+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quiz question.

Quiz question.

There are two parts to this question, the first one is quite easy I'd say - like the first part, the second part is City related.

What is the connection between the following clubs, Hamburg, Aarhus, Esbjerg and Shamrock Rovers?

Re: Quiz question.

The City played all of them in the Cupwinners’ Cup.

Teams we have played both in European Competion and in friendlies?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There are two parts to this question, the first one is quite easy I'd say - like the first part, the second part is City related.

What is the connection between the following clubs, Hamburg, Aarhus, Esbjerg and Shamrock Rovers?
    Aarhus is a very, very fine hus.

gave wrong answer sorry

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Teams we have played both in European Competion and in friendlies?
    You’re 90 per cent of the way there, we played all of them in friendliest before we first played in the European Cup Winners Cup in 1964.

We drew 2-2 in Hamburg just over a hundred years ago on 18 May 2024, won 2-0 in Aarhus on 13 May 1928, we went to Esbjerg some five years before we played them in our first ever game in European competition and won 4-0 on 18 May 1959 and we drew 2-2 in Dublin against Shamrock Rovers on 17 May 1961 some six years before we played there in the first game in our run to the Semi Finals in 67/68,

Strange to think that the post season friendly has been a regular in our calendar for about half of our existence as a Football League club.

You’re 90 per cent of the way there, we played all of them in friendliest before we first played in the European Cup Winners Cup in 1964.

We drew 2-2 in Hamburg just over a hundred years ago on 18 May 2024, won 2-0 in Aarhus on 13 May 1928, we went to Esbjerg some five years before we played them in our first ever game in European competition and won 4-0 on 18 May 1959 and we drew 2-2 in Dublin against Shamrock Rovers on 17 May 1961 some six years before we played there in the first game in our run to the Semi Finals in 67/68,

Strange to think that the post season friendly has been a regular in our calendar for about half of our existence as a Football League club.

Nice.

And what else ties us and Shamrock Rovers together? It also has a little to do with friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Nice.

And what else ties us and Shamrock Rovers together? It also has a little to do with friendlies.
    Jason Byrne?

Nice.

Steve McPhail?

Steve McPhail?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Jason Byrne?
    Not the answers I was looking for.

Bob living in the 22nd century

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    Bob living in the 22nd century
    I admire his longevity. He was born in the 19th.

Nice.

We were both formed in 1899 and celebrated our centenaries together with a pre season friendly in 1999. Which I seem to remember us winning 5-1 but I honestly have no idea if I’ve remembered that right at all. It was my first pre season friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I admire his longevity. He was born in the 19th.