+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Re: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    We are in massive trouble as a country with these clowns in charge.Attachment 6112
    Labour ?

Or individuals within labour ?

Give him a chance…to explain why he’s taken £200,000 from a criminal? It’s a terrible example for a leader to make before he’s even started! He’s legitimising crime funding politics ffs! There’s a lot of money to be made dumping waste illegally and some of this dodgy cash has propelled VG to be the leader of our country.

The knives are already out for this grinning creep

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-last-28832557
    Some of the comments on there are daily mail in their intensity and clearly written by raving tory voters

He's never had a real job ? Is a solicitor a real job ?

I have no idea if he's going to be any good but I am glad to see the back of drakeford

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Labour ?

Or individuals within labour ?
    Carolyn Harris MP is likely to be in Starmer’s government. Look at her! Just read her wiki entry: homophobia, bullying, associating with criminals.

Face it, the Labour Party died when they forced Corbyn out. It is now just as full of narcissists, chancers and criminals as the Conservatives. Gething is dreadful. Drakeford was dreadful.

Gething’s time as Health Minister was a calamity. Betsi Cadwallader HB and Hywel Dda HB in special measures, Cwm Taf Morgannwg maternity services in crisis, Aneurin Bevan HB failing. His terrible lack of judgment when breaking HIS OWN GOVERNMENT’s rules during the pandemic! Sheesh! Even the most one-eyed Labour supporters eg WalesOnline’s Ruth Mosalski know that VG is an aggressive, narcissistic liar who has huge difficulty accepting he was wrong, accepting the blame and apologising.

Carolyn Harris MP is likely to be in Starmer’s government. Look at her! Just read her wiki entry: homophobia, bullying, associating with criminals.

Face it, the Labour Party died when they forced Corbyn out. It is now just as full of narcissists, chancers and criminals as the Conservatives. Gething is dreadful. Drakeford was dreadful.

Gething’s time as Health Minister was a calamity. Betsi Cadwallader HB and Hywel Dda HB in special measures, Cwm Taf Morgannwg maternity services in crisis, Aneurin Bevan HB failing. His terrible lack of judgment when breaking HIS OWN GOVERNMENT’s rules during the pandemic! Sheesh! Even the most one-eyed Labour supporters eg WalesOnline’s Ruth Mosalski know that VG is an aggressive, narcissistic liar who has huge difficulty accepting he was wrong, accepting the blame and apologising.
    Difficult to know if you are a Corbyn/Labour supporter or a shill? Care to be a bit more transparent?

Who would you rather have seen as the first minister? What party would you rather see in power in Wales?

You sound very angry and do a lot of name-calling. Sounds a bit unpleasant tbh. It's easy to throw rocks. Care to come up with some solutions and political commentary as opposed to attack mode?

Leo Varadkar, Humza Yousaf and Rishi Sunak are all people of colour and all currently leaders of European countries. And all unpopular with the electorate.

https://pro.morningconsult.com/track...eader-approval

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies....11-march-2024/

I’d think that VG will be similarly unpopular, not because of his skin colour, but because he is unrepentant about taking £200k from a man who has repeatedly been convicted of serious environmental crimes. And also his terrible performances during the pandemic and in the Covid enquiry.
    Lots of unpopular white dudes on that list. Care to explain why you've tagged their unpopularity and colour together?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Difficult to know if you are a Corbyn/Labour supporter or a shill? Care to be a bit more transparent?

Who would you rather have seen as the first minister? What party would you rather see in power in Wales?

You sound very angry and do a lot of name-calling. Sounds a bit unpleasant tbh. It's easy to throw rocks. Care to come up with some solutions and political commentary as opposed to attack mode?
    I’m not a Labour supporter as in Wales they are a nepotistic clique intent on keeping Wales poor and themselves in power. And they have succeeded on both counts since 1999.

I admire Corbyn and his politics. Labour under Corbyn had a huge vote in the 2017 general election. Starmer is a Blairite, and Blair is a war criminal.

I would rather have had Jeremy Miles as FM and I will probably vote for Plaid in the next Senedd elections. They have Wales’ interests at heart. VG being FM and Starmer being PM will definitely help Plaid electorally in 2026. I have simply written facts about VG followed by my opinion of him. He’s well known for being evasive, angry when challenged and now for being funded by a criminal.

