+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Need some skirting board made up...

Need some skirting board made up...

It's not ogee or torus so presumably need it making up somewhere. Alexis joinery in Cardiff want £90 to set their machine up for starters and as I only need about a foot it seems it'll be expensive.Any ideas? Cheers

Re: Need some skirting board made up...

Try FW Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It's not ogee or torus so presumably need it making up somewhere. Alexis joinery in Cardiff want £90 to set their machine up for starters and as I only need about a foot it seems it'll be expensive.Any ideas? Cheers
    Have you got a piece of it that you could remove in one piece. Make a mould of it and then make a plaster cast.

Obvious question, but I assume you've looked online at the various skirting board selling sites that have a huge range of different profiles/designs?

Save time, money and effort, stick a chair or sideboard in front of it

Skirting Board Cover Ogee Sample - Ambassador Skirting...
    Lots on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post

only about a foot, I would be looking at a cheap plough plane and getting it very close with that, then sand to smooth

failing that some carving chisels ( even cheaper ) and getting it close

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    only about a foot, I would be looking at a cheap plough plane and getting it very close with that, then sand to smooth

failing that some carving chisels ( even cheaper ) and getting it close
    Some carving chisels?

The OP is probably thinking to himself.... "Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that. I'll just select one from my extensive collection of chisels in the shed".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Some carving chisels?

The OP is probably thinking to himself.... "Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that. I'll just select one from my extensive collection of chisels in the shed".
    a set of cheap woodcarving chisels will be under 15 quid, it'll had a foot of pine into a close enough shape to sand smooth

done it plenty of times on small obscure sections of moulding

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a set of cheap woodcarving chisels will be under 15 quid, it'll had a foot of pine into a close enough shape to sand smooth

done it plenty of times on small obscure sections of moulding
    But wouldn't it require some know-how to do it?