+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Turning your nose up at a corner, its the future baby!!

I work for one of the largest IT companies in the world, our AI generative "stuff" is world leading in many sports and helps elevate marginal gains into significant advantages, leading to years of domination.

Footballs top teams around the world use set plays, as its a single data point, thus can help with very specific advantages. Here is one of the best teams currently in the world working on corners (the horror, a set play advantage!!!)
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/0...elp-of-google/

Cardiff city are ahead of the curve.
    You must be taking the piss.

No, we're not ahead of the curve. Yes, of course, set pieces can provide extra goals, but not to the total detriment of everything else.

Quick question - do you see our dependency on set pieces, while we are less productive in open play than the last few season's relegation strugglers, as a positive? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

No, we're not ahead of the curve. Yes, of course, set pieces can provide extra goals, but not to the total detriment of everything else.

Quick question - do you see our dependency on set pieces, while we are less productive in open play than the last few season's relegation strugglers, as a positive? Really?
    No, i see the position in the table as a positive compared to the last 2 seasons. And for what its worth, despite the style being mainly dog sh1te, this season has been more entertaining than the previous 2 as well.

Do you honestly believe that goals from set-piece are bad or anti football or something, i don't get it? You are certainly not one of these real football men, that would laugh if we hired a throw-in coach or retweet Joey Barton, i know that much.

Do a quick poll of other teams fans, pundits, players etc about Cardiff and our style for the last 6 7 season, i bet they come back with "long ball, physical, set plays". Now one guy is taking the brunt as if he single handedly dragged Cardiff's "style" to the dark ages after years of champagne football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Millwall game, won by a single goal when a header from a corner somehow found its way into the net, was a modern day classic then?
    Yeah because that's what i said! What did you do, sit on your hands and moan?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I thought you'd hung your boots up?

Or should I say Excel spreadsheet

No, i see the position in the table as a positive compared to the last 2 seasons. And for what it’s worth, despite the style being mainly dog sh1te, this season has been more entertaining than the previous 2 as well.
    That’s a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cardiff City are currently on a run of 24 league games without a victory by two or more goals. The side's last win by a two-goal margin came way back in October when the Bluebirds beat Bristol City 2-0 at the CCS.

As things stand, there are only four teams in the top five divisions of English football who are on longer runs of this nature. They are Birmingham City (21st in the Championship, 27 games), Sutton United (bottom of League Two, 27 games), Carlisle United (bottom of League One, 26 games) and Rotherham United (bottom of the Championship, 26 games).
    It’s just three teams on longer runs now - Sutton United won 3-1 on Saturday.

We've scored about 11 goals from open play in our last 31 games. We scored about 8 (I think) in the first 6 games with Ramsey starting. We must be the worst side going forwards in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    think your on the wrong board trying to explain modern techniques Flint !
    Here he is, Futsal Freddie - still an ardent Bulut fan despite the manager’s tactics and favoured style of play being the polar opposite of what he’d imagined (and I use that word deliberately).

Comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s a matter of opinion.
    Of course, and I've said as much in previous post in this thread i think, also having to extended to entertainment doesn't equal quality.

Of course, and I've said as much in previous post in this thread i think, also having to extended to entertainment doesn't equal quality.
    Is Bulut good enough to take us up? I don’t think so, and therefore watching his appalling football isn’t worth it

OK so we are good at scoring from free kicks and corners. So, my logic suggests we need to win to more corners and free kicks, because then we'll score even more goals. To do this, we need to attack sides more and take players on. This suggests we need more creative players. Because they win free kicks. I don't have the figures but Colwill seems to win a lot more free kicks for us than others. So, we can, and indeed should, play more front foot attacking football because not only is it entertaining it will win us the dead ball situations we are good at. What is clear is that playing passive, back foot, football will not help us to win more dead ball opportunities and therefore means we'll score fewer goals. Somebody tell Bulut please.