+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Exactly another load of nonsense the wrong type of goals now!
    Yes, there is no reason to be worried about the fact we only score 1 goal from open play every 2 games. That is a good thing actually.

No need to be concerned we have the third least shots in the league. It’s definitely sustainable!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, there is no reason to be worried about the fact we only score 1 goal from open play every 2 games. That is a good thing actually.

No need to be concerned we have the third least shots in the league. It’s definitely sustainable!
    It's not ideal but every Manager in every league has to make the most of the players they have at their disposal, that's why Warnock was a successful manager at this level, he found a way, and got the best most effective use out of limited players.

I'm not defending this Manager, I'm pointing out what a difficult job he took on and how he saved us from almost certain relegation, we were rock bottom with the three best players gone and we couldn't sign players, we need some balance from the negativity of a disappointing loss to the tramps.

He started well, but has dropped off a lot, eight games lets see what he can do?

It's not ideal but every Manager in every league has to make the most of the players they have at their disposal, that's why Warnock was a successful manager at this level, he found a way, and got the best most effective use out of limited players.

I'm not defending this Manager, I'm pointing out what a difficult job he took on and how he saved us from almost certain relegation, we were rock bottom with the three best players gone and we couldn't sign players, we need some balance from the negativity of a disappointing loss to the tramps.

He started well, but has dropped off a lot, eight games let’s see what he can do?
    Almost certain relegation? What on Earth are you on about?!

Also, relying on set pieces isn’t making the most of it. It means you are tactically inept. We have been dire for months, bar that 4 game winning streak which we were lucky to win almost all of the games. It is dire, the football is mind numbingly boring and he’s not improved more than 1 or 2 players. That’s the biggest crime. I also wouldn’t back him to sign players, we’ve signed 15 and very few are successes.

International

Almost certain relegation? What on Earth are you on about?!

Also, relying on set pieces isn’t making the most of it. It means you are tactically inept. We have been dire for months, bar that 4 game winning streak which we were lucky to win almost all of the games. It is dire, the football is mind numbingly boring and he’s not improved more than 1 or 2 players. That’s the biggest crime. I also wouldn’t back him to sign players, we’ve signed 15 and very few are successes.
    What at the end of last season, when we lost our three best players you thought, we should have a great season now, we've got a great team even without the three players that just about kept us up by the skin of our teeth, and the points deductions of two teams below us.

We can't sign any players as we have a transfer ban brilliant that's a great advantage, the three teams coming down are easy to beat, I mean they are only established Premier League teams, and the teams coming up are decent but we have Rinomhota and Swayers what can possibly go wrong, great I fancy us for top two this season we are in such strong position.

I think overall he has done a good job with the difficulties he faced and the squad and troubles he inherited, most of the recent Managers would have taken us down, we've been in decline since the promotion, Bulut stopped the inevitable drop and at least took us in the other direction.

What at the end of last season, when we lost our three best players you thought, we should have a great season now, we've got a great team even without the three players that just about kept us up by the skin of our teeth, and the points deductions of two teams below us.

We can't sign any players as we have a transfer ban brilliant that's a great advantage, the three teams coming down are easy to beat, I mean they are only established Premier League teams, and the teams coming up are decent but we have Rinomhota and Swayers what can possibly go wrong, great I fancy us for top two this season we are in such strong position.

I think overall he has done a good job with the difficulties he faced and the squad and troubles he inherited, most of the recent Managers would have taken us down, we've been in decline since the promotion, Bulut stopped the inevitable drop and at least took us in the other direction.
    Are you Erol's social media manager? What's the kickback? Per/post? Per/word? Did he find you on Fiverr?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cardiff City are currently on a run of 24 league games without a victory by two or more goals. The side's last win by a two-goal margin came way back in October when the Bluebirds beat Bristol City 2-0 at the CCS.

As things stand, there are only four teams in the top five divisions of English football who are on longer runs of this nature. They are Birmingham City (21st in the Championship, 27 games), Sutton United (bottom of League Two, 27 games), Carlisle United (bottom of League One, 26 games) and Rotherham United (bottom of the Championship, 26 games).

