+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think if you did a poll in each of the 4 leagues in the English system, 80% would say they want a change of manager, are all managers bad then?

I think we've had more manager changes then clubs this season in the championship, not including short term stand-ins, its probably about 80%.

Mark Robbins is the outlier, Bulut is 8th. Give me all the stats in the world but I'd say fans are the issue not managers.
    Yes, shame on those like me who expect some fun and entertainment when watching their team play - what games or incidents from this season will people recall in twenty years time? Ipswich and Swansea at home, goals by Ramsey and Colwill perhaps, Perry Ng being top scorer if it stays that way and that’s the lot I reckon.

My problem with Bulut is, even if he had a great striker and better midfield players he'd still be playing his anti football.
    I can stomach it against better top of the table sides but rank shite when we give them too much respect does my noodle in.
    I fear he stays gets the players he wants in the transfer window and his excuse for football continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm not suggesting they are enjoying it but don't you think it is a pretty bad indictment of our style of play that we are less effective in possession than the worst team in the last decade in this division (at least).
    Just checked the stats, 1 more goal than us in open play. Is that your weapon of choice?

The football has been bad at times, no doubt, but we've also had some entertaining* games, far more than in the last 2 seasons (even under Neil Harris it was a hard watch). The league table suggest we are currently 11th best, I'd take that given where we've been. I'd rather see NG bang in a free kick or Goutas tower in a header off a corner if it meant winning a game.

Truth is, a win last weekend it would be a very different place here.

*entertaining does not equate quality.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, shame on those like me who expect some fun and entertainment when watching their team play - what games or incidents from this season will people recall in twenty years time? Ipswich and Swansea at home, goals by Ramsey and Colwill perhaps, Perry Ng being top scorer if it stays that way and that’s the lot I reckon.
    I'm not suggesting its memorable, or entertaining, I'm suggesting fans, not just Cardiff might have wrong expectations or perhaps don't really understand the game at this level. We have constant turn over, with little to no evidence of long term success. So, why do so many fans want manager changes, why do some many clubs change managers after fan pressure. Are all managers bad, that was my question?

I think if you did a poll in each of the 4 leagues in the English system, 80% would say they want a change of manager, are all managers bad then?

I think we've had more manager changes then clubs this season in the championship, not including short term stand-ins, its probably about 80%.

Mark Robbins is the outlier, Bulut is 8th. Give me all the stats in the world but I'd say fans are the issue not managers.
    *WARNING* Victim blaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    *WARNING* Victim blaming!
    I know, shame on me.

In realms where dreams in vibrant hues are spun,
    Two realms diverge beneath the blazing sun.
    Entertainment, beguiling, tempts the heart,
    With fleeting joys, it seeks to play its part.

Yet in this dance, a whisper may be heard,
    Of deeper worth, of values truly stirred.
    For quality, a steadfast beacon bright,
    Illuminates the path with guiding light.

Entertainment, a fleeting, transient spark,
    Brings laughter, tears, in moments stark.
    But quality, with roots that run so deep,
    Endures, a treasure that we vow to keep.

In laughter's echo, in applause that dies,
    Quality emerges, steadfast, wise.
    For in the echo of a well-told tale,
    Lies substance that will never pale.

So let us cherish both, in their own right,
    For each brings richness to our sight.
    Entertainment, with its lively play,
    And quality, with truths that never sway

I know, shame on me.

In realms where dreams in vibrant hues are spun,
    Two realms diverge beneath the blazing sun.
    Entertainment, beguiling, tempts the heart,
    With fleeting joys, it seeks to play its part.

Yet in this dance, a whisper may be heard,
    Of deeper worth, of values truly stirred.
    For quality, a steadfast beacon bright,
    Illuminates the path with guiding light.

Entertainment, a fleeting, transient spark,
    Brings laughter, tears, in moments stark.
    But quality, with roots that run so deep,
    Endures, a treasure that we vow to keep.

In laughter's echo, in applause that dies,
    Quality emerges, steadfast, wise.
    For in the echo of a well-told tale,
    Lies substance that will never pale.

