Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
They gave it their best, the defenders played well for both sides, Ward didn't have to make a save until the penalties and when he did he couldn't. I feared the penalties although Ward looked bigger and filled the goal a bit more he didn't get near any, and I thought Szczesney would have saved more. It's tough on Dan James who will always be remembered like Paul Bodin for missing the penalty that stopped us going to the Tournament.

I think Poundland will take a pounding at the finals it's a tough group and they will be cannon fodder, in a few months we may feel we had a lucky escape?
One of the most annoying things about the night was that I didn't think the Polish defence was that good - they struggled with high crosses into the box all night and Johnson, especially, had the beating of them when he was able to get isolated one on one. Where Poland did well defensively was in the way they never really allowed the likes of Wilson and Brooks to get much of the ball in the sort of areas which caused Finland so many problems last week.