25 40.98%
  • Undecided

5 8.20%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulut - Stay or go

International

Re: Bulut - Stay or go

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I actually think that he should stay but……I don’t agree that we were good before Swansea.

We won 4 on the trot but the opposition was terrible and we didn’t exactly play well. People often talk about passing the eye test these days and Manchester United are a great example of a team who appear to be doing reasonably well results wise but are in fact a poor team.
    Four wins and a draw is good form, not pleasing on the eye but tight as a ducks arse at the back and comfortable in most games, and good against Ipswich, but I know where you are coming from

He'll have an eight game test now hopefully still with Rambo and O'Dowda let's see how he does, his job is on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Computer/desktop version to vote unfortunatly
    Should he stay or she go?
    This indecision’s killing me.
    If we don’t want him set him free
    Exactly who’s he supposed to be?….

Go. He's not going to change the type of football he wants his team to play. The football 'if you can call it football ' this season is nothing short of pathetic, lucky to string 3 passes together. No drive no energy and absolutely clueless. The games we've won we were lucky. I sit near the dugout all Bulut does is whistle as if he's rounding sheep unless it's a different whistle for each player I can't see what it achieved.

I appreciate the work he's done, but I don't think he's the guy to take us forward.

I’ve put undecided, I think the football has been poor and his tactics and at times his starting line ups and subs random.

However if Tan is planning on continuing the minimal investment in the playing squad (and no I don’t think for a second we paid 3m in January and not even sure they were buluts choices) then I think Bulut has enough to keep us safely away from relegation.

If Tan plans on investing then I think they should consider their options and see who they realistically think they can bring in for us to progress. So often you see new managers come in to “play football” and it all goes tits up, have stoke ever recovered?

Stay for me. We should have been relegated last year, so to be safe with around 10 games to go is a big improvement. The squad is much improved, aside from up top. I think a DW ent transfer window in the summer and we’ll see more improvement

I was hoping that this season we'd not be threatened by relegation at any point and would finish comfortably mid table, which it looks like he's delivered.

However, I also wanted to see something on the pitch that we could build on for a possible promotion push next season. That I can't see. The football's dreadful to watch, even when we win.

Too many of our victories come with the subtitle "how the hell did we win that?" Swansea knew exactly how to play against us on Saturday and did it comfortably, and I fear a lot more teams will also work it out next season, so those sort of victories dry up.

And there's no plan B.

You could argue that it could be different with a handful of summer signings, but I really can't see the formation or tactics changing, whoever's in the squad.

I personally wouldn't extend his contract, but god knows who would come in instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Should he stay or she go?
    This indecision’s killing me.
    If we don’t want him set him free
    Exactly who’s he supposed to be?….
    I'm guessing you live in Newport then.

He has to go. The football is appalling and the negative approach to games is soul destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He has to go. The football is appalling and the negative approach to games is soul destroying.
    But still a much much more comfortable season than last.

So be careful what we wish for? We are far more likely to end up with another Steve Morison than a Steve Cooper, if Bulut leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    However if Tan is planning on continuing the minimal investment in the playing squad (and no I don’t think for a second we paid 3m in January and not even sure they were buluts choices) then I think Bulut has enough to keep us safely away from relegation.
    Bulut is getting away with murder because of this myth. Dalman says we have the 6th highest wage bill in the league. In 12 months time, we’ll have proof in the accounts. Our wage bill is going to be huge compared to last season, and we are extremely close to FFP limits, hence we are spending as much as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bulut is getting away with murder because of this myth. Dalman says we have the 6th highest wage bill in the league. In 12 months time, we’ll have proof in the accounts. Our wage bill is going to be huge compared to last season, and we are extremely close to FFP limits, hence we are spending as much as we can.
    I still can’t believe that sixth highest wage bill in the Championship remark from Dalman, how.could he know that for sure when so many clubs had not even published their 22/23 accounts at the time? What I can believe is that our wage bill has increased by a lot and it may well be enough to begin the job of changing our playing style to a more attractive, and effective, one if our manager was so minded. Let’s not forget as well that it’s been widely reported that Turnbull could end up costing us £2 million in transfer fees (I don’t know about a million for Horvarth, my understanding was he was a free transfer signing).

