+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 4 - 1 FINLAND. Match thread

International

Re: FT: WALES 4 - 1 FINLAND. Match thread

Four one, outstanding what a start to each half, that was very entertaining, what pace and they took all the goals well and it should have been five!

Well done Rob Page, you did a great job there now follow it up with a good performance on Tuesday

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    After witnessing our rock solid City defence all season, it was concerning to see the Wales defenders a bit shaky but in return we were treated to an attack that looked like scoring every time they moved forward. That was a sight for sore eyes.
    Harry Wilson, what a player! and Brooks!

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I do agree. My preference would be for Ampadu to man mark Lewandowski and just keep him out of the game. Our defence looked clueless at times yesterday
    Didn't score yesterday, did he?

Leaving space for the others probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Poland are poor away from home. We are very strong at home and have qualified for the past two finals by winning play offs in Cardiff. Think we will edge it.
    You really have put the jinx on it now.

International

What Cardiff players would get in the team if they were automatically Welsh?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Phillips/Goutas and Ng would probably be in the squad. Toss up for me if Phillips is better than Mepham and would start. Ng would be a good backup for the Davies role as the third CB.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Phillips/Goutas and Ng would probably be in the squad. Toss up for me if Phillips is better than Mepham and would start. Ng would be a good backup for the Davies role as the third CB.
    Yes I agree probably our best three players, Phillips would probably edge it and be the only one.

Horvath perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I would start Ng ahead of Roberts any day.

Maybe Horvarth and Goutas.

I think there would be plenty in the squad - look at the players who were on the bench and didn't come on, we have plenty of players better than that standard

Didn't score yesterday, did he?

Leaving space for the others probably.

Two and a half assists

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would start Ng ahead of Roberts any day.

Maybe Horvarth and Goutas.

I think there would be plenty in the squad - look at the players who were on the bench and didn't come on, we have plenty of players better than that standard
    Ng, Horvath, Phillips and probably Ralls get in the squad

Not a chance any of our forwards get in

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ng, Horvath, Phillips and probably Ralls get in the squad

Not a chance any of our forwards get in
    Yeah forwards perhaps not, Grant would possibly be ahead of Matondo or Broadhead though

Most of our central midfielders would be ahead of Savage, Sheehan or Levitt

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You really have put the jinx on it now.
    Last team they beat in an away game was us

Yeah forwards perhaps not, Grant would possibly be ahead of Matondo or Broadhead though

Most of our central midfielders would be ahead of Savage, Sheehan or Levitt
    Nathan Broadhead who's a regular at Ipswich? He might get in ahead of Matondo, but not Broadhead

Yeah I'd probably agree on the midfield, although I don't think any of our midfielders come close to starting for Wales, Ampadu in particular is streets ahead of what we can offer

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nathan Broadhead who's a regular at Ipswich? He might get in ahead of Matondo, but not Broadhead

Yeah I'd probably agree on the midfield, although I don't think any of our midfielders come close to starting for Wales, Ampadu in particular is streets ahead of what we can offer
    Oh yeah I wouldn't have any of them starting, but if Savage and Sheehan can get in the squad then obviously Ralls, Wintle or Siopis can

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Men against boys, even with 11. Poland will be a very tough nut Tuesday.

Oh yeah I wouldn't have any of them starting, but if Savage and Sheehan can get in the squad then obviously Ralls, Wintle or Siopis can
    Yeah, tad harsh on Sheehan though. Bad luck with injuries and probably a better technical player than what we have in midfield, been excellent for Bolton this season by all accounts. With any luck he and Morrell will be playing Championship football next season

Savage shouldn't be in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Men against boys, even with 11. Poland will be a very tough nut Tuesday.
    Yes they have far more players playing at the highest level, it will be a tough ask for us

It'll be a close game but Poland were planying a much weaker team with 10 men for 65 minutes.

Not sure it's been mentioned but what was Ampadu doing to their defender while we were waiting to take the free kick for the 2nd goal? He got a warning from the ref. Bit of avant garde shithousery?

Probably enticing the Fins over to his side of the goal knowing full well the ball would be heading to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Probably enticing the Fins over to his side of the goal knowing full well the ball would be heading to the other side.
    It was actually quite funny cos the ref called him out, so he put his arms behind his back, and when Neco scored he was still standing there with his hands behind his back as he watched the ball fly into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was actually quite funny cos the ref called him out, so he put his arms behind his back, and when Neco scored he was still standing there with his hands behind his back as he watched the ball fly into the net.

As he was doing that I thought everyone is going to be royally pissed off if he gives away a free kick for no reason as Wilson smashes one into the top corner. Thankfully he was smart enough to stop the extra curriculars after the warning.

Ref was a bit of a stickler the whole game, fair play to him giving a yellow for obvious simulation where many refs wouldn't but I'm still not sure what Mepham did to get his yellow and I was worried he was going to give out a second at any point, he didn't seem to like the talking back we were doing.