Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
Ng wasn't fouled enough to disallow their goal, but fouled enough to give away a penalty, but also wasn't being fouled enough when you could see his shirt being stretched off his back. I watched it on my phone in a subway carpark, and even on an iPhone screen it was clearly visible. Maybe not to the ref, but surely one of the lino's notice? They're there looking for offside so surely they are equally positioned to see fouls like this?
Methinks you might have come a little late to the party on this one. Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic regularly pulled Sean Morrison's shirt off his back in the penalty area at corners. My recollection is that none resulted in penalties. But I'm 100% onside with your view on this issue. It needs to be stopped. Your perceptive writing on the Ng incidents show a complete lack of consistency from the official.

Regarding yesterday's game I was appalled (yes that is the correct choice of word) at how the 6 ft 4 inch Darling embarrassingly flung himself to the turf for the obligatory free kick awarded my Mr Webb for the least contact. As if choreographed came the resulting haste that the home team closed in on the ref for retribution. It was hardly of the Corinthian spirit.

That said I thought both Darling and Meite should have been sent off: Meite for his stupidity in giving the ref a decision to make and Darling for seeking to grab the City player's throat. Neither player came out of it with any credit.

StT.
<><