I voted Bulut should go for no other reason than the prospect of more of the same quality of football as this season fills me with dread.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still can’t believe that sixth highest wage bill in the Championship remark from Dalman, how.could he know that for sure when so many clubs had not even published their 22/23 accounts at the time? What I can believe is that our wage bill has increased by a lot and it may well be enough to begin the job of changing our playing style to a more attractive, and effective, one if our manager was so minded. Let’s not forget as well that it’s been widely reported that Turnbull could end up costing us £2 million in transfer fees (I don’t know about a million for Horvarth, my understanding was he was a free transfer signing).

I voted Bulut should go for no other reason than the prospect of more of the same quality of football as this season fills me with dread.
    The frustration I have with Buluts team set up, is that he seems convinced that the safety first approach is the only way.

He’s never going to produce a team that plays any other way even if he was given an open cheque book imho

He’s bored the pants off a lot of fans with the negative approach, if he can’t adapt and coach the team any other way what’s the point in keeping him here.

We have a creative player in Colwill and yet Bulut seems to have more intent in trying to turn him into a Defensive Midfielder than an attacking player

I’ve said before that we don’t have a huge number of players who can play football and entertain or excite the crowd, we do have enough players with limited talent who can play one way only to instructions, maybe Bulut finds that a whole lot easier to work with.

If he’s here next season and I hope he isn’t, just expect more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I'm guessing you live in Newport then.
    Nope. Song by The Clash.

I still don’t believe that and I thought he was referencing an article, I don’t see how he can be accurate and know that when like you say others accounts aren’t even out yet

Although it was probably expected wages would increase under the embargo as they tried to get players in when choosing from a tiny percentage of the market.

The club will have an idea what others are paying. Also it shows that the club are spending an awful lot more on wages than they have in recent seasons regardless of their actual position in the list of wages.

I’m just trying to say, we aren’t doing this on the cheap and that’s the main reason why he should go along with the pedestrian, negative football he’s served up. I have no faith in him signing good players either, some of the “game changers” he’s signed have been anything but.

I still don’t believe that and I thought he was referencing an article, I don’t see how he can be accurate and know that when like you say others accounts aren’t even out yet

Although it was probably expected wages would increase under the embargo as they tried to get players in when choosing from a tiny percentage of the market.
    So we are spending money then?! How many clubs actually paid fees this season? Hardly any

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well this might surprise you but I can see people's concerns

What worries me is what happens next
    When Warnock was here, his tactics were rather one dimensional.

When he left, the squad appeared to struggle with new ideas.

If Bulut decides not to carry on, the squad he leaves will be far better equipped to cope with the demands of 'modern' Championship football.

I believe that the squad is a good striker and play-maker away from being a force next season.

(Beginning to sound like Keyser, sorry)

I really don't think we're top half spenders on wages either. Even if we are anywhere near it's not because of OUR wage structure but vecause we've been forced into using the loan market much more than we ever have.

I also did some calculations on another post reguarding our transfer fees and we're actually in profit by a few million since we were relagated from the prem.

For me he has to stay - our recent model of chopping and changing managers recent hasn't worked out well.

So we are spending money then?! How many clubs actually paid fees this season? Hardly any
    Of course we are spending money, did I say otherwise? Bit confused how your response relates to what I said.

If we wanted a good manager along the likes of Cooper whose name keeps popping up then we would imo need to offer him a project where he can spent more than we have been in my opinion.

I don’t know the figures but clubs have obviously been paying fees even if minimal, also the fact we couldn’t pay a loan fee probably hurt us even more in the summer. Then some small but needed investment in January.

But it’s all swings an round about, Bulut has an embargo in the summer when most of the rebuilding work would have need to be done, fair enough if you don’t think that’s much of an issue, to me it’s a huge one for a club and manager. January he was promised something and got something different so I can see why he was disappointed.

That’s not to say Bulut doesn’t have his negatives which have been mentioned throughout this thread by me and others. Just because you don’t like a manager it doesn’t mean you have to change the narrative and twist things to use against him. Just see it for what he is, if he’s replaced then I don’t think many will complain. Not everything has to be 100% negative or 100% positive there is a middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    When Warnock was here, his tactics were rather one dimensional.