So let us cherish both, in their own right,
    For each brings richness to our sight.
    Entertainment, with its lively play,
    And quality, with truths that never sway
    Now this is the kind of post I'd like to see more of. I like it. Poe? Poetry, not stats! I can see that on a tee-shirt!

Just checked the stats, 1 more goal than us in open play. Is that your weapon of choice?

The football has been bad at times, no doubt, but we've also had some entertaining* games, far more than in the last 2 seasons (even under Neil Harris it was a hard watch). The league table suggest we are currently 11th best, I'd take that given where we've been. I'd rather see NG bang in a free kick or Goutas tower in a header off a corner if it meant winning a game.

Truth is, a win last weekend it would be a very different place here.

*entertaining does not equate quality.
    Yes, we are worse at scoring goals from open play than the worst team in over a decade, probably longer. It is not good enough. We are the lowest scorers in the league from open play. I don't have to explain why that is bad.

I want us to win games but we're not very good at that, either. I think Bulut is a very poor manager and a win last week would not have changed my opinion. Your point about set pieces is fine, I'd be happy but set pieces should be a bonus to your goal tally, rather than the only route to a goal! Judging Bulut against other bad managers does not mean he's good, they're all crap.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Better natural Striker than these lot, at the start he was good, but like the rest of the attacking players faded badly, Shef Wed shows he knows where the net is.
    Whose fault would that be? Who would you say is responsible for getting a performance out of the players?

Yes, we are worse at scoring goals from open play than the worst team in over a decade, probably longer. It is not good enough. We are the lowest scorers in the league from open play. I don't have to explain why that is bad.

I want us to win games but we're not very good at that, either. I think Bulut is a very poor manager and a win last week would not have changed my opinion. Your point about set pieces is fine, I'd be happy but set pieces should be a bonus to your goal tally, rather than the only route to a goal! Judging Bulut against other bad managers does not mean he's good, they're all crap.
    I am completely with you, not sure what people don't get here

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I am completely with you, not sure what people don't get here
    I am very, very confused!

Have you enjoyed watching the football we’ve played? Do you think we have the first idea what we are going to do wire the bal? Finally, how many clubs have the centre forward you want, cos there’s a handful around, if that.
    I enjoyed the games ive seen when Rambo was playing, I enjoy watching OT run at players, Its been more enjoyable than last season when we just prayed that either we got a few points or other teams were docked points, now that was not enjoyable at all

At times we have played decent football, the ball played to the winger's to attack, I still believe we just lacked a CF, with one we would be in the play-offs now

Ive been to a few Bath City games this season ( they are about 45 mins away from me ), when I have a later KO on Saturday and its nigh on impossible to get up to Cardiff, or a evening game, ive gone to Twerton Park, its been refreshing, they support the team, If beaten, they moan on the way out but you know next week they will be back, they get over 1000 a game, bigger games 1400, its a decent experience, im not sure if the football league fan has become a little too entitled in recent years, they demand to be entertained, they demand to win games, of course in a ideal world every team would play entertaining football, be pushing for promotion and given 3 pints or beer at 1/2 time, its not, ive ( in fact most of us )seen alot worse football than we see now, when we didnt expect to win, were lucky to stay up and it was a generally miserable experience

back to the non-league scene, look at the national league, its littered with ex-football league teams who we were playing only a short time ago, in 3 weeks time Bath City are playing Torquay Utd, they still play at Plainmoor, are maybe just about to go out of business, now the '93 away game V Torquay is one of my fav away days of all time, now im sure in a few weeks time I might speak to the 40 Torquay fans who drive upto Bath and ask them if they want to swap places, we all know the answer

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I enjoyed the games ive seen when Rambo was playing, I enjoy watching OT run at players, Its been more enjoyable than last season when we just prayed that either we got a few points or other teams were docked points, now that was not enjoyable at all
    Ramsey has played 9 games this season. Also, if Bulut needs Ramsey to play well, God help us! Tanner needs to get his head up, and back to my failed to improve players point, he's the same (if not worse) than he was in September.

