+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Bulut left, which of these available manager would you choose?

If Bulut left, which of these available manager would you choose?

The list is not too bad actually. Assume buying out an existing coach is not an option, and paying off Bulut is viable. Which body would you drag through the doors next (that are realistic)?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik

For me, Graham Potter, Steve Cooper or Michael Beale. All three have:

1. Excellent connections to the FA and / or clubs with good academies - good for loans and recruitment
    2. All three have good playing styles, and had success with it in this division or above
    3. All have had success in implementing good styles.
    4. All are familiar with good structures, data and performance analysis, and have the right network of people to draw on
    in those coaching circles if they need further help
    5. All familiar with demands of football and opponents in this division and above

None are without risk but all have the above merits. Those are my calls from the available list.

Re: If Bulut left, which of these available manager would you choose?

We’d never get the first two and Beale, God no.

International

Potter and Cooper certainly, but realistically would they come here?

Not sure on Beale, did well at QPR used them, and not so good at Rangers and poor at Sunderland, not sure he is better than what we have.

I wouldn't trust Tan and Dalman to get anyone better than Bulut but time will tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I didn't like Beale when he was flavour of the month at QPR. Like him much less since then.

If Bulut goes we need a manager who is both a coach and tactician, and someone who can manage upwards to Vincent Tan. A hard ask even for experienced managers.

Cooper and Potter will be looking further up the food chain.

We should be looking at someone like Kieran McKenna when he joined Ipswich - someone who is part of a high quality coaching team in a top league, who is ambitious and astute, who works well with developing youth players. I don't care if i have never herd his (or her!) name before. And bring in an experienced older head alongside. And a Director of Football!

Or Craig Bellamy.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I didn't like Beale when he was flavour of the month at QPR. Like him much less since then.

If Bulut goes we need a manager who is both a coach and tactician, and someone who can manage upwards to Vincent Tan. A hard ask even for experienced managers.

Cooper and Potter will be looking further up the food chain.

We should be looking at someone like Kieran McKenna when he joined Ipswich - someone who is part of a high quality coaching team in a top league, who is ambitious and astute, who works well with developing youth players. I don't care if i have never herd his (or her!) name before. And bring in an experienced older head alongside. And a Director of Football!

Or Craig Bellamy.
    We desperately need a coach. That has to be the number one requirement, can they improve the players we have. Morison, Hudson and Bulut have failed miserably in that. I think Lamouchi did to a degree with Philogene etc.

I would like to see us go for someone like Evatt at Bolton, or Mousinho at Pompey. Whether the latter would come, I'm not sure but Schumacher left Plymouth for Stoke so maybe he would. I think it is too much of a risk but Pete Wild has done brilliant jobs everywhere he's been. Barrow to Cardiff is a massive, massive jump though so I wouldn't pull the trigger.

If Wednesday go down, Danny Rohl?

Edit: If they stay up I assume he'd stay. They've been described as a L1 team but seem to have improved under him. He's 34 and was part of the Bayern and Germany coaching team.

Very early days but Michael Skubala has done an incredible job at Lincoln. They are flying.

I wanted Beale here back in the summer of 2022, that was a mistake - he might be a good coach, but he’s not made a good job of the jump to manager and he comes over as not a very nice human being. I’d be happy with one of Cooper or Potter mind, but it’s not going to happen is it.

In what world would Graham Potter come here

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In what world would Graham Potter come here
    1. He has been out of work for a while.
    2. His last job didn’t cover him in glory (although I blame the owner)
    3. Nobody is else is in for him recently
    4. He loves a project, where he can implement structures data and coach philosophies
    5. He is a coach that has operated in lower tier of Pl and upper Championship

It’s not an unrealistic bid. The money might be a sticking point but you offer a chunk of promotion earnings as the upside.

Frig me Beale would be an appalling appointment.

Can we just stick with Bulet?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

I want to enjoy the football again, and that hasn't been the case for a good few years now.

I'd go for Steve Cooper. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they were already talking to him. Problem is, what would the fans think, if he was appointed?

That.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

rather see the tea lady on the touchline. Are you a cricket supporter by any chance? i watch football to be entertained

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd go for Steve Cooper. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they were already talking to him. Problem is, what would the fans think, if he was appointed?
    Cooper’s a City fan, his Swansea history wouldn’t bother me in the slightest - the same would apply with Potter. They’re both good managers and, maybe more importantly, coaches- I’d say Cooper in particular has a history of improving players as well. However, as I said earlier, I’d say our chances of getting either of them are negligible - even if we were willing to pay them what they wanted, there’s the would you work for Vincent Tan factor to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    rather see the tea lady on the touchline. Are you a cricket supporter by any chance? i watch football to be entertained
    And where has Beale done that.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Cooper is a Cardiff City fan. So was his father Keith Cooper the ex-referee. There is no conflict of interest here. Interests would be well and truly aligned. Cooper has a massive motivation to come here that perhaps only the likes of Nathan Jones, Tony Pulis and Craig Bellamy would have. Except Cooper is quality.

The chance to take your own club up to the Premiership? I bet my house Coops would be interested and I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Cooper. Forest are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Cooper is a Cardiff City fan. So was his father Keith Cooper the ex-referee. There is no conflict of interest here. Interests would be well and truly aligned. Cooper has a massive motivation to come here that perhaps only the likes of Nathan Jones, Tony Pulis and Craig Bellamy would have. Except Cooper is quality.

The chance to take your own club up to the Premiership? I bet my house Coops would be interested and I’d take him in a heartbeat.

We desperately need a coach. That has to be the number one requirement, can they improve the players we have. Morison, Hudson and Bulut have failed miserably in that. I think Lamouchi did to a degree with Philogene etc.

I would like to see us go for someone like Evatt at Bolton, or Mousinho at Pompey. Whether the latter would come, I'm not sure but Schumacher left Plymouth for Stoke so maybe he would. I think it is too much of a risk but Pete Wild has done brilliant jobs everywhere he's been. Barrow to Cardiff is a massive, massive jump though so I wouldn't pull the trigger.
    Maybe he's really into bluebirds?

No chance we'd get Potter, he'll be lined up for the England job I suspect

Cooper maybe an outside bet, I can't see him getting another Premier League job or one of the relegated clubs going for him. Once you discount clubs with parachute payments we're probably one of the more attractive Championship clubs

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wanted Beale here back in the summer of 2022, that was a mistake - he might be a good coach, but he’s not made a good job of the jump to manager and he comes over as not a very nice human being. I’d be happy with one of Cooper or Potter mind, but it’s not going to happen is it.
    I would agree Bob that out of the three, Beale is the weakest candidate. It it were Beale or Bulut I think it is neck a neck, but Beale would at least improve the style and be good at sourcing and improving youngsters: the edge over Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    The list is not too bad actually. Assume buying out an existing coach is not an option, and paying off Bulut is viable. Which body would you drag through the doors next (that are realistic)?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik

For me, Graham Potter, Steve Cooper or Michael Beale. All three have:

1. Excellent connections to the FA and / or clubs with good academies - good for loans and recruitment
    2. All three have good playing styles, and had success with it in this division or above
    3. All have had success in implementing good styles.
    4. All are familiar with good structures, data and performance analysis, and have the right network of people to draw on
    in those coaching circles if they need further help
    5. All familiar with demands of football and opponents in this division and above

None are without risk but all have the above merits. Those are my calls from the available list.
    Cooper but it will never happen so this thread is a bit pointless.

Luton get relegated, sack Rob Edwards & we snap him up. Simple.