wont allow him that luxury, and it is a luxury, and a player has to be really good to get away with the dirty stuff. Although i don't think that Bulut would allow Messi a minutes peace and he'd have Pirlo chasing lost causes, so what chance Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I agree, but imo it’s what he needed. For me I never seen the the fuss for him that other did although clearly had talent. I think Bulut has improved him or he has improved massively this season. He looks a much more rounded player although still plenty to do. I think he did well recently starting and shame he picked up a knock.
    I don't agree, it detracts from what he is good at. He's just not good enough at what he's good at, at the moment to get away with it.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Swansea City (seriously), would be an excellent option to further his career if Bulut or the next manager refuses to believe in his undoubted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think you're being a bit harsh on Turnbull. The whole team is sh*t and he's under a new manager, club, and has Wintle alongside him.

There was a better performance from Turnbull against Ipswich. He can't be too much of a wimp having played for Celtic and he looked like a footballer.

Throw us a few crumbs after yesterday Pedro. It's still raw mate!
    Turnbull is a quality player

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Turnbull is another casualty of Buluts misplacement ideas. Yes he can attack the box but not from so high up..clearly needs to sit deeper to be more effective. When he does get onto the ball he seldom loses it, he turns and goes forward even when its risky and he has played some tidy forward passes.

so yeah id say turnbull could fit in nicely alongside Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Hovarth was not a five, made a mistake with the kick out but made few saves and put Cullen off for the penalty by kicking the posts making him wait, jumping up and down and hitting the bar, I could see Cullen was bottling it, hard to argue with the rest.

That was the same team that played well against Ipswich?

They should be ashamed they let themselves, Bulut, and the fans down.
    Horvarth dived the wrong way for the penalty, the miss was all down to Cullen - I thought, besides his poor kicking, Horvarth showed his nerves by the way he sometimes didn’t catch what should have been routine balls cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think he’s reaching the stage now where he might want to start showing us that quality once or twice.

He has, although it looks so forced. Not his fault by the way. And he has stamina issues, not surprising with his shape and style. I think it's quite simple really. He needs to be that good in the final third that all the other stuff (His weaknesses) become a by product, his ability and contributions forces the manager to let him play his game, because he's making things happen and winning games for us. He's not doing that, and until he does managers wont allow him that luxury, and it is a luxury, and a player has to be really good to get away with the dirty stuff. Although i don't think that Bulut would allow Messi a minutes peace and he'd have Pirlo chasing lost causes, so what chance Colwill.
    Isn’t that part of City’s problem for the last few years though - creativity seen as a “luxury”, not a necessity?