Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
It should be treated as a disease because it obviously is one. And it's also obvious that these people need help not punishment. Has Ivan Toney's 10 month ban cured him of his addiction? I doubt it. Gambling advertising, shouldn't be allowed on shirts, in stadiums or on TV. It's ridiculous.

I once worked with a bloke who gambled on his phone all day. He gambled on sports he had no idea about. He even gambled on cricket. I can't remember who he bet on, but he thought his team was going to win because they had over 100 points and the other team didn't have any. I tried to explain cricket to him, but I might as well have been speaking to him in Welsh.
You can bet on things like college football/basketball etc who the **** in the UK is really going to have a clue what they're betting on?
Womens basketball league in the UK etc. People just see odds and are desperate to win. People need help, sadly there are too many ignorant idiots with opinions that think they are better than others, and its just as easy as "not betting on football"
With ignorance like that around, theres a long long way to go to getting these issues fixed sadly.