+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    OK what changed then, you don't accept they started us in the right direction, got the confidence of the team up and that gradually faded, or was it a change in style?

I think every team misses their best most creative players when they are out injured, even Man City.

Even you have to admit, it's a contrast in results and goals scored from the start of the season to now?

It is a big problem, because as good as Ramsey is he will play less and less games and is fading fast, so we can't become dependant on him.
    You Say O Dowda started us off in the right direction but he played 4 games and we only won 1 of those 4 and lost 2 of them.

Hes a good, solid player but hes not KDB. Lets not over egg the pudding here.

Injuries are part and parcel of any squad. I dont think weve ever become dependant on Ramsey because he got injured so soon and has been out for so long. And lets be honest, you didnt have to be Mystic Meg before the season started to realise that he was never going to play 30+ games this season.

As for what happened. Erol Bulut reverting to safety first, passive, pragmatic football type as warned by journalists who knew him from previous is what happened.

The end of the season and his contract cant come quick enough for me and reading socials it seems many others. The cult has definitely lost some members after Saturdays shit show.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You Say O Dowda started us off in the right direction but he played 4 games and we only won 1 of those 4 and lost 2 of them.

Hes a good, solid player but hes not KDB. Lets not over egg the pudding here.

Injuries are part and parcel of any squad. I dont think weve ever become dependant on Ramsey because he got injured so soon and has been out for so long. And lets be honest, you didnt have to be Mystic Meg before the season started to realise that he was never going to play 30+ games this season.

As for what happened. Erol Bulut reverting to safety first, passive, pragmatic football type as warned by journalists who knew him from previous is what happened.

The end of the season and his contract cant come quick enough for me and reading socials it seems many others. The cult has definitely lost some members after Saturdays shit show.
    Fair enough, let's see what happens if they both do come back and if it makes any difference, I think they would improve creativity a lot and maybe Bulut could go back to a more attacking team if he has better attacking players.

I think letting Ugbo go was a big mistake, he was the most natural goal-scoring striker we had, the others miss the target more than they hit it, Jay-Jew is probably the best infornt of goal but he looks like he can't be bothered most of the time.

Fair enough, let's see what happens if they both do come back and if it makes any difference, I think they would improve creativity a lot and maybe Bulut could go back to a more attacking team if he has better attacking players.

I think letting Ugbo go was a big mistake, he was the most natural goal-scoring striker we had, the others miss the target more than they hit it, Jay-Jew is probably the best infornt of goal but he looks like he can't be bothered most of the time.
    Giving Colwill a run in the team will improve creativity but Bulut yet another safety first manager who is more concerned with what he gives without the ball rather than what he gives you with the ball.

Its about time this football club went a bit left field and got in a progressive young European manager. I thought we had with the apointment of Bulut but hes turned out to be the Turkish Steve Morison. Boring football and never takes any of the blame.

Who cares if we win every game one nil, George Graham's Arsenal did it very successfully.
    Remind me, in what season were Arsenal very successful while winning every game 1-0?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Remind me, in what season were Arsenal very successful while winning every game 1-0?
    I know this one.

International

Well maybe not every game but lots of em!

https://angryofislington.com/2012/10...nal-come-from/

https://www.google.com/search?q=one+...r2TiF2Ahg,st:0

One nil or one hundred nil they are both three points

After last season it's nice to score one and not be a point or two away from the relegation zone.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Giving Colwill a run in the team will improve creativity but Bulut yet another safety first manager who is more concerned with what he gives without the ball rather than what he gives you with the ball.

Its about time this football club went a bit left field and got in a progressive young European manager. I thought we had with the apointment of Bulut but hes turned out to be the Turkish Steve Morison. Boring football and never takes any of the blame.
    I think the safety first label is spot on. When we've pressed teams and shown attacking intent that's when we looked like a decent team. Unfortunately it's often only done when we're chasing a game. I did hear some stat about us being the team with the most late or the latest winning goals. Would be good to see some of that attacking internet from the off - especially at home.

Well maybe not every game but lots of em!
    Yes, lots of 'em! Along with 2-0 wins, 3-0 wins, 4-0 wins, stuff like that.

The current list of teams on similar runs to City's tells us all we need to know.

Who cares if we win every game one nil, George Graham's Arsenal did it very successfully.

Up until 24th October, we scored two or more goals in eleven of the first fourteen games, we scored one goal in the other three games.

Ramsey and O'Dowda were injured, and we carried on for a few games after, then a complete change in how we played, we've kept more clean sheets but have stopped scoring, especially from open play.

