+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild for next season

Rebuild for next season

Who needs to go? Big rebuild required
    If all the loan players go back, we still need to move out a few players who are still under contract for next season

Meite
    Wintle
    Tanner
    Etete out on loan
    Adams
    Robinson

We need two forwards
    Two wingers at least
    A LB
    Centre halve

A New Manager

Re: Rebuild for next season

Meite - yes
    Wintle - yes
    Tanner -yes
    Etete out on loan -yes not loan
    Adams - yes
    Robinson - yes

Add:
    Sawyers
    Bowler - no further loan
    Grant - no further loan

Keep Phillips..if we can afford him...and Horvath (or have we bought him?)

Id personally keep Robinson incase we ditch the inept manager. Tbh id keep Wintle on his current form too.

Remember also we have loans returning

Isaak Davies
    Joel Bagan
    Sheyi Ojo
    Eli king
    Kieron Evans

What is it with the hate on wintle lately? he was so freaking bad the first half of the season and yet nobody picked him up! lately he has actually been looking like a born again cm and you guys rubbish him! are you 20 games behind watching this season or something

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    What is it with the hate on wintle lately? he was so freaking bad the first half of the season and yet nobody picked him up! lately he has actually been looking like a born again cm and you guys rubbish him! are you 20 games behind watching this season or something
    I don't think anyone 'hates him' you might rate him but a lot of people don't. I'd get rid of him, Bowler and Etete for starters.
    Also bring in a new manager

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Id personally keep Robinson incase we ditch the inept manager. Tbh id keep Wintle on his current form too.

Remember also we have loans returning

Isaak Davies
    Joel Bagan
    Sheyi Ojo
    Eli king
    Kieron Evans
    Ojo and Evans are out of contract so will be gone.

Meite - needs to go
    Wintle - sell
    Tanner - out on loan
    Etete out on loan -yes
    Adams - sell
    Robinson - needs to go
    Sawyers - needs to go
    Bowler - no further loan
    Grant - no further loan

Adams is getting rave reviews at Derby, they think they would have won the league if they had him from the start, so we may get a fee on him.
    Wintle isn’t as bad as some people make out but he only fits a certain team, for me he doesn’t tackle well enough and doesn’t do enough going forward. If he stays he stays but I think we need a new CM to play alongside Siopis/Ralls. Not mentioned above but I think CM will be a key position to fill.

It’s going to be a big job but after the embargo last summer it was to be expected this would be the big summer to rebuild.

Can't see Rinomhota coming back either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Meite - needs to go
    Wintle - sell
    Tanner - out on loan
    Etete out on loan -yes
    Adams - sell
    Robinson - needs to go
    Sawyers - needs to go
    Bowler - no further loan
    Grant - no further loan

Adams is getting rave reviews at Derby, they think they would have won the league if they had him from the start, so we may get a fee on him.
    Wintle isn’t as bad as some people make out but he only fits a certain team, for me he doesn’t tackle well enough and doesn’t do enough going forward. If he stays he stays but I think we need a new CM to play alongside Siopis/Ralls. Not mentioned above but I think CM will be a key position to fill.

It’s going to be a big job but after the embargo last summer it was to be expected this would be the big summer to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I thought he along with Sawyers Evans and Ojo are out of contract, so didn’t include any of them.

I can’t see any of the loan players being here, but if there was a chance to keep any of them, it would be Phillips and Grant for me

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I thought he along with Sawyers Evans and Ojo are out of contract, so didn’t include any of them.

I can’t see any of the loan players being here, but if there was a chance to keep any of them, it would be Phillips and Grant for me
    Andy Rinomhota under contract until summer 2025.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...igns-bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Andy Rinomhota under contract until summer 2025.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...igns-bluebirds
    As is Mahlon Romeo, unless he decides he doesn't want to play second fiddle behind Ng.

I'd keep Bulet.