Before Saturday's fixtures, there was another side who were on a run of 26 league games without a victory by two or more goals, but they managed to win 2-0 at the weekend. Their name is Swansea City.
    It's fab to see you post again TLG. I like the stats and the discussions they generate. I'll knock 15% off the custom CCMB knock-off Converse if you're interested......seriously....15%'s a great deal.

we all know we needed a Striker, we did last year aswell, its no surprise we are struggling to score goals, we dont need stat's to tell us that

Now the " but we could have a decent striker but the service is poor " excuse Doesnt really work in my eyes, as a decent striker would run into spaces to receive the ball / wouldnt be out muscled every time the ball comes near them / might be able to jump and head the ball

Not sure we can blame Bulut for that, it looked like he had pinned his hopes on signing KM this Jan, it didnt come off ( yes I know he should have had a backup plan )

Of course the " Glass 1/2 empty / Love to knock the club / really should have moved on with life and found a new hobby " ( delete to suit ) folk are loving us getting beaten by the Jacks, strangely they were fairly quiet during the 4 wins on the bounce, but thats the way it is
    them 4 wins must have been a hard watch

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we all know we needed a Striker, we did last year aswell, its no surprise we are struggling to score goals, we dont need stat's to tell us that

Now the " but we could have a decent striker but the service is poor " excuse Doesnt really work in my eyes, as a decent striker would run into spaces to receive the ball / wouldnt be out muscled every time the ball comes near them / might be able to jump and head the ball

Not sure we can blame Bulut for that, it looked like he had pinned his hopes on signing KM this Jan, it didnt come off ( yes I know he should have had a backup plan )

Of course the " Glass 1/2 empty / Love to knock the club / really should have moved on with life and found a new hobby " ( delete to suit ) folk are loving us getting beaten by the Jacks, strangely they were fairly quiet during the 4 wins on the bounce, but thats the way it is
    Three of them were and the fourth one was for more than an hour - there are around thirty other such offences committed in the last six months or so to be taken into consideration as well.

A good striker always looks like everyone else does the hard work and they just stand there and finish it off.

It's far from true which is why strikers always will and always have cost more money than anyone else.

As someone else said we don't even have any league 1 strikers at the club. It's astonishing where we are in table considering the lack of quality up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    A good striker always looks like everyone else does the hard work and they just stand there and finish it off.

It's far from true which is why strikers always will and always have cost more money than anyone else.

As someone else said we don't even have any league 1 strikers at the club. It's astonishing where we are in table considering the lack of quality up front.
    Eg nobody but nobody could argue mcphail and Whittingham couldn't create when we played our best under dave jones. 6 0 Bristol away. 4 0 Leeds away. 6 0 v Derby a couple of times.

But the intelligent movement in front of them and around them.... Chopra mcormack bothroyd Burke

If mcphail or whitts were in this team who would they be creating for? Etete? Bowler?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Eg nobody but nobody could argue mcphail and Whittingham couldn't create when we played our best under dave jones. 6 0 Bristol away. 4 0 Leeds away. 6 0 v Derby a couple of times.

But the intelligent movement in front of them and around them.... Chopra mcormack bothroyd Burke

If mcphail or whitts were in this team who would they be creating for? Etete? Bowler?
    Sure is a conundrum how we continually failed at the final hurdle with that strike force.

…them 4 wins must have been a hard watch
    The entire season has been a hard watch, which is kind of the point, but that will have sailed way over your head.

I can’t imagine any City fan would have loved seeing us get beat by anyone, let alone the Jacks!

What I sense is a total frustration in the manor of how we were beaten!

The team set up, the fact that we had players hiding, the lack of response from the bench to alter things, when evidently what ever plan was discussed was out the window in the first 15 minutes.
    That feeling of frustration and disappointment is usually driven by the fact that we care and are passionate as fans about our club.

It also highlights the fact that we don’t have the right people coaching, because if you can’t inspire, influence and rally your players to be up for it for a derby, you’re in the wrong job.

Selection and tactics were all wrong, but it won’t be Buluts fault, it never is.

As fans we should expect better

Have you enjoyed watching the football we’ve played? Do you think we have the first idea what we are going to do wire the bal? Finally, how many clubs have the centre forward you want, cos there’s a handful around, if that.

Have you enjoyed watching the football we’ve played? Do you think we have the first idea what we are going to do wire the bal? Finally, how many clubs have the centre forward you want, cos there’s a handful around, if that.
    I enjoyed the games ive seen when Rambo was playing, I enjoy watching OT run at players, Its been more enjoyable than last season when we just prayed that either we got a few points or other teams were docked points, now that was not enjoyable at all

At times we have played decent football, the ball played to the winger's to attack, I still believe we just lacked a CF, with one we would be in the play-offs now

Ive been to a few Bath City games this season ( they are about 45 mins away from me ), when I have a later KO on Saturday and its nigh on impossible to get up to Cardiff, or a evening game, ive gone to Twerton Park, its been refreshing, they support the team, If beaten, they moan on the way out but you know next week they will be back, they get over 1000 a game, bigger games 1400, its a decent experience, im not sure if the football league fan has become a little too entitled in recent years, they demand to be entertained, they demand to win games, of course in a ideal world every team would play entertaining football, be pushing for promotion and given 3 pints or beer at 1/2 time, its not, ive ( in fact most of us )seen alot worse football than we see now, when we didnt expect to win, were lucky to stay up and it was a generally miserable experience

back to the non-league scene, look at the national league, its littered with ex-football league teams who we were playing only a short time ago, in 3 weeks time Bath City are playing Torquay Utd, they still play at Plainmoor, are maybe just about to go out of business, now the '93 away game V Torquay is one of my fav away days of all time, now im sure in a few weeks time I might speak to the 40 Torquay fans who drive upto Bath and ask them if they want to swap places, we all know the answer