Your hagiography of VG was utterly, transparently cobblers. Laughably so.

As for the list of leaders who are unpopular I was responding to Sludge’s ‘person of colour’ comment. Just pointing out that the people I listed are all pretty unpopular.

I await your ad hominem as I’ve noted that this is your debating style. Have you been taking arguing tips from VG? Or maybe its his excellent service as a constituency MS that is blinding you to his unsuitability as a leader? Anyway I’m sure you will find a suitable response.

I’m not a Labour supporter as in Wales they are a nepotistic clique intent on keeping Wales poor and themselves in power. And they have succeeded on both counts since 1999.

I admire Corbyn and his politics. Labour under Corbyn had a huge vote in the 2017 general election. Starmer is a Blairite, and Blair is a war criminal.

I would rather have had Jeremy Miles as FM and I will probably vote for Plaid in the next Senedd elections. They have Wales’ interests at heart. VG being FM and Starmer being PM will definitely help Plaid electorally in 2026. I have simply written facts about VG followed by my opinion of him. He’s well known for being evasive, angry when challenged and now for being funded by a criminal.

As for the list of leaders who are unpopular I was responding to Sludge’s ‘person of colour’ comment. Just pointing out that the people I listed are all pretty unpopular.

I await your ad hominem as I’ve noted that this is your debating style. Have you been taking arguing tips from VG? Or maybe its his excellent service as a constituency MS that is blinding you to his unsuitability as a leader? Anyway I’m sure you will find a suitable response.
    No ad hominem. Just asking some questions and I've got everything I need thanks.

As you probably know, I'm no longer into any Labour party politics so I've no axe to grind as far as Gething is concerned. The environmental saga worried me but I'm just going to speak from personal experience and others in Grangetown who have also been helped. Like you said earlier, let's give the bloke a chance.
    He may have been a really good councillor.

But this bloke has been an MS for some years since then,and he had a big chance as Health Minister.

I 've not been very convinced with him in this role,including his role during Covid.

To be fair no-one from any party has been convincing as we hear more of what happened during the Covid inquiries, but from what I have seen of what he said,I haven't been impressed.

Yes,he is to be congratulated on being the first black leader in Europe,certainly an achievement.

But the ongoing concerns about the donation he received have sadly overshadowed this achievement.

I think you are clouded by your disdain of Labour

I can assure you that I am no outright supporter of them but Jesus christ the conservatives ? Plaid ?

The current nationalist leader is absolutely hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

But this bloke has been an MS for some years since then,and he had a big chance as Health Minister.

I 've not been very convinced with him in this role,including his role during Covid.

To be fair no-one from any party has been convincing as we hear more of what happened during the Covid inquiries, but from what I have seen of what he said,I haven't been impressed.

Yes,he is to be congratulated on being the first black leader in Europe,certainly an achievement.

But the ongoing concerns about the donation he received have sadly overshadowed this achievement.
    Your tory health minister in England during covid ?

Hancock

Remind me of his tenure

You might believe that Plaid have Wales interests at heart but I am not so sure

When it comes to being in cosy jobs a lot of Plaid voting Welsh speakers have relocated to Cardiff from the west and north

They talk a good game and have some very good liberal policies which are what I really believe in but they want independence and in South Wales that's not going to wash

A protest vote maybe

In what way do you think Labour are intent on keeping Wales poor ?

As for staying in power we had the Tories from 1979 till 1997

Isn't that what political parties do ?

I would prefer a Labour, Liberal, Plaid alliance personally

Anything is better than the conservatives

Your tory health minister in England during covid ?

Hancock

Remind me of his tenure
    What part of

"To be fair, no one from any party has been convincing......"

did you not understand,Sludge????

They all.messed up

And Gething is my health minister not Hancock anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

A few things Elwood. All politicians lie. Don't ever meet your heroes. Journalists and the media will play us to get clicks on websites and satisfy their advertisers. Everyone is on the payroll. Somewhere. Every institution is corrupt. Humans make tons of mistakes. Cardiff City are generally pretty sh*tty.

