+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kortrijk

Re: Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Missed this. Yes I agree wingers just don't work for us. I'd rather the width from wing backs and have more creative minded players in the middle rather than wingers cutting in.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6...013e325dddfe95

People will pick apart the team selection, whatever. But a formation something like this I'd like to see. Can argue the toss over the team selection as comb does
    I think we'd play COD as LWB, and then Collins is backup. Ng can play RCB and you sign a Drameh etc as the RWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    May as well try things like this until the end of the season
    Narrator's voice: Bulut did not experiment.

Fair play if he does! I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we'd play COD as LWB, and then Collins is backup. Ng can play RCB and you sign a Drameh etc as the RWB.
    Absolutely. You got me there! Quite how I missed him out is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    NG is made to play the right of a back 3. COD can easily play left wing back but there is always that question mark over his fitness. We would need two new full backs, players like Giles, Dramah were excellent in that role. Not sure Doughty played wingback for us but another we had who would have been ideal and Nkounkou.

We never seem to play wingbacks when we have the players to do it. No we wait for mad mickand play Brown and McGuiness.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    NG is made to play the right of a back 3. COD can easily play left wing back but there is always that question mark over his fitness. We would need two new full backs, players like Giles, Dramah were excellent in that role. Not sure Doughty played wingback for us but another we had who would have been ideal and Nkounkou.

We never seem to play wingbacks when we have the players to do it. No we wait for mad mickand play Brown and McGuiness.
    I'd have loved to have seen Nkounkou as a wing back for us.
    he's be comfortably our most creative player these days

sounds like he's got a level head too

He has to return next season, it’s a free hit for us really, a new forward who’s already on our books.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He has to return next season, it’s a free hit for us really, a new forward who’s already on our books.
    Great kid, great player if City can't play him he'll find suitors.

I'm in the camp that from the academy and as they progress as professionals the coaching has been piss poor.

I'll suggest that's why Colwills development hasn't progressed too?

In my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great kid, great player if City can't play him he'll find suitors.

I'm in the camp that from the academy and as they progress as professionals the coaching has been piss poor.

I'll suggest that's why Colwills development hasn't progressed too?

In my opinion...
    I think Colwill has developed massively this season, let’s not forget he had a lot of injuries. He has become a much more rounded player under Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If Bulut’s here Isaak should find another club. I agree with Jordi re. development. We’re just not that kind of a club.

I think Colwill has developed massively this season, let’s not forget he had a lot of injuries. He has become a much more rounded player under Bulut.
    Is that because, whatever Bulut weaknesses are he can coach?

I don’t see it myself. I can’t think of one player who’s improved. Even Siopis has gone backwards.

Is that because, whatever Bulut weaknesses are he can coach?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    No.
    I'll disagree. He can coach.

His tactics, strategy and game management are ****ing wank.

I'll disagree. He can coach.

His tactics, strategy and game management are ****ing wank.
    I like the f*cking wank bit! 😛 D’ya know. I’ll be honest when I say I don’t know about the coaching side so I shouldn’t have been so quick to pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I like the f*cking wank bit! 😛 D’ya know. I’ll be honest when I say I don’t know about the coaching side so I shouldn’t have been so quick to pull the trigger!
    He's a coach, in respect he can improve players.
    His match management... dearie ****ing ****..

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Nice finish
    Decent finish. But you have to score from an opportunity like that. It was a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Decent finish. But you have to score from an opportunity like that. It was a gift.
    Meite would have missed, the other clown would have fallen over and Etete would still be late getting into the box

Davies has pace, knows how to score and is direct. Three qualities our squad is missing. It would be a mistake not to use him next season, The qualities he has cost a small fortune to acquire.

I have no confidence in Bulut using him correctly (or at all).

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Davies has pace, knows how to score and is direct. Three qualities our squad is missing. It would be a mistake not to use him next season, The qualities he has cost a small fortune to acquire.

I have no confidence in Bulut using him correctly (or at all).
    I can see him being an option out wide under Bulut, maybe in the Grant role. Although I do think it would be more of a squad player.

I see the game finished 1-1 - perhaps Loramski can explain what this means for Kortrijk’s chances of staying up? Considering they finished bottom of the league, I’m guessing not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see the game finished 1-1 - perhaps Loramski can explain what this means for Kortrijk’s chances of staying up? Considering they finished bottom of the league, I’m guessing not a lot.
    Further to that, I’m assuming they didn’t scramble clear of the bottom at the end of the regular season?

Further to that, I’m assuming they didn’t scramble clear of the bottom at the end of the regular season?

They finished bottom but one in the regular season and this is how the playoffs work.

Relegation Play-offs

The bottom four teams after the regular season play the Relegation Play-offs, a round-robin tournament in which they start with the full points obtained during the regular season. The teams finishing in third and fourth at the conclusion of the Relegation Play-offs will be relegated to the 2024–25 Challenger Pro League, the team finishing in second place has to play the winner of the Promotion Play-offs, with the winner of that match playing in the 2024–25 Belgian Pro League.

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification or relegation CHA EUP KVK RWD
    1 Charleroi 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 30 — 21 Apr 11 May 0–0
    2 Eupen 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 25 Qualification for the Promotion/relegation play-offs 26 Apr — 1–1 11 May
    3 Kortrijk 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 25 Relegation to Challenger Pro League 14 Apr 5 May — 21 Apr
    4 RWD Molenbeek 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 24 4 May 13 Apr 28 Apr —
    Updated to match(es) played on 7 April 2024. Source: Jupiler Pro League (in Dutch), Soccerway
    Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Regular season finishing position.[39]
    Promotion/relegation play-offs

The promotion/relegation play-offs are contested by the teams finishing in positions 3 to 6 in the 2023–24 Challenger Pro League, who meet in a knockout tournament with both semi-finals and a final over two legs and the highest season finisher always having home advantage in the return leg. The winner of the final plays the 14th place finisher of the 2023–24 Belgian Pro League over two legs. The Belgian Pro League team has home advantage in the return leg, the winner of the barrage will play in the 2024–25 Belgian Pro League, the loser in the 2024–25 Challenger Pro League.

They came bottom-but-one.

However, in the Belgium league, after the regular season the bottom 4 play off against each other to see which 2 go down.

Yesterday (away draw), was the first of the play off games and was a good result for them.