Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
Yes, we are worse at scoring goals from open play than the worst team in over a decade, probably longer. It is not good enough. We are the lowest scorers in the league from open play. I don't have to explain why that is bad.

I want us to win games but we're not very good at that, either. I think Bulut is a very poor manager and a win last week would not have changed my opinion. Your point about set pieces is fine, I'd be happy but set pieces should be a bonus to your goal tally, rather than the only route to a goal! Judging Bulut against other bad managers does not mean he's good, they're all crap.
I think we are agreeing, but feel i am being pushed to defend something that i am not strongly opinionated on, my quest in here was to understand fans expectation, as most across the leagues want their manager sacked, surely not all managers are bad, you think they are with your last sentence.

We are team that has a reputation as being set piece, long ball and physical. I just don't think 1 season is enough to change that, would i give Bulut another season, yes, but because we need some continuity and stability and we are above my expectations in the league. Changing things takes time sometimes. I would have liked Lamouchi to have stayed as well, same reason.

We've seen the peoples/chairman's choices of "proper football" managers being hailed and hired only to fail, like Trollope, Solskjaer, Harris and Morison.

My point, lower your expectations because what you are looking for has not been seen since Lennie Lawrence.