Thread: FT: WALES 4 - 1 FINLAND. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 4 - 1 FINLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    to be fair to Christian Roberts I don't blame him for being rusty

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The 20 minute period after our first goal was very subdued. Finland were just able to pass the ball around at will with no-one challenging them for it. A better team would have walked straight through us. Christian Roberts seemed to be lacking a bit of pace which is a worry ahead of Tuesday.
    Great result but Poland will be a different challenge.
    Christian Roberts was he playing?

I do agree. My preference would be for Ampadu to man mark Lewandowski and just keep him out of the game. Our defence looked clueless at times yesterday
    After witnessing our rock solid City defence all season, it was concerning to see the Wales defenders a bit shaky but in return we were treated to an attack that looked like scoring every time they moved forward. That was a sight for sore eyes.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    After witnessing our rock solid City defence all season, it was concerning to see the Wales defenders a bit shaky but in return we were treated to an attack that looked like scoring every time they moved forward. That was a sight for sore eyes.
    Harry Wilson, what a player! and Brooks!

International

What Cardiff players would get in the team if they were automatically Welsh?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Phillips/Goutas and Ng would probably be in the squad. Toss up for me if Phillips is better than Mepham and would start. Ng would be a good backup for the Davies role as the third CB.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Phillips/Goutas and Ng would probably be in the squad. Toss up for me if Phillips is better than Mepham and would start. Ng would be a good backup for the Davies role as the third CB.
    Yes I agree probably our best three players, Phillips would probably edge it and be the only one.

I would start Ng ahead of Roberts any day.

Maybe Horvarth and Goutas.

I think there would be plenty in the squad - look at the players who were on the bench and didn't come on, we have plenty of players better than that standard

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would start Ng ahead of Roberts any day.

Maybe Horvarth and Goutas.

I think there would be plenty in the squad - look at the players who were on the bench and didn't come on, we have plenty of players better than that standard
    Ng, Horvath, Phillips and probably Ralls get in the squad

Not a chance any of our forwards get in

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Horvath perhaps.

International

Four one, outstanding what a start to each half, that was very entertaining, what pace and they took all the goals well and it should have been five!

Well done Rob Page, you did a great job there now follow it up with a good performance on Tuesday

Men against boys, even with 11. Poland will be a very tough nut Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Men against boys, even with 11. Poland will be a very tough nut Tuesday.
    Yes they have far more players playing at the highest level, it will be a tough ask for us

It'll be a close game but Poland were planying a much weaker team with 10 men for 65 minutes.

Not sure it's been mentioned but what was Ampadu doing to their defender while we were waiting to take the free kick for the 2nd goal? He got a warning from the ref. Bit of avant garde shithousery?

Probably enticing the Fins over to his side of the goal knowing full well the ball would be heading to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Probably enticing the Fins over to his side of the goal knowing full well the ball would be heading to the other side.
    It was actually quite funny cos the ref called him out, so he put his arms behind his back, and when Neco scored he was still standing there with his hands behind his back as he watched the ball fly into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was actually quite funny cos the ref called him out, so he put his arms behind his back, and when Neco scored he was still standing there with his hands behind his back as he watched the ball fly into the net.

As he was doing that I thought everyone is going to be royally pissed off if he gives away a free kick for no reason as Wilson smashes one into the top corner. Thankfully he was smart enough to stop the extra curriculars after the warning.

Ref was a bit of a stickler the whole game, fair play to him giving a yellow for obvious simulation where many refs wouldn't but I'm still not sure what Mepham did to get his yellow and I was worried he was going to give out a second at any point, he didn't seem to like the talking back we were doing.

As he was doing that I thought everyone is going to be royally pissed off if he gives away a free kick for no reason as Wilson smashes one into the top corner. Thankfully he was smart enough to stop the extra curriculars after the warning.

Ref was a bit of a stickler the whole game, fair play to him giving a yellow for obvious simulation where many refs wouldn't but I'm still not sure what Mepham did to get his yellow and I was worried he was going to give out a second at any point, he didn't seem to like the talking back we were doing.
    Mepham was mouthing off to the ref all game, he was warned about 3 times, before getting booked

The fella is an accident waiting to happen, not looking forward to Tuesday with him trying to defend and that square ball straight to a Finnish player, well a Polish player will bury that

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Not sure it's been mentioned but what was Ampadu doing to their defender while we were waiting to take the free kick for the 2nd goal? He got a warning from the ref. Bit of avant garde shithousery?
    That was quite funny tbf. He was doing everything he could without using his arms to disrupt the defender. Basically looked like a rutting stag.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That was quite funny tbf. He was doing everything he could without using his arms to disrupt the defender. Basically looked like a rutting stag.