I enjoyed the games ive seen when Rambo was playing, I enjoy watching OT run at players, Its been more enjoyable than last season when we just prayed that either we got a few points or other teams were docked points, now that was not enjoyable at all
    Ramsey has played 9 games this season. Also, if Bulut needs Ramsey to play well, God help us! Tanner needs to get his head up, and back to my failed to improve players point, he's the same (if not worse) than he was in September.

Non League football is a laugh. Not disputing that and there is definitely more to life than watching Bulut's football which is the worst I've seen in years. I wonder how many goals from open play we've scored without Ramsey on the pitch? I bet it's under 10.

I think if you did a poll in each of the 4 leagues in the English system, 80% would say they want a change of manager, are all managers bad then?

I think we've had more manager changes then clubs this season in the championship, not including short term stand-ins, its probably about 80%.

Mark Robbins is the outlier, Bulut is 8th. Give me all the stats in the world but I'd say fans are the issue not managers.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think if you did a poll in each of the 4 leagues in the English system, 80% would say they want a change of manager, are all managers bad then?

I think we've had more manager changes then clubs this season in the championship, not including short term stand-ins, its probably about 80%.

Mark Robbins is the outlier, Bulut is 8th. Give me all the stats in the world but I'd say fans are the issue not managers.
    Yes, shame on those like me who expect some fun and entertainment when watching their team play - what games or incidents from this season will people recall in twenty years time? Ipswich and Swansea at home, goals by Ramsey and Colwill perhaps, Perry Ng being top scorer if it stays that way and that’s the lot I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, shame on those like me who expect some fun and entertainment when watching their team play - what games or incidents from this season will people recall in twenty years time? Ipswich and Swansea at home, goals by Ramsey and Colwill perhaps, Perry Ng being top scorer if it stays that way and that’s the lot I reckon.
    I'm not suggesting its memorable, or entertaining, I'm suggesting fans, not just Cardiff might have wrong expectations or perhaps don't really understand the game at this level. We have constant turn over, with little to no evidence of long term success. So, why do so many fans want manager changes, why do some many clubs change managers after fan pressure. Are all managers bad, that was my question?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Beating Birmingham away without any centre backs in the team

*WARNING* Victim blaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    *WARNING* Victim blaming!
    I know, shame on me.

In realms where dreams in vibrant hues are spun,
    Two realms diverge beneath the blazing sun.
    Entertainment, beguiling, tempts the heart,
    With fleeting joys, it seeks to play its part.

Yet in this dance, a whisper may be heard,
    Of deeper worth, of values truly stirred.
    For quality, a steadfast beacon bright,
    Illuminates the path with guiding light.

Entertainment, a fleeting, transient spark,
    Brings laughter, tears, in moments stark.
    But quality, with roots that run so deep,
    Endures, a treasure that we vow to keep.

In laughter's echo, in applause that dies,
    Quality emerges, steadfast, wise.
    For in the echo of a well-told tale,
    Lies substance that will never pale.

So let us cherish both, in their own right,
    For each brings richness to our sight.
    Entertainment, with its lively play,
    And quality, with truths that never sway

I know, shame on me.

In realms where dreams in vibrant hues are spun,
    Two realms diverge beneath the blazing sun.
    Entertainment, beguiling, tempts the heart,
    With fleeting joys, it seeks to play its part.

Yet in this dance, a whisper may be heard,
    Of deeper worth, of values truly stirred.
    For quality, a steadfast beacon bright,
    Illuminates the path with guiding light.

Entertainment, a fleeting, transient spark,
    Brings laughter, tears, in moments stark.
    But quality, with roots that run so deep,
    Endures, a treasure that we vow to keep.

In laughter's echo, in applause that dies,
    Quality emerges, steadfast, wise.
    For in the echo of a well-told tale,
    Lies substance that will never pale.

So let us cherish both, in their own right,
    For each brings richness to our sight.
    Entertainment, with its lively play,
    And quality, with truths that never sway
    Now this is the kind of post I'd like to see more of. I like it. Poe? Poetry, not stats! I can see that on a tee-shirt!

My problem with Bulut is, even if he had a great striker and better midfield players he'd still be playing his anti football.
    I can stomach it against better top of the table sides but rank shite when we give them too much respect does my noodle in.
    I fear he stays gets the players he wants in the transfer window and his excuse for football continues.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Beating Birmingham away without any centre backs in the team
    That got forgotten a month later when City were stuffed by Blackburn with no centre backs in the team.