They should all be working for the people's best interests. Political parties put themselves first. All of them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'The first black leader in wales' that's as far as it goes. Factually correct, and an important thing to mention. You'd have been having ****ing kittens when Obama was elected. Do us a favour Jim, stop posting when you're pissed.
    No, it's the literal headline. And the United States has an entirely different history to us on this.

And I was pissed (off) on Saturday!

This is all massively regressive. Why are we endlessly saying that our skin colours is the most important thing?

What are his policies? Why not state the fact he has won and been elected? Why tie it to something he has no control over?

I'm glad he was elected. His skin colour is part of his history but has zero bearing over who governs our schools, hospitals, roads, economies etc

If you don't like the people that are in the welsh political spectrum then try yourself. That's how it works. Not happy with him vote them out and replace.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No, it's the literal headline. And the United States has an entirely different history to us on this.

And I was pissed (off) on Saturday!

This is all massively regressive. Why are we endlessly saying that our skin colours is the most important thing?

What are his policies? Why not state the fact he has won and been elected? Why tie it to something he has no control over?

I'm glad he was elected. His skin colour is part of his history but has zero bearing over who governs our schools, hospitals, roads, economies etc
    We are not. People of colour regard it as pretty important considering centuries of white privilege and oppression. You're a white dude, right? There is no we. I'm a white dude. My wife's mother was South African, Cape Coloured/Malay. We're bystanders in this. You're being kind of naive or deliberately contrary if you don't get it. There's nothing regressive.

Poor people, in Wales anyway, are more likely to vote for Labour than any other party.

Labour will have been in power in Wales for 27 years by the next election. In Wales Labour have won the popular vote and most seats in every Westminster election since 1923! Ask the people of Port Talbot what they think of Vaughan Gething and Stephen Kinnock. They will tell you that these men are failures and charlatans.

I wonder if either you or Citizens Nephew actually read the Mosalski piece in WalesOnline? The narrative is not complicated. VG took huge sums of money from a criminal constituent and has lobbied for this man, a repeat polluter. It stinks!

[QUOTE=blue sky;5497901]Poor people, in Wales anyway, are more likely to vote for Labour than any other party.

Labour will have been in power in Wales for 27 years by the next election. In Wales Labour have won the popular vote and most seats in every Westminster election since 1923! Ask the people of Port Talbot what they think of Vaughan Gething and Stephen Kinnock. They will tell you that these men are failures and charlatans.

I wonder if either you or Citizens Nephew actually read the Mosalski piece in WalesOnline? The narrative is not complicated. VG took huge sums of money from a criminal constituent and has lobbied for this man, a repeat polluter. It stinks![/What do you want me to say? That the guy’s a c*nt? I’ve already given you a real world, true example of how the guy helped me . [Quote]

I read the article (no mean feat on that crappy site) and a fair few chunks of the 185 BTL comments there were at the time I read it.

I’ve stated I have no party affiliation and that all politicians lie. It’s naive to think otherwise. You’ve accused me that ad hominem as being my default posting style whilst doing that to my comments.

I don’t know what the truth is anymore so I tend to trust nothing but my own experiences.

I’m sorry that I haven’t sufficiently assassinated the guy on here to your liking. Let’s just leave it.

And everyone knows that my posting style leans towards confident sarcastic or hugs and kisses depending on my mood and general oscillation between mania and depression. Today I’m on the cusp! Have this Llama to cheer you up. 🦙

Edit: #epicformattingfail

[QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5497924][QUOTE=blue sky;5497901]Poor people, in Wales anyway, are more likely to vote for Labour than any other party.

I wonder if either you or Citizens Nephew actually read the Mosalski piece in WalesOnline? The narrative is not complicated. VG took huge sums of money from a criminal constituent and has lobbied for this man, a repeat polluter. It stinks![/What do you want me to say? That the guy’s a c*nt? I’ve already given you a real world, true example of how the guy helped me .

I read the article (no mean feat on that crappy site) and a fair few chunks of the 185 BTL comments there were at the time I read it.

I’ve stated I have no party affiliation and that all politicians lie. It’s naive to think otherwise. You’ve accused me that ad hominem as being my default posting style whilst doing that to my comments.

I don’t know what the truth is anymore so I tend to trust nothing but my own experiences.

