+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bristol City My Arse

Re: Bristol City My Arse

Surely its a generational thing. For someone who only started watching us from the 80s onwards then of course Swansea is more likely to feel the bigger rivalry, especially if , shall we say you were involved or around the off the field activities of the 80s and 90s.

But for the older generation, if they say they feel Bristol City are more our rivals than Swansea Town then if thats the way they feel, thats the way the feel regardless of you telling them who our rivals should be.

Overbearing git.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Surely its a generational thing. For someone who only started watching us from the 80s onwards then of course Swansea is more likely to feel the bigger rivalry, especially if , shall we say you were involved or around the off the field activities of the 80s and 90s.

But for the older generation, if they say they feel Bristol City are more our rivals than Swansea Town then if thats the way they feel, thats the way the feel regardless of you telling them who our rivals should be.

Overbearing git.
    You speak for yourself , I was watching ccfc long before you clearly and most cardiff fans I know regard Swansea as our rivals

Apart from grandads or miserable gits like you

So on your way tonto

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You speak for yourself , I was watching ccfc long before you clearly and most cardiff fans I know regard Swansea as our rivals

Apart from grandads or miserable gits like you

So on your way tonto
    Thats literally what ive just said you moron. Swansea for me all the way and every Cardiff fan I know around my age feels the same, but clearly some people feel otherwise. Who the feck are you to tell them who our biggest rivals are? Self appointed Chief Superintendent of the football supporting police.

Thats literally what ive just said you moron. Swansea for me all the way and every Cardiff fan I know around my age feels the same, but clearly some people feel otherwise. Who the feck are you to tell them who our biggest rivals are? Self appointed Chief Superintendent of the football supporting police.
    I am stating facts , I couldn't care less what you think

Apart from a few old gummers anyone saying our biggest rivals are Bristol City are playing into the hands of Swansea taking the piss out of us

They are not relevant

It's their cup final

Bristol is the big one

Etc etc

I am stating facts , I couldn't care less what you think

Apart from a few old gummers anyone saying our biggest rivals are Bristol City are playing into the hands of Swansea taking the piss out of us

They are not relevant

It's their cup final

Bristol is the big one

Etc etc
    Cone you take a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Cone you take a joke?
    Crash

Bang

Wallop

What a video !

Because I worked in Bristol for 20 years in a company dominated by City fans, that's the bigger game for me. If we lose to the Jacks then other than the painful memories that's the end of it. If we lose to Bristol I get bombarded with WhatsApp messages and texts for days after and get regular reminders until the next derby. Apologies if any of this causes offence.

I think the wurzels and the jacks both hate us far more that we hate either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I was 10 years old when, with the help of my dad, I won a competition with Shredded Wheat. The prize was to spend the day with a 'top football team', join in with a training session and to have lunch with the players at a top restaurant.

I had been dreaming of a trip to one of the top teams' ground for weeks with my dad and the day finally came. Bristol fu**ing City!! The day was made somewhat brightened by a certain Bobby Gould's strop on the training pitch arguing with his team mates which continued into the restaurant. Gould was sat next to me and my dad while he told the manager, Alan Dicks, to repeatedly "fu** off". Whereupon my dad told him to "stop swearing in front of my son, shut up before I shut you up". Probably my favourite moment with my dad :)
    👍👌🙌 Brilliant post!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Because I worked in Bristol for 20 years in a company dominated by City fans, that's the bigger game for me. If we lose to the Jacks then other than the painful memories that's the end of it. If we lose to Bristol I get bombarded with WhatsApp messages and texts for days after and get regular reminders until the next derby. Apologies if any of this causes offence.
    Bristol City my arse. How dare you have a different opinion to Sludge!

Crash

Bang

Wallop

What a video !
    Are you the crank caller?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Not at all but you are very much in the minority

Bristol City my arse. How dare you have a different opinion to Sludge!
    He's in the minority , irrespective of his opinion

You are just a mentalist

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Are you the crank caller?
    Enough hair to cover a small child

Bristol are the biggest rivalry, make no mistake about that Sludge.

He's in the minority , irrespective of his opinion

You are just a mentalist
    Sludge and Hartley have ruined this thread.

Who is supposed to be moderating this board?

It's quite pathetic, each as childish yet boorish as the other.

And it's not the first time either.

I've liked this messageboard for many years but it's getting me down now.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Sludge and Hartley have ruined this thread.

Who is supposed to be moderating this board?

It's quite pathetic, each as childish yet boorish as the other.

And it's not the first time either.

I've liked this messageboard for many years but it's getting me down now.
    Running to teacher again you little weasel.

You only ever post every now and again to tell everyone how you don’t post anymore.and how it’s getting you down boo-hoo.

Bore off

Sludge and many like him won't approve of this but in 1964 when Swansea Town got to the semi final of the FA Cup I was genuinely gutted when they were beaten by Preston. At the time they were just another Welsh club, so I wanted them to do well. At the age of 10 I never realised there was such a fierce rivalry between the teams. Maybe there wasn't.

What I do know is by the time we next played them in a league match it was 1980 and by then our rivalry with Bristol City was very intense and bitter. Swansea were anonymous.

Fast forward a generation and yes I can understand why to many City fans, beating Swansea is all that matters. My son feels the same way. It's purely generational but if Swansea spent the next 20 years in the lower leagues and we prospered, nobody would give them a second thought and the rivalry that exists at the moment would slowly dissipate and be meaningless, except to current Swansea haters of course.........

Brizzle is a more important game to me than Swampsea, as (in common with many others) when I started going to games we only played Swampsea if we got them in the Welsh Cup. Of course I'd prefer it if we stuffed them both and am unhappy at the way we missed the chance for the first double double since 1969.
    Beyond that I am as indifferent towards Brizzle's standing as the vast majority of other clubs while I wish Swampsea well despite a preference for them to be at least one place below us in the league.

Running to teacher again you little weasel.

You only ever post every now and again to tell everyone how you don’t post anymore.and how it’s getting you down boo-hoo.

Bore off

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

My view is it means just as much to us as fans but the club is arrogant about the fixture in some ways or on the flipside seems to totally freeze

I think losing a close game is fair enough , it happens in local derby's all over the country

But lying down and getting battered is not acceptable

The fans who try to deflect another defeat with the claim Bristol City is the big one are clearly on a wind up or in need of a doctor
    Despite all the previous debate about whether the Jacks or the Wurzels are our biggest rivals, I agree with main point you make.

Maybe in the next decade Wrexham will be viewed as our biggest rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I think the wurzels and the jacks both hate us far more that we hate either of them.
    The hate stuff is all so immature and the product of immature minds in my opinion. I don't hate fans of any other club and quite like fans of teams at our level and at lower levels (rather than faux fans of famous clubs). The vast majority of fans can't be judged by the idiotic minority. We would all be fans of the so-called 'hated' clubs if we we born in a different place, after all. Sleep well,my children.