Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Bulut out
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Fair enough, let's see what happens if they both do come back and if it makes any difference, I think they would improve creativity a lot and maybe Bulut could go back to a more attacking team if he has better attacking players.

I think letting Ugbo go was a big mistake, he was the most natural goal-scoring striker we had, the others miss the target more than they hit it, Jay-Jew is probably the best infornt of goal but he looks like he can't be bothered most of the time.
    Ugbo was absolutely horrific here. Not one person was remotely bothered when he left. Now, while players don’t work at certain clubs etc he’s subsequently got 6 in 11 for Wednesday. We have better players than Wednesday. We have better players than lots of sides, that’s why we are 11th. Bulut’s football has shown zero signs of picking up and has zero creativity.

Bulut’s most confusing thing for me is he wants the centre halves and the keeper to play out from the back and then the rest of the team don’t. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so stupid. Cannot wait to see the back of him. We desperately need a coach. That’s the most important hire we can make. You can have any DoF you want, with managers like Bulut and Morison, players will not improve.

Exactly although Ugbo was better than the remainers.

We almost went down last year, lost the three best players, we were in a summer transfer embargo and some of these expect us to be in the top two!
    I don’t think anyone expected to be in the top two, however 9 off the players on show on Saturday were signed by Bulut unless I’m mistaken?

Most of this season we’re leaving the pub later and later, so when there’s 8 or 9 of you doing that, it can’t be a coincidence.

This season we’ve watched turgid boring teams, set up to defend and not lose

I always thought Bulut would need 2-3 transfer windows to get his team together, but I don’t think that’s the case now!

It’s painful to watch it sometimes, but what was totally unacceptable was to send a team out on Saturday who almost to a man waved the white flag

Then to watch it unfold and still wait until half time to try and change it round, totally inexcusable

Bulut and his boring football will be gone at the end of the season, thankfully

I don’t expect us to win the league, but I do expect that any team walking onto a pitch wearing the shirt be prepared to battle and fight to the end

If there not up for that, then there not worth being here

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Rotherham haven’t got any good players and they’re still more effective at scoring goals from open play than we are
    They are rock bottom on -47 goal difference, with only 30 goals. Scoring more goals than Cardiff in open play is really working out for them. I'm sure they are loving the football at the New York Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    They are rock bottom on -47 goal difference, with only 30 goals. Scoring more goals than Cardiff in open play is really working out for them. I'm sure they are loving the football at the New York Stadium.
    I'm not suggesting they are enjoying it but don't you think it is a pretty bad indictment of our style of play that we are less effective in possession than the worst team in the last decade in this division (at least).

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    *Geeky statto warning*

You can play around with the dates here to see the run-in. It was pretty wild, even before that game.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...01-march-1989/

Arsenal were 16 points clear of Liverpool with +15 goal difference over them on 1 Mar, although Liverpool had 3 games in hand. (Norwich, Millwall and Coventry City were 2nd to 4th!).

On 1 Apr, Arsenal were 2 points clear and by Hillsborough, Liverpool were top on goal difference. Arsenal pulled away again as Liverpool didn't play for almost a month, but Liverpool clawed it back by playing 7 games in 21 days (including the replayed semi-final and FA cup final), winning six of them.

Liverpool won 15 of 17 matches from 1st March - the only two they didn't win were a 0-0 with Everton, their first match after Hillsborough, and the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal when 1-0 would have been enough anyway.

As for Arsenal, they won just 6 out of 11 in that period, and went into Anfield collecting just one point from two home games with Derby and Wimbledon.

All things considered, you'd imagine Liverpool as being the mentally stronger in the 89th minute of that match, despite everything they'd been through. The craziest end to a league season there's ever been, surely.
    Oh man! I've read all your books and I did like High Fidelity but Fever Pitch is right up there! Nick 'Lardy' Hornby.............seriously, that was one helluva end to the season. I'd forgotten all the other stuff so it's appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes. They won the league on goals scored, having won previous matches by scores such as 5-1, 4-1, 3-0, 4-1, 5-0, etc.

But hey, George Graham's successful Arsenal sides and Erol Bulut's Cardiff City are very similar really.

Erol would need to visit Saville Row to even be mentioned in the same post as George Graham.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 19-03-24 at 15:43. Reason: ...laughing at my own post emoji removed!

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I don’t think anyone expected to be in the top two, however 9 off the players on show on Saturday were signed by Bulut unless I’m mistaken?

Most of this season we’re leaving the pub later and later, so when there’s 8 or 9 of you doing that, it can’t be a coincidence.

This season we’ve watched turgid boring teams, set up to defend and not lose

I always thought Bulut would need 2-3 transfer windows to get his team together, but I don’t think that’s the case now!

