+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kortrijk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kortrijk

This has the Belgian league above The Championship

https://www.teamform.com/en/league-ranking/world

Although last season with a different website ranks championship higher https://www.globalfootballrankings.com

the quality can't be as bad as some on here are saying. On the second website you can directly compare both leagues an it ranks the teams from both leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Although last season with a different website ranks championship higher https://www.globalfootballrankings.com

the quality can't be as bad as some on here are saying. On the second website you can directly compare both leagues an it ranks the teams from both leagues.
    Great to see him doing well. 8 in 26 is decent for a terrible side. Can’t wait for us to be lumping the ball in his general direction next season

I'd like to know what Tanner offers that Davies doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Tanner is non league level. He'll get 5 years with various professional clubs due to the goal he scored against Swansea, that's how shit football is, and club owners, coaches at plenty of clubs are blagging it. As fans we give them all way too much credit. Good luck to Tanner though, i hope the club bumped his money right up with his new contract. Rinse it while you can lad.

It goes back to Pre-Season. Isaak did not show his ability. Tanner did. EB had to make a choice and it is proving correct from a CCFC perspective. His worth will have increased substantially. he will now have a pre season to show he is up for it and there is no need for another second rate loan wideman like Bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    It goes back to Pre-Season. Isaak did not show his ability. Tanner did. EB had to make a choice and it is proving correct from a CCFC perspective. His worth will have increased substantially. he will now have a pre season to show he is up for it and there is no need for another second rate loan wideman like Bowler.
    That's a good point to be fair about pre-season. Tanner did outshine Davies in the matches I went to see. I thought Tanner was going to be a hell of a find but he's another one that hasn't kicked on after 'the' wonder goal. Have to say that's another one I got wrong. I think it's more hope and wishful thinking at the start of the season that got me again. Jeez. The last few years have knocked the stuffing out of me as a fan tbh.

Seconded.

Seconded.
    Tanner is a winger Davies is a striker.

Davies does not play like 'Bulut' striker and I don't want him to shoehorn in as a makeshift winger either. Hopefully Bulut's gone by the end of the season so we won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Davies does not play like 'Bulut' striker and I don't want him to shoehorn in as a makeshift winger either. Hopefully Bulut's gone by the end of the season so we won't have to.
    This ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

This I agree with. If he comes back and is used as a striker I'd be happy. I think Bulut wastes him on the wing though.

I'd like Davies to come good just for the fact me and my daughter used to sit by his Grandad, he was a lovely fella, be great if he could get a regular run of games in the first team and become a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Great to see him doing well. 8 in 26 is decent for a terrible side. Can’t wait for us to be lumping the ball in his general direction next season
    I've just looked at his stats this season, as you say, they are pretty impressive in a struggling team. His shot accuracy, goals Vs expected goals are in the high 90s percentile across all players in that league.

That's a really interesting link. I follow the Greek SL and I'm not surprised it's as high as it is. The Championship seems to be getting worse IMO but yeah, it's a surprise to see it rated so low nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Nice finish
    Decent finish. But you have to score from an opportunity like that. It was a gift.