Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Just a personal view, but, from what I read and saw about Emiliano Sala I don’t think he would have scored the goals to keep us up and I wonder how much importance the judge would place on the findings of Analytics FC? Although Sala was in the form of his life when he signed for us, he was very much a hunch of Neil Warnock’s who has a thing about “ugly duckling” footballers - he’d probably admit himself that his record when it comes to signing centre forwards isn’t great.

When all’s said and done though it’s incredible and so tragic that our record signing did not kick a ball for the club and it se3ms to me that all we were guilty of was carelessness with the paperwork for the transfer and a degree of counting our chickens in announcing he was our player.
From what I seen he just seemed like the player we needed, he had all the attributes our style needed. We did probably paid premium and it was a risk but that’s football, if it was a cheap easy transfer everyone would have took a gamble. I was excited at the time. But in the end we just don’t know how he would have performed.

I suppose it’s like the malky would have kept us up debate, no one will ever know.

Just all so sad how it ended.