+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Todays Games.....

Re: Todays Games.....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Stockport v MK Dons just started, big game at the top of the table. Enjoying my League 2 day.
    Good entertainment isn't it? Passionate crowd, small ground. Stockport have really stepped it up a notch since that first goal went in.

I remember going on the supporters bus to Edgley Park on a Friday night in the '80s. I think we lost 1-0.

Stockport v MK Dons just started, big game at the top of the table. Enjoying my League 2 day.
    Me too. Love L2 footie. Stockport 3 up against MKD

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Good entertainment isn't it? Passionate crowd, small ground. Stockport have really stepped it up a notch since that first goal went in.

I remember going on the supporters bus to Edgley Park on a Friday night in the '80s. I think we lost 1-0.
    That’s what I was saying for the early KO on Sky. Mansfield ground full and it was on TV too. Colchester spoiled the party though.

Obviously otherwise engaged usually on a match day so haven’t got much of a clue of the lower divisions. The two I’ve followed today, albeit involving teams near the top, I’ve been impressed by the crowd’s passion. Brings it home that our three EFL divisions need protection, certainly financially, the clubs mean so much to local communities, poor buggers sat in lashing rain at one end of Edgeley Park. The commentators just mentioned how wet the fans were getting and the roof above them has started leaking Must be a thing, leaking rooves, at Greater Manchester stadiums.

Football isn’t all about the Prem Prima Donnas, club’s have to be treated fairly financially for the fans sakes, if nothing else.
    Well said! 👍🏆

I watched Mansfield v Colchester not bad. It was a bit like watching us, trying to play neat and tidy football without capable players.

No there's nothing on until Ireland v Belgium. Why are they playing night games on a Saturday?
    Aden Flint played for them. Hadn’t realised he’d dropped down to L2.

That was nicely taken.

That was nicely taken.
    He’s Welsh too !

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Good looking crowd again....a draw would be good for Wrexham...
    That result couldn't have gone any better for Wrexham. A 3 point gap between them in 3rd and MKD in 4th. A game in hand and a goal difference of +13.

If only England could shoot

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If only England could shoot
    If only Brazil could.....!! They should have had three. Really...I am asking myself...what games have I enjoyed today....The England game with clearly more skillful players (even if they play Gallagher and Chilwell and Maguire...) but pretty unexciting... or the sheer effort and enthusiasm of the lower leagues....for me..the latter.

If only Brazil could.....!! They should have had three. Really...I am asking myself...what games have I enjoyed today....The England game with clearly more skillful players (even if they play Gallagher and Chilwell and Maguire...) but pretty unexciting... or the sheer effort and enthusiasm of the lower leagues....for me..the latter.
    I enjoyed the women’s game at dinner time, Man City3 Man Utd1

This half time woman...Jill Scott.....someone ought to point out to her that it's not actually Ingerland....

I’m done with the football now. Just watched the second ever episode of Steptoe & Son, The Piano 1962. Really enjoyed that too

England go 1 down and fall apart

me too tbh

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    England go 1 down and fall apart
    Brazil's goalscorer is only 17.

Austria score after 6 seconds:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Austria score after 6 seconds:

Wow

I like the caption "Baumgartner: 1 goal in this match" too.

What to watch today???
    This should be an interesting one later.....

16:15
    The New Saints v Airdrieonians
    SPFL Trust Trophy Final
    BBC AlbaS4CBBC iPlayerS4C OnlineBBC Sport Website

TNS - Airdrie......not a bad game ...should be 1-0...sitter missed.
    Just looked at heir record this season.....bloody hell...
    TNS.JPG

1 -0 ....winger to the byline...cross....good finish....can we get this manager??...and maybe some of these players!!!

Sooo much better than PL and England game....far more honest....winger could have gone down for a pen...but no...he got up and crossed.....

1 -0 ....winger to the byline...cross....good finish....can we get this manager??...and maybe some of these players!!!

Sooo much better than PL and England game....far more honest....winger could have gone down for a pen...but no...he got up and crossed.....
    Good, open game at the moment. Where’s it being played, Falkirk?

Equaliser for Airdrie - I’m enjoying this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good, open game at the moment. Where’s it being played, Falkirk?

Equaliser for Airdrie - I’m enjoying this.
    Yes Falkirk.....pitch looks good and stadium not bad....very enjoyable...although TNS looking a bit rattled in defence right now...

TNS second best right now..

1-2 ...new territory now....