+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

As a stalker of this forum rather than a main contributor it always strikes me how romanticised football talked about on here with a large cohort. It's a brutal professional sport where every person is trying to raise their individual profile to gain larger contracts or just contracts.

Within the game, a multitude of interested professionals are monitoring every player and manager. They will write up reports that say whether Bulut has achieved more than the sum of the parts or not. He isn't going to go gung ho. He has improved us.

I agree it's dreadful, boring, attritional stuff but we are where we all hoped for at the start of the season, mid-table obscurity. Buluts' reputation has been enhanced, and so has NG's, Goutas, and maybe McGuiness other than that two fading stars in Rambo and Ralls, L1 CM's loaned out, no strikers at all. Grants has amazing work ethic, but £15 mill can't see too many top end champ clubs pestering Forest over Bowler and Colwill poses as many questions as answers. We will not be worried by summer raiders.

I just don't believe the wage bill figure knocking around socials and when Dalman referenced it for Roathboy I doubted it even more. Its a limited, attritional collection of players for an assault on the championship

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    As a stalker of this forum rather than a main contributor it always strikes me how romanticised football talked about on here with a large cohort. It's a brutal professional sport where every person is trying to raise their individual profile to gain larger contracts or just contracts.

Within the game, a multitude of interested professionals are monitoring every player and manager. They will write up reports that say whether Bulut has achieved more than the sum of the parts or not. He isn't going to go gung ho. He has improved us.

I agree it's dreadful, boring, attritional stuff but we are where we all hoped for at the start of the season, mid-table obscurity. Buluts' reputation has been enhanced, and so has NG's, Goutas, and maybe McGuiness other than that two fading stars in Rambo and Ralls, L1 CM's loaned out, no strikers at all. Grants has amazing work ethic, but £15 mill can't see too many top end champ clubs pestering Forest over Bowler and Colwill poses as many questions as answers. We will not be worried by summer raiders.

I just don't believe the wage bill figure knocking around socials and when Dalman referenced it for Roathboy I doubted it even more. Its a limited, attritional collection of players for an assault on the championship
    Yet no end of teams in all divisions working within the cut throat world of professional football play a more attractive brand of football than us despite having limitations put on them through the financial restrictions they have to operate under. Let’s be clear as well that, at home in particular, the last four years (the first of which would have seen us still receiving parachute payments) have seen football that has been unwatchable at times, it’s also been losing football in the main, although the recent run of victories might mean that we’d end up with more home wins than defeats for the first time since 19/20.

I don’t think we have the sixth biggest wage budget in the Championship either, but I can believe that it is significantly bigger than last season and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if our current position is around the same as where we stand in the wages table this season. So, sorry, I don’t buy the line that Bulut is some sort of miracle worker - for me, his record is one of playing counter attacking, set piece orientated football no matter how big the club is - unfortunately, the evidence of seven months of competitive football at Cardiff is that his sides also are very boring as well.