+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How long before Tan sells up?

International

How long before Tan sells up?

I think we are due a change he's backed us well financially but keeps making the same footballing mistakes over and over so we need a change, but how long until he accepts a deal, it's a gamble because at the moment the wrong Manager could easily take us down and reduce the value.

If he wins the court case against Nantes could he sell then or give one more push for the Premie League and a decent value?

When do you think he will go?

Re: How long before Tan sells up?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think we are due a change he's backed us well financially but keeps making the same footballing mistakes over and over so we need a change, but how long until he accepts a deal, it's a gamble because at the moment the wrong Manager could easily take us down and reduce the value.

If he wins the court case against Nantes could he sell then or give one more push for the Premie League and a decent value?

Hopefully soon, I know be careful what you wish for but we are ripe for a takeover. He will never learn as he listens to no one still. Cannot believe he didn’t snap SH hand off when he supposedly offered £100 million. That’s decent for a mid to lower championship side I think….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hopefully soon, I know be careful what you wish for but we are ripe for a takeover. He will never learn as he listens to no one still. Cannot believe he didn’t snap SH hand off when he supposedly offered £100 million. That’s decent for a mid to lower championship side I think….
    Sam Hammam offered £100m??? When was this. He was so short of cash he packed Kavanagh off in a helicopter to Wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn't west brom go for about 50 mil recently ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sam Hammam offered £100m??? When was this. He was so short of cash he packed Kavanagh off in a helicopter to Wigan.
    According to the other board strong support exists for SH to come back from the fan base - not for me personally but I suppose we are not going to attract a huge line of investors with our debt

If SH regained control of club, I would give up my season ticket straight away. As NCB says, Tan has made and still makes mistakes but at least he has put his own money into the club, and as fast as I know, he doesn’t take a salary out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    According to the other board strong support exists for SH to come back from the fan base - not for me personally but I suppose we are not going to attract a huge line of investors with our debt
    There's only strong support in their echo chamber

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    You are probably right but they cite an away trip to reading which Sam was at which supposedly represents wider support for him - be good for the economy as sales of the ice creams would go up I suppose 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    If SH regained control of club, I would give up my season ticket straight away. As NCB says, Tan has made and still makes mistakes but at least he has put his own money into the club, and as fast as I know, he doesn’t take a salary out of the club.
    Kin right he doesn’t take a salary, for losing about £10 million at least every season.

Reading appear to be being sold for around £30 million which includes our impressive Bearwood training facility. If he was offered anywhere near £100 million he should have taken it.

At a meeting with Fans Reps on 30 April 2023 Mehmet Dalman stated that Vincent Tan had confirmed that he would not under any circumstances sell the club to former owner Sam Hammam or any consortium or group in which he is involved or representing.

I suspect any statement by a certain person over on Jonestown that there is any degree of support amongst the fanbase for such a move is pure fiction

I don’t know if anyone that wants him back.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There’s only 1 poster on that M/B. And he talks to himself

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Reading appear to be being sold for around £30 million which includes our impressive Bearwood training facility. If he was offered anywhere near £100 million he should have taken it.
    And he surely would have if true, even he can’t be that stubborn or dumb

He's certainly holding on until the case is done and dusted either way - probably the amount of the claim is an indication this is the last throw of the dice. I think he'll listen to offers either way after that.

would you sell your business in this economical climate ? i doubt it.

Tan better than Sam

I wish he would get rid of that pathetic little dragon

How often is the grass really greener?

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    How often is the grass really greener?
    True not that often, we'd need a lot of luck I suppose it's the same with Managers, change is often not for the better. He could be a great owner and football can occasionally become profitable if only he would appoint a few who understand the football business to run it, then the rest takes care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    At a meeting with Fans Reps on 30 April 2023 Mehmet Dalman stated that Vincent Tan had confirmed that he would not under any circumstances sell the club to former owner Sam Hammam or any consortium or group in which he is involved or representing.

I suspect any statement by a certain person over on Jonestown that there is any degree of support amongst the fanbase for such a move is pure fiction
    your last two words sums it up

You are probably right but they cite an away trip to reading which Sam was at which supposedly represents wider support for him - be good for the economy as sales of the ice creams would go up I suppose 👍👍
    I remember that Reading game. Was around 2015 or 2016.

Sam got dogs abuse by a fair few fans and after the game AA had to be held back by stewards before he threw a punch at some of them.