It’s painful to watch it sometimes, but what was totally unacceptable was to send a team out on Saturday who almost to a man waved the white flag

Then to watch it unfold and still wait until half time to try and change it round, totally inexcusable

Bulut and his boring football will be gone at the end of the season, thankfully

I don’t expect us to win the league, but I do expect that any team walking onto a pitch wearing the shirt be prepared to battle and fight to the end

If there not up for that, then there not worth being here
    It's been hard to watch more recently bar a few games, but you weren't saying that after 12 games, we need to judge him after a full season.

My main gripe about him leaving is Tan well probably appoint Purse or some other ex-player with no managerial experience, who will want to sell and signed 20 players and we will be back to a relegation battle.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Erol would need to visit Saville Row to even be mentioned in the same post as George Graham.
    No one ever said they were similar, Gunman as usual agreed with the rest and twisted one comment to distract from the point that one nil wins every week wins the league with record points, so the post is a load of negative cobblers

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Exactly another load of nonsense the wrong type of goals now!

Exactly another load of nonsense the wrong type of goals now!
    Yes, there is no reason to be worried about the fact we only score 1 goal from open play every 2 games. That is a good thing actually.

No need to be concerned we have the third least shots in the league. It’s definitely sustainable!

International

Ugbo was absolutely horrific here. Not one person was remotely bothered when he left. Now, while players don’t work at certain clubs etc he’s subsequently got 6 in 11 for Wednesday. We have better players than Wednesday. We have better players than lots of sides, that’s why we are 11th. Bulut’s football has shown zero signs of picking up and has zero creativity.

Bulut’s most confusing thing for me is he wants the centre halves and the keeper to play out from the back and then the rest of the team don’t. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so stupid. Cannot wait to see the back of him. We desperately need a coach. That’s the most important hire we can make. You can have any DoF you want, with managers like Bulut and Morison, players will not improve.
    Better natural Striker than these lot, at the start he was good, but like the rest of the attacking players faded badly, Shef Wed shows he knows where the net is.

International

Yes, there is no reason to be worried about the fact we only score 1 goal from open play every 2 games. That is a good thing actually.

No need to be concerned we have the third least shots in the league. It’s definitely sustainable!
    It's not ideal but every Manager in every league has to make the most of the players they have at their disposal, that's why Warnock was a successful manager at this level, he found a way, and got the best most effective use out of limited players.

I'm not defending this Manager, I'm pointing out what a difficult job he took on and how he saved us from almost certain relegation, we were rock bottom with the three best players gone and we couldn't sign players, we need some balance from the negativity of a disappointing loss to the tramps.

He started well, but has dropped off a lot, eight games lets see what he can do?

No one ever said they were similar, Gunman as usual agreed with the rest and twisted one comment to distract from the point that one nil wins every week wins the league with record points, so the post is a load of negative cobblers
    ...at least I realised adding a laughing emoji at the end of my post was better edited out within the 5 minute window..........oops

Edit:

It's not ideal but every Manager in every league has to make the most of the players they have at their disposal, that's why Warnock was a successful manager at this level, he found a way, and got the best most effective use out of limited players.

I'm not defending this Manager, I'm pointing out what a difficult job he took on and how he saved us from almost certain relegation, we were rock bottom with the three best players gone and we couldn't sign players, we need some balance from the negativity of a disappointing loss to the tramps.

He started well, but has dropped off a lot, eight games let’s see what he can do?
    Almost certain relegation? What on Earth are you on about?!

Also, relying on set pieces isn’t making the most of it. It means you are tactically inept. We have been dire for months, bar that 4 game winning streak which we were lucky to win almost all of the games. It is dire, the football is mind numbingly boring and he’s not improved more than 1 or 2 players. That’s the biggest crime. I also wouldn’t back him to sign players, we’ve signed 15 and very few are successes.

International

Almost certain relegation? What on Earth are you on about?!

Also, relying on set pieces isn’t making the most of it. It means you are tactically inept. We have been dire for months, bar that 4 game winning streak which we were lucky to win almost all of the games. It is dire, the football is mind numbingly boring and he’s not improved more than 1 or 2 players. That’s the biggest crime. I also wouldn’t back him to sign players, we’ve signed 15 and very few are successes.
    What at the end of last season, when we lost our three best players you thought, we should have a great season now, we've got a great team even without the three players that just about kept us up by the skin of our teeth, and the points deductions of two teams below us.

We can't sign any players as we have a transfer ban brilliant that's a great advantage, the three teams coming down are easy to beat, I mean they are only established Premier League teams, and the teams coming up are decent but we have Rinomhota and Swayers what can possibly go wrong, great I fancy us for top two this season we are in such strong position.