When he left, the squad appeared to struggle with new ideas.

If Bulut decides not to carry on, the squad he leaves will be far better equipped to cope with the demands of 'modern' Championship football.

I believe that the squad is a good striker and play-maker away from being a force next season.

(Beginning to sound like Keyser, sorry)
    I think the problem is we don't necessarily need a 25 goal striker

Just 15

And clearly its the midfield that hasn't been creating the chances

I like our defensive midfielders, it's the play makers we struggle with

Of course we are spending money, did I say otherwise? Bit confused how your response relates to what I said.

If we wanted a good manager along the likes of Cooper whose name keeps popping up then we would imo need to offer him a project where he can spent more than we have been in my opinion.

I don’t know the figures but clubs have obviously been paying fees even if minimal, also the fact we couldn’t pay a loan fee probably hurt us even more in the summer. Then some small but needed investment in January.

But it’s all swings an round about, Bulut has an embargo in the summer when most of the rebuilding work would have need to be done, fair enough if you don’t think that’s much of an issue, to me it’s a huge one for a club and manager. January he was promised something and got something different so I can see why he was disappointed.

That’s not to say Bulut doesn’t have his negatives which have been mentioned throughout this thread by me and others. Just because you don’t like a manager it doesn’t mean you have to change the narrative and twist things to use against him. Just see it for what he is, if he’s replaced then I don’t think many will complain. Not everything has to be 100% negative or 100% positive there is a middle ground.
    You said there has been minimal investment. That is not true. Bulut has not developed a playing style or developed any of our current players. He didn’t get everyone he wanted? Tough. That does not mean he shouldn’t develop the players he has. We are never, ever going to get promoted unless someone improves the players we have as we will never be able to compete financially with the clubs that get relegated, so we will never be able to get sign a side containing 11 top players at this level. That’s why I think he’s shit. There’s no middle ground, he’s not done a middle ground job like Lamouchi did as there is nothing to look forward to. I think he will sign better players that do the same job he wants, and I don’t think it will work. Even players he 100% wanted like Siopis have gone backwards under him.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think the problem is we don't necessarily need a 25 goal striker

Just 15

And clearly its the midfield that hasn't been creating the chances

I like our defensive midfielders, it's the play makers we struggle with
    No centre forward has got close to 25 goals this season. If Bulut is waiting for even a 15 goal striker, we are going to wait for quite some time. The top scoring centre forward has 13, its Haji Wright. He cost 7m.

Go.

Simply down to the football.

I agree we are in a good position in the league, I disagree with people saying we couldn't have done better as we had an embargo..what money did other teams down in the relegation zone spent over the summer? Embargo or not other clubs are SKINT! People talk like we performed some sort of miracle in the transfer window because all the other clubs had money to spend and we didn't? I don't buy it.
    I don't think we did awful business, I just think people are laying it on rather thick and exaggerating the circumstances.

I like the idea of stability and letting one manager have time to build, I like Bulut he's not a bad bloke and he hasn't done a terrible job, I am just sick to death with the football we serve up. How come other clubs don't need multiple windows to change the playing style? People say he will change it as he gets the players he wants, but as Bob and others have pointed out he was negative at every other club before he came here!

GONE.

You said there has been minimal investment. That is not true. Bulut has not developed a playing style or developed any of our current players. He didn’t get everyone he wanted? Tough. That does not mean he shouldn’t develop the players he has. We are never, ever going to get promoted unless someone improves the players we have as we will never be able to compete financially with the clubs that get relegated, so we will never be able to get sign a side containing 11 top players at this level. That’s why I think he’s shit. There’s no middle ground, he’s not done a middle ground job like Lamouchi did as there is nothing to look forward to. I think he will sign better players that do the same job he wants, and I don’t think it will work. Even players he 100% wanted like Siopis have gone backwards under him.

I disagree I think it’s been minimal investment and stand by my points above. Also think Colwill has improved massively under him.

But agree with most of the rest and said as much previously.

I do think he’s a better manager than Lamouchi though.