+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol City My Arse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bristol City My Arse

All these people saying Bristol but don't think I've ever heard an anti Bristol song at a cardiff game in 40 years. Whereas songs about swansea are several times every game home and away. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    All these people saying Bristol but don't think I've ever heard an anti Bristol song at a cardiff game in 40 years. Whereas songs about swansea are several times every game home and away. Odd.
    The classic advise of which side of the bridge you should shit on springs to mind .

I recall a few away days where the Brizzies chanted Aberfan at us, on a personal level that was enough for me to hate them on behalf of my Dad's old school, and past family connections .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The classic advise of which side of the bridge you should shit on springs to mind .

I recall a few away days where the Brizzies chanted Aberfan at us, on a personal level that was enough for me to hate them on behalf of my Dad's old school, and past family connections .
    when I mentioned in my post "the songs they sing" I was alluding to the Aberfan song, horrible bunch.

to Father Douglas, as for the number of songs for Swansea compared to Bristol, that alone doesn't equate to a deeper hatred, in fact I would say it's more playful, apart from the on-field shenanigans I don't even acknowledge Bristol City on match days.

It’s the youth in the canton singing though, for them it is swansea….

I can't read, I can't write....gets a bit of an outing.

Back in the 70s, we used to sing "we hate Bristol City; we hate Swindon Town..."

(Swindon Town? ?? )

Swansea 2 divisions below us were never mentioned.
    Current rivalry is, well, current - only built up since the millenium, bmaybe, with the media eager to promote "the South Wales derby".

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Back in the 70s, we used to sing "we hate Bristol City; we hate Swindon Town..."

(Swindon Town? ?? )

Swansea 2 divisions below us were never mentioned.
    Current rivalry is, well, current - only built up since the millenium, bmaybe, with the media eager to promote "the South Wales derby".
    The 'song' you are referring to went like this, to the tune of 'Land of Hope & Glory':

We hate Nottingham Forest
    We hate Swindon too (and Bristol)
    We had Man Utd
    But Keee-aarrdiff
    We Love you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The 'song' you are referring to went like this, to the tune of 'Land of Hope & Glory':

We hate Nottingham Forest
    We hate Swindon too (and Bristol)
    We had Man Utd
    But Keee-aarrdiff
    We Love you
    We never sang about Forest in the early 70s.

The first two lines of our version were anti - Bristol and Swindon.