Non League football is a laugh. Not disputing that and there is definitely more to life than watching Bulut's football which is the worst I've seen in years. I wonder how many goals from open play we've scored without Ramsey on the pitch? I bet it's under 10.

I think we are agreeing, but feel i am being pushed to defend something that i am not strongly opinionated on, my quest in here was to understand fans expectation, as most across the leagues want their manager sacked, surely not all managers are bad, you think they are with your last sentence.

We are team that has a reputation as being set piece, long ball and physical. I just don't think 1 season is enough to change that, would i give Bulut another season, yes, but because we need some continuity and stability and we are above my expectations in the league. Changing things takes time sometimes. I would have liked Lamouchi to have stayed as well, same reason.

We've seen the peoples/chairman's choices of "proper football" managers being hailed and hired only to fail, like Trollope, Solskjaer, Harris and Morison.

My point, lower your expectations because what you are looking for has not been seen since Lennie Lawrence.

I disagree with the notion that Bulut is a poor manager, he is an uninspiring, play-by-stats standard identikit modern manager. We are 11th with a pretty poor squad. Our best players are three defenders, Danny Ward would look like Harland if he returned compared to our centre-forwards.

I don't think he knows what to do with Colwill but would play Davies as he is a pretty conventional inside forward. I think he stays and we are waiting for the Wales games to finish before the media blitz.

We are solid at the back and with three or four forwards we'll be competitive.

Slade was poor (just have a look at his squad compared to now), Morison was poor, Hudson a joke....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Beating Birmingham away without any centre backs in the team

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Beating Birmingham away without any centre backs in the team
    That got forgotten a month later when City were stuffed by Blackburn with no centre backs in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I loved that book.
    Me too!

A quote from it that's apt considering the thread and discussion is:

“Yes, yes, I know all the jokes. What else could I have expected at Highbury? But I went to Chelsea and to Tottenham and to Rangers, and saw the same thing: that the natural state of a football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score.”
    ― Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch

International

Whose fault would that be? Who would you say is responsible for getting a performance out of the players?
    Buluts mistake but maybe stats wise Jay-Jew looked like a better option, I think he thought he was getting the Greek/Turkish Striker or Kieffer, and had to move one out to get one in.

Overall I think he's done a good job with the resources available, lets see what he does in the next eight weeks with a few players back and no pressure and then how he can balance the team with a transfer window.

We've been weak on Strikers and left backs for years now!

International

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I disagree with the notion that Bulut is a poor manager, he is an uninspiring, play-by-stats standard identikit modern manager. We are 11th with a pretty poor squad. Our best players are three defenders, Danny Ward would look like Harland if he returned compared to our centre-forwards.

I don't think he knows what to do with Colwill but would play Davies as he is a pretty conventional inside forward. I think he stays and we are waiting for the Wales games to finish before the media blitz.

We are solid at the back and with three or four forwards we'll be competitive.

Slade was poor (just have a look at his squad compared to now), Morison was poor, Hudson a joke....
    Spot on

Spot on
    seconded

first season in British football trying to play the modern way with restricted players , restricted budgets etc

currently cemented in the top half of the table .hope we can get at least another 12 points before the season ends and kick on next season that's if he don't get poached away

don't think i could stomach another season with the type of managers before Bulut at our club again

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    don't think i could stomach another season with the type of managers before Bulut at our club again
    How are you finding Bulut's fast-paced, Futsal-style of football, Mozzer? Thrilling, isn't it? As I recall, you claimed it would be like nothing we've ever seen before...

Better natural Striker than these lot, at the start he was good, but like the rest of the attacking players faded badly, Shef Wed shows he knows where the net is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How are you finding Bulut's fast-paced, Futsal-style of football, Mozzer? Thrilling, isn't it? As I recall, you claimed it would be like nothing we've ever seen before...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You conjure up a picture of an old fashioned school headmaster, standing in a long gown and mortar board with your bendy cane, waiting to give Mozzer a jolly good thrashing for daring to have a positive opinion when Bulut first took over the reigns. 😁