Why was that, had teams started to suss us out in addition to losing two of our best players?

How do we get back to playing like that?
    The most important point being, that George Graham did it successfully.

It's not like we're chasing 2nd and 3rd place down dropping the odd point, is it.

Yes, lots of 'em! Along with 2-0 wins, 3-0 wins, 4-0 wins, stuff like that.

The current list of teams on similar runs to City's tells us all we need to know.
    Didn’t they win the title at Anfield by 2 to win the title in the last game of the season. 1 wouldn’t have been enough.

#BulutFC are out in force in this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Didn’t they win the title at Anfield by 2 to win the title in the last game of the season. 1 wouldn’t have been enough.
    Yes. They won the league on goals scored, having won previous matches by scores such as 5-1, 4-1, 3-0, 4-1, 5-0, etc.

But hey, George Graham's successful Arsenal sides and Erol Bulut's Cardiff City are very similar really.

International

Yes. They won the league on goals scored, having won previous matches by scores such as 5-1, 4-1, 3-0, 4-1, 5-0, etc.

But hey, George Graham's successful Arsenal sides and Erol Bulut's Cardiff City are very similar really.

1 - 0 = 3 points
    8 - 9 = 0 points

It makes no difference how many you win by, if you win every game 1 nil you win the league

So copying Eric's post again is just negative nonsense.

You'll be copying his other post, we are scoring the wrong type goals next

1 - 0 = 3 points
    8 - 9 = 0 points

It makes no difference how many you win by, if you win every game 1 nil you win the league

So as for your post, just like Eric's it's just negative nonsense.

You'll be copying his other post, we are scoring the wrong type goals next
    ooo touchy..heh. Your examples do make you look daft. Bulut is not more important than the club. No manager or player is so stop trying to bodyguard him

International

1 - 0 = 3 points
    8 - 9 = 0 points

So as for your post, just like Eric's it's just negative nonsense.

You'll be copying his we are scoring the wrong goals next
    If only there was some way of taking all these types of actions and putting them into some sort of table over an equal amount of games, maybe home and away to balance it up. Then at the end you see where everybody is based on wins, loses and goal difference.

Same as the Eric stat the other day that said we'd lost to teams above us but beaten teams below us. My God!

The football is dog sh1te, i agree, but its been better than the last 2 season easily.

We have not got a decent striker….we knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    *Geeky statto warning*

You can play around with the dates here to see the run-in. It was pretty wild, even before that game.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...01-march-1989/

Arsenal were 16 points clear of Liverpool with +15 goal difference over them on 1 Mar, although Liverpool had 3 games in hand. (Norwich, Millwall and Coventry City were 2nd to 4th!).

On 1 Apr, Arsenal were 2 points clear and by Hillsborough, Liverpool were top on goal difference. Arsenal pulled away again as Liverpool didn't play for almost a month, but Liverpool clawed it back by playing 7 games in 21 days (including the replayed semi-final and FA cup final), winning six of them.

Liverpool won 15 of 17 matches from 1st March - the only two they didn't win were a 0-0 with Everton, their first match after Hillsborough, and the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal when 1-0 would have been enough anyway.

As for Arsenal, they won just 6 out of 11 in that period, and went into Anfield collecting just one point from two home games with Derby and Wimbledon.

All things considered, you'd imagine Liverpool as being the mentally stronger in the 89th minute of that match, despite everything they'd been through. The craziest end to a league season there's ever been, surely.

So copying Eric's post again is just negative nonsense.
    Eric's post? I took these stats from Saturday's Racing Post. I thought Eric had stopped posting?

You may be content with Bulut's tedious, turgid, toothless brand of football, but not everyone is. Not by a long chalk.

But you carry on beating the drum as loudly as you can. The empty seats all around the CCS are telling their own story.

International

Eric's post? I took these stats from Saturday's Racing Post. I thought Eric had stopped posting?

You may be content with Bulut's tedious, turgid, toothless brand of football, but not everyone is. Not by a long chalk.

But you carry on beating the drum as loudly as you can. The empty seats all around the CCS are telling their own story.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-solitary-goal

International

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Exactly although Ugbo was better than the remainers.

We almost went down last year, lost the three best players, we were in a summer transfer embargo and some of these expect us to be in the top two!

You realise that's not the same stat? Actually, scratch that. You obviously don't.

International

You realise that's not the same stat? Actually, scratch that. You obviously don't.
    No I didn't check just as pointless though.

No I didn't check.
    Evidently.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Rotherham haven’t got any good players and they’re still more effective at scoring goals from open play than we are