We need to go all out to keep Phillips.
    Send Joel Colwell on loan so that he doesn't become inconsistent like his brother. Isaak Davies will according to reports will be like a new centre forward. Play Ashford more.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Meite - yes
    Wintle - yes
    Tanner -yes
    Etete out on loan -yes not loan
    Adams - yes
    Robinson - yes

Add:
    Sawyers
    Bowler - no further loan
    Grant - no further loan

Keep Phillips..if we can afford him...and Horvath (or have we bought him?)
    Grant has been good, Meite has had his moments, i'd keep those two.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Grant has been good, Meite has had his moments, i'd keep those two.
    Must have blinked and missed those moments from Meite.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must have blinked and missed those moments from Meite.
    He's not perfect far from it, but had some good games out right, he's lower on the ditch pile than the others and can we get rid of ten-plus players again, no wonder our players don't understand the derby, it's a different team every season.

Let's pray for a Striker and left back this year, we've struggled without either for years.

He's not perfect far from it, but had some good games out right, he's lower on the ditch pile than the others and can we get rid of ten-plus players again, no wonder our players don't understand the derby, it's a different team every season.

Let's pray for a Striker and left back this year, we've struggled without either for years.
    Meite before his injury yes, but he’s a crock now and, on the evidence so far, a one goal a season crock - people saying get rid of Etete, but he’s got much more to offer City in 2024 than Meite, and Diedhiou perhaps, can.

Meite 'got' the derby a bit too much for my liking, by trying to show us all just how up for it he was, he had to be subbed before he was red carded Saturday.

As for the team, the CM has been an issue for years, he's brought in Turnbull and Siopis, more changes needed. We need a 'mid table championship' level version of Xabi Alonso, Rodri etc. Someone in the middle who can control a game and pass, If we are to play this style that bulut tried to implement but couldn't...

Tsunoda sounds like the ball playing CB we need, we won't have Phillips next season.

A left back, unless Bagan comes back a new man. One to go into the team and perhaps use Collins as cover.

A striker. Someone with pace, who can hold the ball up and bring others into play, I am not talking about a man you lump the ball up to and expect to win flick ons..

Wingers

As with all rebuilds it won't happen in the one window, there will be things that get in the way, you can't just shift out 15 players and bring in 15 new ones in. a single window so were all going to have to calm our expectations a bit and see what gets sorted first..

Wintle is under contract until 2027 he wont be going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wintle is under contract until 2027 he wont be going anywhere.
    I think Wintle is a good player when used properly, he's probably a victim of manager tactics/instructions (and that's not slagging Bulut off)

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I think Wintle is a good player when used properly, he's probably a victim of manager tactics/instructions (and that's not slagging Bulut off)
    If you won’t slag him off, I will. Bulut has apparently decided he can’t play football with this side (I think that’s a load of tosh and never intended to). But if you say that, that means you don’t extend the centre mids that apparently can’t play the way he wants

Anyone not here can go bar Davies and King. Tsunoda probably comes in but who knows how good he is. Adams, Rino, Ojo etc, thanks but no thanks.

We need a centre mid that can actually pass, wingers, strikers, centre backs, a left back and a 10. Apart from that, we are sorted. Oh and a new manager, cos I’d rather watch paint dry than watch another Bulut season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you won’t slag him off, I will. Bulut has apparently decided he can’t play football with this side (I think that’s a load of tosh and never intended to). But if you say that, that means you don’t extend the centre mids that apparently can’t play the way he wants
    I've done it in the past, the txt in brackets was just because someone usually pops up to say you're anti bulut or whatever if you have a different opinion.

I think we need one in the team that has that skillset definitely, theres still room for your Ralls and Wintles IMO, but if he wants to control the ball and play a better passing game (better than the attempts we've seen so far) then IMO you need a midfielder and a centre back who are comfortable and capable on the ball, we need a Goutas or a McGuinness back there as well as they're both solid, but if we are to play out from the back and be comfortable on the ball we need another player or 2 starting from the back.

I think their reading of the game is poor when we go forward as well, one pass Ramsey tried on the weekend I think 2 players didn't read it..but I don't expect a complete overhaul and understand there are levels so id like to see us build from the back and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    That's a really good point and also another reason we should stick with Bulut. A new manager just means potentially a new formation & playing style leading to players either not being fancied by the manager or not fitting the new formation. We're then back to twice as much squad re-building.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    That's a really good point and also another reason we should stick with Bulut. A new manager just means potentially a new formation & playing style leading to players either not being fancied by the manager or not fitting the new formation. We're then back to twice as much squad re-building.
    If Bulut isn't using Wintle well (and he isn't), surely that's a reason to get rid?!