I’m sorry that I haven’t sufficiently assassinated the guy on here to your liking. Let’s just leave it.

And everyone knows that my posting style leans towards confident sarcastic or hugs and kisses depending on my mood and general oscillation between mania and depression. Today I’m on the cusp! Have this Llama to cheer you up. ��

Edit: #epicformattingfail
    Everybody lies. Every day. This isn’t about lies.

It’s about the new FM accepting £200k from a constituent who has multiple convictions for dumping waste and then lobbying for that constituent’s business.

So VG accepted money that almost certainly was obtained through illegal activity then lobbied the WG to allow the donor to make more money.

You have been fulsome in your praise of VG for helping you and other Grangetown constituents. What did he do for these other people and how did you find out about these good works?

Or have you been lying?

Seems like a lot of Labour politicians in Wales are very concerned https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68596471

[QUOTE=blue sky;5497938][QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5497924]
    Poor people, in Wales anyway, are more likely to vote for Labour than any other party.

I wonder if either you or Citizens Nephew actually read the Mosalski piece in WalesOnline? The narrative is not complicated. VG took huge sums of money from a criminal constituent and has lobbied for this man, a repeat polluter. It stinks![/What do you want me to say? That the guy’s a c*nt? I’ve already given you a real world, true example of how the guy helped me .
    Everybody lies. Every day. This isn’t about lies.

It’s about the new FM accepting £200k from a constituent who has multiple convictions for dumping waste and then lobbying for that constituent’s business.

So VG accepted money that almost certainly was obtained through illegal activity then lobbied the WG to allow the donor to make more money.

You have been fulsome in your praise of VG for helping you and other Grangetown constituents. What did he do for these other people and how did you find out about these good works?

Or have you been lying?

Seems like a lot of Labour politicians in Wales are very concerned https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68596471
    I’ve tried to be decent and engage and discuss and debate. I’ve lost patience with you now and have better things to do. I won’t be engaging with you again. Ever. Go away.

[QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5497939][QUOTE=blue sky;5497938]

I’ve tried to be decent and engage and discuss and debate. I’ve lost patience with you now and have better things to do. I won’t be engaging with you again. Ever. Go away.
    Oh my God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What am i going to do now that some person that I don’t know who I’ve been exchanging messages with for one day is abandoning me???

I’m going to contact my constituency MS Vaughan Gething to see if he can help. I’m not sure whether or not ‘rebuilding short-term fraught internet relationships’ is a devolved competency but if it is I’m hopeful that VG can help because, as you’ve already mentioned, he’s great at helping constituents.

Especially those who give him £££££££££££.

[QUOTE=blue sky;5497954][QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5497939]

Oh my God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What am i going to do now that some person that I don’t know who I’ve been exchanging messages with for one day is abandoning me???

I’m going to contact my constituency MS Vaughan Gething to see if he can help. I’m not sure whether or not ‘rebuilding short-term fraught internet relationships’ is a devolved competency but if it is I’m hopeful that VG can help because, as you’ve already mentioned, he’s great at helping constituents.

Especially those who give him £££££££££££.
    How are labour deliberately keeping people poor so they stay in power ?

That's what you are saying isn't it ?

I am not denying there's a load of sleaze going on but that's a different matter

We are not. People of colour regard it as pretty important considering centuries of white privilege and oppression. You're a white dude, right? There is no we. I'm a white dude. My wife's mother was South African, Cape Coloured/Malay. We're bystanders in this. You're being kind of naive or deliberately contrary if you don't get it. There's nothing regressive.
    We aren't saying it. Jim Bob just wants to believe that or spin it in a way that causes division. The only people causing that division are the ones who constantly tell us that it doesn't matter. Well, it does matter, for obvious reasons that don't need explaining if someone possesses half a brain cell. Things like this make Jimo and the rest of them angry, but they present themselves as being non-plussed by a black man doing something that not many Black people achieve or get the opportunity to achieve in this country. Their blase attitude to it (And everyone else should feel the same) attitude is a smpke screen for their own prejudices, it's a cover up, it's insulting, it's another attempt by White people to take control of other cultures or how people feel and completely dismissive of everything that has gone on before. Basically, it's right wing bullshit.