+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you do this?

Could you do this?

Re: Could you do this?

I read somewhere that research shows that the longer a race goes on (Endurance) That women can start to out perform men. There's another Woman who does this kind of thing and she serves the mens arses on a plate. So, if a football match went on for four days then Cardiff City Women would beat their male counterparts, on evidence, 90 minutes would probably do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I read somewhere that research shows that the longer a race goes on (Endurance) That women can start to out perform men. There's another Woman who does this kind of thing and she serves the mens arses on a plate. So, if a football match went on for four days then Cardiff City Women would beat their male counterparts, on evidence, 90 minutes would probably do it.
    Considering the whole article is about how she is the only women to ever complete the race that logic does not really stack up lol.

Bulut would try and keep it tight for the first three days.

An amazing achievement.
    I love the little quirks and rules about the race, like the entry fee and how the race is started.

of course i could.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Considering the whole article is about how she is the only women to ever complete the race that logic does not really stack up lol.
    But as has already been mentioned, over time women will eventually overtake men in endurance events.

Football isnt an endurance sport tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Fcuking easy, I could do that in half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Bulut would try and keep it tight for the first three days.

What an incredible achievement!

I couldn't even think about doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    What an incredible achievement!
    Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I couldn't even think about doing it.
    I thought about it earlier and had a little lie down afterwards. Was pretty exhausting.

These kind of things amaze me. I've done a marathon. If I had trained more and if someone put a gun to my head or waved a million pounds in front of me I probably could have completed two, with lots of walking. To do four, in ridiculous terrain is insane. Eddie Izzard and the like doing endless marathons on consecutive days is also absolutely incredible.

I think that research might be just a bit wrong.

The Women’s WR for a marathon is 2:11:53, over 11 minutes slower than the Men’s WR.

In competitions, men have run a marathon in under 2:11:53 over 2500 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

The Women’s WR for a marathon is 2:11:53, over 11 minutes slower than the Men’s WR.

The longer a race goes on, that's where it levels out apparently. My reply was pretty anecdotal. I'm sure the evidence was based around muscle recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3680...%20top%20women.

It’s more to do with endurance trail running which is not the same as traditional Olympic style marathons.

The longer a race goes on, that's where it levels out apparently. My reply was pretty anecdotal. I'm sure the evidence was based around muscle recovery.
    I can see the gap closing, but I don't know if women become better than men.

There's a good book called Born To Run about ultra runners and offroad runners etc, though it's a long time since I read it. There was one person that the author kept going on about, a US female who was apparently really good at running down hill and could do it better than most men. But she wasn't winning races, just very competitive in that part of it.

I think women carry less muscle and weight. A small frame is better in endurance, whereas muscle and power is better for sprints and middle distance. So there's less of a gap and women are more competitive with males.

But world records in all distances are still quicker for males than females.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon

In fairness, women do live longer statistically so if the race lasted 81 years they would definitely have been overtaking us in the last couple.

[QUOTE=JamesWales;5499030]In fairness, women do live longer statistically so if the race lasted 81 years they would definitely have been overtaking us in the last couple.

Elderly female ultra-marathoners reduced the gap to male ultra-marathoners in Swiss running races.

[/https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37532766/

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can see the gap closing, but I don't know if women become better than men.

There's a good book called Born To Run about ultra runners and offroad runners etc, though it's a long time since I read it. There was one person that the author kept going on about, a US female who was apparently really good at running down hill and could do it better than most men. But she wasn't winning races, just very competitive in that part of it.

I think women carry less muscle and weight. A small frame is better in endurance, whereas muscle and power is better for sprints and middle distance. So there's less of a gap and women are more competitive with males.

But world records in all distances are still quicker for males than females.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarathon
    There are loads of female WR holders cited in that Wiki reference though. WRs are anomalies. There are loads of papers in the sources I posted that refer to endurance. That’s different to speed. It’s like trying to compare an F1 race to the 24hr of Le Mans. Track records aren’t broken every race.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    It is when I’m watching us play!

"Goggins initially attempted to enter Badwater 135 without any ultra experience, but given it is an invite-only event, he was told he would need to run a 100-mile race first. Having never even run a marathon before, he completed the 2005 San Diego One Day, running 100 miles in 18:56:00."

https://run247.com/running-news/ultr...2018%3A56%3A00.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There are loads of female WR holders cited in that Wiki reference though. WRs are anomalies. There are loads of papers in the sources I posted that refer to endurance. That’s different to speed. It’s like trying to compare an F1 race to the 24hr of Le Mans. Track records aren’t broken every race.
    Yeah, they're the female world records

I've said about the difference between endurance and speed in my post. I think you're saying pretty much the same as me tbh