I think overall he has done a good job with the difficulties he faced and the squad and troubles he inherited, most of the recent Managers would have taken us down, we've been in decline since the promotion, Bulut stopped the inevitable drop and at least took us in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cardiff City are currently on a run of 24 league games without a victory by two or more goals. The side's last win by a two-goal margin came way back in October when the Bluebirds beat Bristol City 2-0 at the CCS.

As things stand, there are only four teams in the top five divisions of English football who are on longer runs of this nature. They are Birmingham City (21st in the Championship, 27 games), Sutton United (bottom of League Two, 27 games), Carlisle United (bottom of League One, 26 games) and Rotherham United (bottom of the Championship, 26 games).

Before Saturday's fixtures, there was another side who were on a run of 26 league games without a victory by two or more goals, but they managed to win 2-0 at the weekend. Their name is Swansea City.
    It's fab to see you post again TLG. I like the stats and the discussions they generate. I'll knock 15% off the custom CCMB knock-off Converse if you're interested......seriously....15%'s a great deal.

What at the end of last season, when we lost our three best players you thought, we should have a great season now, we've got a great team even without the three players that just about kept us up by the skin of our teeth, and the points deductions of two teams below us.

We can't sign any players as we have a transfer ban brilliant that's a great advantage, the three teams coming down are easy to beat, I mean they are only established Premier League teams, and the teams coming up are decent but we have Rinomhota and Swayers what can possibly go wrong, great I fancy us for top two this season we are in such strong position.

I think overall he has done a good job with the difficulties he faced and the squad and troubles he inherited, most of the recent Managers would have taken us down, we've been in decline since the promotion, Bulut stopped the inevitable drop and at least took us in the other direction.
    Are you Erol's social media manager? What's the kickback? Per/post? Per/word? Did he find you on Fiverr?

we all know we needed a Striker, we did last year aswell, its no surprise we are struggling to score goals, we dont need stat's to tell us that

Now the " but we could have a decent striker but the service is poor " excuse Doesnt really work in my eyes, as a decent striker would run into spaces to receive the ball / wouldnt be out muscled every time the ball comes near them / might be able to jump and head the ball

Not sure we can blame Bulut for that, it looked like he had pinned his hopes on signing KM this Jan, it didnt come off ( yes I know he should have had a backup plan )

Of course the " Glass 1/2 empty / Love to knock the club / really should have moved on with life and found a new hobby " ( delete to suit ) folk are loving us getting beaten by the Jacks, strangely they were fairly quiet during the 4 wins on the bounce, but thats the way it is
    them 4 wins must have been a hard watch

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    …them 4 wins must have been a hard watch
    The entire season has been a hard watch, which is kind of the point, but that will have sailed way over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Oh man! I've read all your books and I did like High Fidelity but Fever Pitch is right up there! Nick 'Lardy' Hornby.............seriously, that was one helluva end to the season. I'd forgotten all the other stuff so it's appreciated
    I loved that book.

we all know we needed a Striker, we did last year aswell, its no surprise we are struggling to score goals, we dont need stat's to tell us that

Now the " but we could have a decent striker but the service is poor " excuse Doesnt really work in my eyes, as a decent striker would run into spaces to receive the ball / wouldnt be out muscled every time the ball comes near them / might be able to jump and head the ball

Not sure we can blame Bulut for that, it looked like he had pinned his hopes on signing KM this Jan, it didnt come off ( yes I know he should have had a backup plan )

Of course the " Glass 1/2 empty / Love to knock the club / really should have moved on with life and found a new hobby " ( delete to suit ) folk are loving us getting beaten by the Jacks, strangely they were fairly quiet during the 4 wins on the bounce, but thats the way it is
    I can’t imagine any City fan would have loved seeing us get beat by anyone, let alone the Jacks!

What I sense is a total frustration in the manor of how we were beaten!

The team set up, the fact that we had players hiding, the lack of response from the bench to alter things, when evidently what ever plan was discussed was out the window in the first 15 minutes.
    That feeling of frustration and disappointment is usually driven by the fact that we care and are passionate as fans about our club.

It also highlights the fact that we don’t have the right people coaching, because if you can’t inspire, influence and rally your players to be up for it for a derby, you’re in the wrong job.

Selection and tactics were all wrong, but it won’t be Buluts fault, it never is.

As fans we should expect better

Have you enjoyed watching the football we’ve played? Do you think we have the first idea what we are going to do wire the bal? Finally, how many clubs have the centre forward you want, cos there’s a handful around, if that.

Three of them were and the fourth one was for more than an hour - there are around thirty other such offences committed in the last six months or so to be taken into consideration as well.

I think if you did a poll in each of the 4 leagues in the English system, 80% would say they want a change of manager, are all managers bad then?

I think we've had more manager changes then clubs this season in the championship, not including short term stand-ins, its probably about 80%.

Mark Robbins is the outlier, Bulut is 8th. Give me all the stats in the world but I'd say fans are the issue not managers.